(8) Kentucky VS (9) Villanova

Sportz Addict

Who wins the game?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

Based on???

Villanova has no one that can matchup and stop Morris in the post. That is pretty obvious. Other than probably Hibbert and maybe Oden, no one else can do that either. Their tallest players who play are 6-8. Now, Villanova does a pretty good job keeping inside players in check, they help out a lot. This means there will be a lot of opportunities for other players.

Also UK is a much deeper team than Villanova is. Nardy's injury is a factor for Villanova as well.

I think UK will win, but I do think especially Sumpter and Reynolds are tough matchups.

Im excited about the Madness!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villanova has no one that can matchup and stop Morris in the post. That is pretty obvious.

What's obvious is they gave Hibbert fits 3 times and didn't let Gray dominate them either. Playing post D isn't about size for Nova and their style is one that has shown to frustrate and befuddle Morris. If you look at rosters, sure UK has an advantage. If you watch teams, not so much. I'll let it slide that you said only Oden and Hibbert could stop him...

If Morris only gets 14 UK is in a world of trouble.

Morris just needs to be on the floor and to be a threat to score(while I would like for him to score 20, it is more important that he is in there to keep the Villanova d honest). He opens up everything else for the guards.

You are putting words into people's mouth's. No one said that they were not physical or athletic enough to beat UK.

Maybe not exact.....but...

Probably so, but Nova is not a physical or overly athletic bunch.

That is a good matchup for UK.

What's obvious is they gave Hibbert fits 3 times and didn't let Gray dominate them either. Playing post D isn't about size for Nova and their style is one that has shown to frustrate and befuddle Morris. If you look at rosters, sure UK has an advantage. If you watch teams, not so much. I'll let it slide that you said only Oden and Hibbert could stop him...

I thought I put a good post out there....but the light can't be seen....maybe at midnight Friday night we will unveil it.

I know its sweet sixteen time in Kentucky but lets talk about those cats. First things first, I want somebody to please tell me how UK got in the dance, minus the RPI and SOS. That does not do justice when you get beat by all the good teams. Here is a summary, 0-7 against the top 25 and 3-10 against the RPI top 50 and 4-6 during their last ten games. They beat Indiana and U of L which was early and would not happen now, because both of those teams have improved tremendously. They beat Tennessee without Lofton and beat LSU without Big Baby. They lost to a mediocre Miss. State would had three starters foul out and still could not put them away. Several mid majors played them close in nonconference at Rupp. All I am saying is that it is not fair to Drexel, Syracuse, and K-State, and even Missouri State to not get an invite because of the name on their jersey. It all boils down to recruiting and there is no excuse for not getting the same talent at Uk that goes to Ohio State and UNC. The fact of the matter is that nobody wants to go to Kentucky because he does not prepare players for the NBA because there is absolutely no offense. There hasnt been a 20 point average score during the Tubby Smith era. He won with Pitinos recruits and has been a 8/9 seed the last two years, it may be a good thing because if they was a number 1 seed they might lose to UAB or something. I just want somebody to prove some evidence on why UK is dancing.

I know its sweet sixteen time in Kentucky but lets talk about those cats. First things first, I want somebody to please tell me how UK got in the dance, minus the RPI and SOS. That does not do justice when you get beat by all the good teams. Here is a summary, 0-7 against the top 25 and 3-10 against the RPI top 50 and 4-6 during their last ten games. They beat Indiana and U of L which was early and would not happen now, because both of those teams have improved tremendously. They beat Tennessee without Lofton and beat LSU without Big Baby. They lost to a mediocre Miss. State would had three starters foul out and still could not put them away. Several mid majors played them close in nonconference at Rupp. All I am saying is that it is not fair to Drexel, Syracuse, and K-State, and even Missouri State to not get an invite because of the name on their jersey. It all boils down to recruiting and there is no excuse for not getting the same talent at Uk that goes to Ohio State and UNC. The fact of the matter is that nobody wants to go to Kentucky because he does not prepare players for the NBA because there is absolutely no offense. There hasnt been a 20 point average score during the Tubby Smith era. He won with Pitinos recruits and has been a 8/9 seed the last two years, it may be a good thing because if they was a number 1 seed they might lose to UAB or something. I just want somebody to prove some evidence on why UK is dancing.

Was that every talking point in one post? Impressive...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:rolleyes: Why dont you see how many Tubby kids are actually good players in the NBA...