Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan Offered 5 Million Per Year...

Featured Replies

It's still ridiculous, and I don't believe it wil happen. 4 mil I should say.

Where do schools get this money from? Boosters? Athletic fund? It is all the same?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's still ridiculous, and I don't believe it wil happen. 4 mil I should say.

I agree that it would be ridiculous offer anyone 4 mil. I believe it makes UK look desperate.

Where do schools get this money from? Boosters? Athletic fund? It is all the same?
Are you asking a question or making a statement?
I agree that it would be ridiculous offer anyone 4 mil. I believe it makes UK look desperate.
Are they? :cool:
Are they? :cool:

I think most of our fans are.:D

  • Author
Are they? :cool:

We've become the Yankees.

5 Million a year is gonna be tough for UK to match. I personally dont want them to match it. Thats unheard of money for a college coach. We're going to turn into the NY Yankees of college basketball before its all over.

 

I also dont see Donovan taking this job, if he puts as much faith in Pitino's advice as many think he does, then theres no way he takes the job.

 

& how many world series have they won???? ;)

It's still ridiculous, and I don't believe it wil happen. 4 mil I should say.

What’s the problem if UK wants to offer Coach Donovan 4 million to coach the cats??? IMO if you have it (money) then use it to your advantage, isn’t that the nature of the beast?

With all the NBA talent Billy has turned out at Florida don’t you think that they will give millions back to the university that launched them to the top? How much do you think the Dukies in the NBA have given back to Duke? How much more does that make coach K worth?

If the NBA can offer 5 mil. Why can’t a premier college compete with that, and don’t give me because it hasn’t been done before, because it will be done the question is who does it first…

I think 4M is an astronomical amount to pay for a college coach, but, it's going to happen, sooner or later, if not at UK, then somewhere else, and in this situation, that maybe what the market calls for to get the man you want...I don't think it's a sign of desperation, as much as it is, to get the one you want, you may have to be willing to dish out the bucks to get him.

If not willing to go to this extreme, go to plan B....

Memphis is garbage, he'd be an idiot to take that job.

Are they? :cool:

I think it is too early to say. As far as I know no one has been offered the job yet. Now if they start throwing out offers and only getting "thanks but no thank" then they would start to get desperate.

Memphis is garbage, he'd be an idiot to take that job.

But he would be a rich idiot:banana:

Memphis is a graveyard (except for Pau :D)

 

Exactly... a bottomfeeder... who wants to be that...

Exactly... a bottomfeeder... who wants to be that...
Cincinnati.
Are you asking a question or making a statement?

Asking a question. Where does the money come from?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.