Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson on Donovan

Featured Replies

This story appeared in today's Huntington Herald Dispatch.

 

Patterson said he did not have time to meet with Donovan on Wednesday because the Florida coach didn't arrive until after Patterson left for the Bluegrass Airport in Lexington to fly to Memphis. But Patterson said he spoke with Florida assistant Donnie Jones, a candidate for the Marshall head coaching job, and Jones told him Donovan was staying at Florida.

The rest of the story

This story appeared in today's Huntington Herald Dispatch.

 

Patterson said he did not have time to meet with Donovan on Wednesday because the Florida coach didn't arrive until after Patterson left for the Bluegrass Airport in Lexington to fly to Memphis. But Patterson said he spoke with Florida assistant Donnie Jones, a candidate for the Marshall head coaching job, and Jones told him Donovan was staying at Florida.

The rest of the story

To me, it looks like Patterson wants to come to UK. He is hoping the coach they hire is a good one and fits his scheme of things.

I wish UK would just go after someone else. Let Billy stay in Florida. He's not the only coach in the world.

I believe if Donovan comes to UK, Patterson will ultimately go to Duke..If he stays at Florida, I believe thats where Patterson will end up

This story appeared in today's Huntington Herald Dispatch.

 

Patterson said he did not have time to meet with Donovan on Wednesday because the Florida coach didn't arrive until after Patterson left for the Bluegrass Airport in Lexington to fly to Memphis. But Patterson said he spoke with Florida assistant Donnie Jones, a candidate for the Marshall head coaching job, and Jones told him Donovan was staying at Florida.

The rest of the story

 

I thought there was a dead period that did not end until today and coaches were not allowed to have any contact with recruits.

I wish UK would just go after someone else. Let Billy stay in Florida. He's not the only coach in the world.

I am leaning that way myself.

Interesting quote from Patterson about Donovan:

 

"I don't know whether it (hiring Donovan) would help or hurt (UK's chances)," Patterson told the paper. "If he left Florida, it would show his personality after all that he's said. It would show something about all the promises he made that he would never leave Florida for any reason."

 

So if Billy comes to UK he looks bad in Patterson's eyes for lying to him? Is there any other way to interpret that?

 

C-J

Has Billy actually said he would never leave Florida? I've never read or heard anything like that. I thought that was a little rude of Patterson to insinuate that he would think less of him if he left. Coaches have to look at what's best for them and their families, just as players do.

  • Author
Interesting quote from Patterson about Donovan:

 

"I don't know whether it (hiring Donovan) would help or hurt (UK's chances)," Patterson told the paper. "If he left Florida, it would show his personality after all that he's said. It would show something about all the promises he made that he would never leave Florida for any reason."

 

So if Billy comes to UK he looks bad in Patterson's eyes for lying to him? Is there any other way to interpret that?

 

C-J

 

 

 

 

THat's the way I took it.

When Patterson signs for 4 years at a college is he going to stay the 4 years or leave after one or two?

Has Billy actually said he would never leave Florida? I've never read or heard anything like that. I thought that was a little rude of Patterson to insinuate that he would think less of him if he left. Coaches have to look at what's best for them and their families, just as players do.

 

Have you ever been recruited by Donovan? If not, I'll go with the guy that has.

When Patterson signs for 4 years at a college is he going to stay the 4 years or leave after one or two?

 

If he plays as great as he can, one year, two years at the most.

What i'm asking is, has he ever said that in public? When he was recruiting Patterson, the Kentucky job wasn't open. That makes a big difference. I'm sure Tubby told him he wasn't going anywhere either. I just don't think it's right to say that he has less character because he takes another job.

When Patterson signs for 4 years at a college is he going to stay the 4 years or leave after one or two?

 

I see the point you're trying to make, and I think its valid. The only thing is most college scholarships are one-year renewable. You don't sign for all four years, you sign for one. It's like signing 4 one-year contracts at the coach's discretion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.