Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vitale on UK hiring Billy G

Featured Replies

Dickie V used to be a great sports commentator, then he started using his catch phrases too much, now every other word you hear coming out of his mouth is either "YEAH BABY" or "ARE YOU SERIOUS" or "ITS MADDENSS BABY". He needs to just shut up with the phrases that everyone is tired of and just be a good commentator again. He also needs to understand that making enemies with the greatest and most passionate fans in all of sports is a very bad thing.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dickie V used to be a great sports commentator, then he started using his catch phrases too much, now every other word you hear coming out of his mouth is either "YEAH BABY" or "ARE YOU SERIOUS" or "ITS MADDENSS BABY". He needs to just shut up with the phrases that everyone is tired of and just be a good commentator again. He also needs to understand that making enemies with the greatest and most passionate fans in all of sports is a very bad thing.

 

I think he is a good commentator, I don't agree with everything he has said but the way he commentates has always been him and he isn't going to change and I wouldn't want him too. He is just passionate about college basketball and that's what makes him a good commentator, but like I said I wouldn't agree with everything he has said.

Right back at you...you keep lovin' Tubby, I'll keep being glad he's gone...now maybe I can stay awake during a UK game since Tubby Ball was quite a good cure for insomnia...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Again....................:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Kentucky "lucked-out" in getting Gillispie.

Thanks Dick.

 

He was far overboard in many of the things he said when UK was persuing Donovan. It almost came across as agenda like. For example, if BD would have come then it would have been all downhill after the press conference.

Whatever Dicky V.

 

UK did luck out. Gillespie was very close to signing with Arkansas and re-upping with A&M. UK almost waited too long. I agree with a lot of the things you say, I just don't see how you took that as a negative dig at the program.

I would watch Dicky V before Packer definitely. I may not agree with him sometimes but he does not maliciously attack people like Packer. Packer out is there for personal gain and his actions reflect that.

Vitale is a hypocrite. He complains one week and the next week he praises.

I'm not a Vitale-lover or hater. He certainly can offer his opinion whenever he wants.

 

I saw him speak about the UK situation when he was in Atlanta covering the Final 4. When he spoke about it, on one particular occasion, he was very adamant--like he was going to blow a fuse. The Tubby issue, and the comments he made about it, obviously came from his heart.

 

What bothered me is that he always uses the "26 wins per year" argument. While that is true, it is also true that double-digit losses in a season were very common for Tubby. It is also true that the last two years of the program were not at all the norm for UK basketball. He also neglected to point out that the upcoming 07-08 team is short on talent, and lacks any kind of a legitimate, proven post-presence.

 

Tubby did average 26 wins per year and should be commended for that. But at the same time, he also lost in the double-digits at least five years during his tenure. I just wish Dick would have maintained his support of Tubby & pointed out his strengths, while also admitting that the last two seasons have been sub-par.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.