Sportz Addict

Who wins the game?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its sweet sixteen time in Kentucky but lets talk about those cats. First things first, I want somebody to please tell me how UK got in the dance, minus the RPI and SOS. That does not do justice when you get beat by all the good teams. Here is a summary, 0-7 against the top 25 and 3-10 against the RPI top 50 and 4-6 during their last ten games. They beat Indiana and U of L which was early and would not happen now, because both of those teams have improved tremendously. They beat Tennessee without Lofton and beat LSU without Big Baby. They lost to a mediocre Miss. State would had three starters foul out and still could not put them away. Several mid majors played them close in nonconference at Rupp. All I am saying is that it is not fair to Drexel, Syracuse, and K-State, and even Missouri State to not get an invite because of the name on their jersey. It all boils down to recruiting and there is no excuse for not getting the same talent at Uk that goes to Ohio State and UNC. The fact of the matter is that nobody wants to go to Kentucky because he does not prepare players for the NBA because there is absolutely no offense. There hasnt been a 20 point average score during the Tubby Smith era. He won with Pitinos recruits and has been a 8/9 seed the last two years, it may be a good thing because if they was a number 1 seed they might lose to UAB or something. I just want somebody to prove some evidence on why UK is dancing.

The bolded isn't clear on what you mean, but....

A) If you're saying they haven't had a 20ppg scorer since Tubby's been there, that's just ignorant. Pitino had what, 1? Most teams don't have guys that put 20 in a game. UNC doesn't, Kansas doesn't, Florida doesn't, Ohio State doesn't, Memphis doesn't, Wisconsin doesn't (Tucker's at 19.9), UCLA doesn't, Georgetown doesn't, Texas A&M doesn't, Washington State doesn't, Pittsburgh doesn't, Oregon doesn't....

B) If you're saying they haven't had a season with a 20 ppg margin of victory, that's even more ignorant. Teams nowadays, do not win games in that manner. You are going to struggle to find a team that ever has done that. There aren't very many.

What's obvious is they gave Hibbert fits 3 times and didn't let Gray dominate them either. Playing post D isn't about size for Nova and their style is one that has shown to frustrate and befuddle Morris. If you look at rosters, sure UK has an advantage. If you watch teams, not so much. I'll let it slide that you said only Oden and Hibbert could stop him...

Who else can stop him? He scored at will on Hansborough. Whenever Florida plays UK they either double or Morris scores when he gets it. He had a good game against Alabama's good frontline.

Everyone knows that Morris' biggest problem has been consistency from time to time. Sometimes he just doesnt really get after it. What cant be denied is his talent. Now, tell me who would keep Morris in check without him being double teamed?

Who else can stop him? He scored at will on Hansborough. Whenever Florida plays UK they either double or Morris scores when he gets it. He had a good game against Alabama's good frontline.

Everyone knows that Morris' biggest problem has been consistency from time to time. Sometimes he just doesnt really get after it. What cant be denied is his talent. Now, tell me who would keep Morris in check without him being double teamed?

Nova is active from 3/4 court and they eliminate chances in the post. They were able to use this method to hold down Gray and Hibbert. Morris has shown to get frustrated against this type of system and Cunningham knows how to play in to a double team. It's not a stretch to say Morris can dominate the game, but you can't ignore Nova doing well against players in that mold. To say there are only two players in the country that can stop Morris is comical at best...

Nova is active from 3/4 court and they eliminate chances in the post. They were able to use this method to hold down Gray and Hibbert. Morris has shown to get frustrated against this type of system and Cunningham knows how to play in to a double team. It's not a stretch to say Morris can dominate the game, but you can't ignore Nova doing well against players in that mold. To say there are only two players in the country that can stop Morris is comical at best...

Thats fine. Give me some names then. You want to say comical, but I dont see many guys who can stop Morris if you give him the ball on the block and do not double team him.

Thats fine. Give me some names then. You want to say comical, but I dont see many guys who can stop Morris if you give him the ball on the block and do not double team him.

Aren't you now a coach? You should know the game is deeper than that. Plus it's nice to see you ignore the real point of that post. Do you really need a list of guys that gave Morris problems...

Did you all know that the Final Four prognositcator MSU Eagles has not posted since 3/10/2007 - 12:59 am? He is holding out until UK makes the Final Four...

Could be awhile.

Hey stop giving credit to MSU, I have been saying all year that this years UK team will do something very special in the tournament and make a very big run. And I have stuck with it, and put UK in my final four! So I know I am still sticking with what I said all year, but MSU has gotten all the credit for picking UK to the final four...:madman: :D

Honestly though if UK can SOMEHOW get past this first weekend, I really do like their shot at getting to that final four. I really do think we can beat Villanova, and I have yet to think of ANY advantage we would have over Kansas if we get to the second round, so I see no way we could win that game by looking at how we match up. So that is why I think UK would do it, because Kansas has lost to many of teams that had no business losing to early in the tournament, and I just hoping it happens again this year...:D

Aren't you now a coach? You should know the game is deeper than that. Plus it's nice to see you ignore the real point of that post. Do you really need a list of guys that gave Morris problems...

Who has stopped Morris 1 on 1 in the post? Hey this is not me saying that Morris is the best center or one of the top 5 in America. I am not saying that. I believe that there are 15 or 20 big men in America that simply cannot be stopped 1 on 1 by almost every center in the country. Now my point is Villanova, as well as most other teams simply has to double down on Morris to keep him from scoring. Now I have given centers that cant stop Morris. So why dont you give me some centers who played against Morris and stopped him without being double teamed very much at all.