(6) Louisville VS (11) Stanford

Sportz Addict

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If UL shoots over 45% from the floor they win the game. Press after every made basket and you can really hurt the below average Stanford guards. If Stanford makes it a half court game with the Lopez twins protecting the rim the Cards are ripe for defeat...

How about Rick getting to come to Rupp. I can't believe that Louisville got put that close to home.

I'm kind of glad that UofL players/fans will get to look up in the rafters and see all those banners hanging down!!!:D

A nice reminder to them who is the "King" in the Bluegrass State.;)

Didn't want to start a new thread on this, so I posted it here. I thought some people might laugh at this quote from this article.

Former Kentucky coach Rick Pitino will coach in Rupp Arena for the first time in over a decade, facing Stanford in the South Region.

Really? I would swear it was last year and that it's happened three times in the past decade.....

WLKY, a Louisville news station, just reported that the UL-Stanford game will tip off at 12:40 on Thursday. If this is true, that is brutal for Stanford. Not only is Louisville basically playing a home game, but the start time is 9:40 on the West Coast. Ouch.

WLKY, a Louisville news station, just reported that the UL-Stanford game will tip off at 12:40 on Thursday. If this is true, that is brutal for Stanford. Not only is Louisville basically playing a home game, but the start time is 9:40 on the West Coast. Ouch.

Yikes...

Louisville should win this one, but I think Acie Law and Texas A&M will beat them in the second round. I wonder how many UK fans will go to Rupp and become Stanford fans for a day. I know if I lived in Lexington, I wouldn't mind paying a little bit to help Stanford upset the Cardinals. ;)

Typical...:rolleyes:

I think Stanford's going to be tough. I think this was an "up" year for the Pac-10 as a conference, and that it was a very tough conference to play in. Stanford is a very good basketball team. They beat Virginia at home, beat UCLA, beat Oregon, beat Washington St. They are very tough inside defensively and down low offensively, which I think counters Louisville's strengths nicely. Lets face it, when the Cards start lofting 3's they stink, and if the Cardinal force them into that game it will be an early exit.

That having been said, when Pitino has a week to prepare he is awesome, I think Louisville can take advantage of Stanford's guards, and the home field and time difference is going to be a definite edge. I think Louisville wins by 8 or 9.