Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freel: Back on the Bench?

Featured Replies

With Josh Hamilton's success so far, does Freel start the season as a role player?

Hamilton works out and RF is trade bait if the Redlegs are in it at the trade deadline. Perhaps that's another of my pipedreams.

With Josh Hamilton's success so far, does Freel start the season as a role player?

 

Someone will always be hurt so he will end up playing more games than the starters anyway.

Hamilton still has to make the team.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He has in my opinion.

  • Author
Hamilton still has to make the team.

 

Well, I guess that's true for Dunn, Griffey, Harang,etc etc.

 

I think you get the point.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jr starts the season on the DL and Freel is in RF. If they are comfortable with Phillips leading off, than Hamilton as long as he doesn't go into a prolong spring league slump, starts in RF.

Man, I still miss Kearns!

Hamilton still has to make the team.

 

He'll make the team, small investment, huge talent, ties to Narron. I hope the Reds offer TB something so he can get some AB's at Louiville and not be just a fill in at the ML level.

Dunn starts year in LF.

Hamilton starts year in CF.

Griffey starts year in RF.

Hamilton could be a really good "feel-good" story if all goes well. I am really pulling for this kid and not just b/c his success helps the REDS succeed!

Hamilton makes the team and watches Freel start the outfield with Griffey and Dunn barring Junior being on the DL as LBBC mentioned.

 

Who makes the bench as a 5th outfielder? Crosby, Hopper or Denorfia? Crosby is out of options.

Who makes the bench as a 5th outfielder? Crosby, Hopper or Denorfia? Crosby is out of options.

We have parallel threads going, but I don't think Crosby makes it because I think they'll keep Chad Moeller.

 

I think Hopper and Denorfia are back to Louisville, Crosby is cut loose (although I like him), and Conine is the 5th outfielder.

 

I think Hamilton starts over Freel because they like Freel's versatility off the bench and he has been unable to stay healthy for 3 days this spring. Big shock.

 

Still believe the Opening Day OF is (left to right) Dunn, Hamilton, and Griffey.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.