(8) Kentucky VS (9) Villanova

Sportz Addict

Who wins the game?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

Who has stopped Morris 1 on 1 in the post? Hey this is not me saying that Morris is the best center or one of the top 5 in America. I am not saying that. I believe that there are 15 or 20 big men in America that simply cannot be stopped 1 on 1 by almost every center in the country. Now my point is Villanova, as well as most other teams simply has to double down on Morris to keep him from scoring. Now I have given centers that cant stop Morris. So why dont you give me some centers who played against Morris and stopped him without being double teamed very much at all.

These are some examples of a team attacking and having effect on UK's best player...if 'Nova plays like any of these teams (in particular Vandy, which they resemble)..it could happen:

U of L gave Morris fits by going right at him....he was in terrible foul trouble....

UCLA - 11 points, 4 rebounds

Louisville - 2 points, 3 rebounds

UMass - 14 points, 5 rebounds

Auburn - 12 points, 6 rebounds

Georgia - 11 points, 2 rebounds (fouled out)

Tennessee - 9 points, 4 rebounds

Arkansas - 14 points, 2 rebounds

Vanderbilt - 4 points, 6 rebounds

Florida - 13 points, 2 rebounds

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that Nardi will play on Friday, how effective that he will be is the question. Regardless I say the Wildcats win this one.............................................................................................

U.K. Wildcats that is

U.K. 72

Nova 67

These are some examples of a team attacking and having effect on UK's best player...if 'Nova plays like any of these teams (in particular Vandy, which they resemble)..it could happen:

U of L gave Morris fits by going right at him....he was in terrible foul trouble....

UCLA - 11 points, 4 rebounds

Louisville - 2 points, 3 rebounds

UMass - 14 points, 5 rebounds

Auburn - 12 points, 6 rebounds

Georgia - 11 points, 2 rebounds (fouled out)

Tennessee - 9 points, 4 rebounds

Arkansas - 14 points, 2 rebounds

Vanderbilt - 4 points, 6 rebounds

Florida - 13 points, 2 rebounds

Here is the thing. All of those teams to my knowledge doubled down on Morris. The only one I do not know about is UCLA because I was out of town and did not watch that game.

Now, am I saying that I am predicting Morris has a huge game and it would be highly doubtful that he wouldnt play the way he did in the games you mentioned?

No, I have pointed out Morris' inconsistencies. And am I very confident that UK will win the game Friday night based on the season? No.

I do however believe that Villanova will have to play a lot of attention to Morris and should equal good looks for Perry, Crawford, Bradley, Meeks, etc.

I think UK will win this game, but it would not surprise me to see Villanova win. Ive already sited that Reynolds and especially Sumpter are tough matchups for UK.

Listen guys

UK is in the best situation they can be in with the bracket they are in. Yea Nova has Reynolds and Sumpter but who else do they have? It takes a team to win, not 2 players. But Reynolds is a nice player and can give UK 30 but i dont think Bradley nor Meeks nor Jasper will let that happen. and Nova has to deal with Crawford, Meeks and Morris and sometimes Bradley and Perry. So if UK isnt playing selfish like they usually do and play the way the Coach tells them to, they will be ok. If Morris is being lazy and Crawford gets in "Kobe Mode" and Bradley isnt pouting, UK will win. Its that simple

"They're very impressive," Smith said. "They're an outstanding free-throw shooting team. They've got an outstanding coach. We're going to have to make sure we take care of the ball against them. As a whole they're fundamentally very sound."

Tubby agrees with me...

"They're very impressive," Smith said. "They're an outstanding free-throw shooting team. They've got an outstanding coach. We're going to have to make sure we take care of the ball against them. As a whole they're fundamentally very sound."

Tubby agrees with me...

??? I dont think anyone is saying that Villanova is not a good basketball team. They have some great players and they play very hard. Jay Wright is probably one of the hottest names in coaching IMO as well. I feel like UK has more depth and I think UK will win this game. Especially if Nardy cant play big minutes, it really shortens their bench down.