Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LexCath 91 Scott County 83

Featured Replies

First of all I am not a Scott Co. fan nor Lex Cath fan. I was reading the posts on the incident with this young lady after the game. She acted out of emotion. Losing in the district championship is different than losing in the regional tournament. If you lose a district championship, like Lex Cath girls or Tates Creek boys, even though it still hurts you are guaranteed at least one more game. When you lose in the regional it is over. Should we throw stones at this young lady as so many have on here? No. Should the behavior be tolerated? No. Let her coach, parents, administrator or somebody close to her tell her what she done was wrong and that she has to learn to face adversity.

 

Once again she acted out of frustration and hurt. If anyone of us on here has never done anything out of emotion that we have looked back on it and had no remorse for what we done, than please post that you are perfect and you and only you who are perfect have the right to judge her. Let the girl be...She will look back someday and realize what she done, she doesn't need us correcting her behavior....

  • Replies 48
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, we just told you she did! This is fact not fiction or I heard, she did and that is the bottom line!

 

I was expressing an opinion. Keep your attitude in Orlando.

Where's Hoops Yoda? He should have the scoop on the situation.

I was at the game and saw her point at each one of the refs and said something along the lines that they are horrible. Then when the Lex Cath player was at the free throw line she was just staring at the ref and she said something. I don't know what.

 

I understand how emotion can get the best of some people, but I would never accept this type of behavior out of any athlete. Play the game.

 

I do agree that the referees were less than stellar the whole game, but they were making bad calls both ways. The problem was that they made bad calls at times and the players expected them to continue making those same type of calls at the end of the game and they didn't.

 

Bottom line is that Scott County could have won this game and had their chances.

I was at the game and saw her point at each one of the refs and said something along the lines that they are horrible. Then when the Lex Cath player was at the free throw line she was just staring at the ref and she said something. I don't know what.

 

I understand how emotion can get the best of some people, but I would never accept this type of behavior out of any athlete. Play the game.

 

I do agree that the referees were less than stellar the whole game, but they were making bad calls both ways. The problem was that they made bad calls at times and the players expected them to continue making those same type of calls at the end of the game and they didn't.

 

Bottom line is that Scott County could have won this game and had their chances.

 

 

It sounds to me like she should have been hit with a technical foul or two. I have seen many others get one for doing less this year. maybe she gets "star" treatment since she was preordained as Miss Basketball by the media last spring.

I disagree. There is no place in High School Sports for this kind of behavior. The parents and administrators who permit such behavior are the root cause of what is wrong with high school sports today. Even Terrell Owens is better behaved than that. :thumb:

 

I dont think this kind of behavior is being permitted. I dont know of any other incident with that group of girls. Its obviously wrong, but if you want to get on here and blast a young girl then who made a mistake then thats your business, but I don't like it myself. I would like to think that her parents will deal with this situation and she will learn from it.

My gosh I guess we are all perfect!! This board should not be used to be mean-spirited to a teenager and to personally harm her and influence how others think and may vote. Have people cut down the language used by a guy like OJ or many of his antics on the court over the years and said he should not be Ohio Mr. Basketball and so forth and so on? Let's be fair here and not pounce all over one of ours who we should give the benefit of the doubt to in a time of distress. I can see taking an adult coach to task, but I can't see using this board to so terribly berate a teenage girl. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Cut her some slack and remember how you felt when you played and when your high school career ended, if you actually played sports. My heart goes out to her, her teammates and to all their parents.

 

 

You must have been away from BGP for a couple of years. No one has been more vilified by posters than has Mayo. When you are a primetimer, which some may consider Gray to be, you must take the heat with the "kisses".

You must have been away from BGP for a couple of years. No one has been more vilified by posters than has Mayo. When you are a primetimer, which some may consider Gray to be, you must take the heat with the "kisses".

 

When you get to their position it comes with the spotlight right scooter? What happens if this is Duke and UNC next year? Then it is not only statewide attention, but national attention.

not anymore.

 

 

Where you been all year Supertrooper??? He has played in West Virginia, Huntington High School, for the whole season... He plays along side another pretty good player in Patrick Patterson.

I was expressing an opinion. Keep your attitude in Orlando.

 

Opinions are fine and dandy until the facts are laid out infront of you. Numerous posters witnessed this so what is there not to believe. Emotions get the best of anyone.

 

As someone posted, she staired down the ref during a FT which was right after I witnessed her tell this same ref that they all were terrible. This should have warranted a technical but did not.

This must have been a heck of a game.

This is Rebecca's mom here. It is really a shame that I am having to get on here and state the FACTS to defend my child, who happens to be hurting terribly right now. My time would be much better served attending to her at this moment. But I cannot just let this go.

 

Anyone who knows Rebecca, knows that she does not behave in this manner. She takes every team and every team's fans best punch game in and game out and does it with grace and class. In the closing seconds of the game, I was on the floor, out of bounds, ready to attend to my baby as soon as the game ended. I did not want a repeat of last year where she was left crying on the floor in the middle of the Catholic celebration, and had a large color picture of it in the paper the next day. This is tough for a BARELY 17 year old KID to deal with!

 

As soon as the buzzer sounded, Rebecca pulled her jersey over her face and went to the end of SC's bench and collapsed on the floor in front of the water cooler. I had my eyes on her the entire time as I was making my way to her. I was on the same end of the floor that she was as the game ended and was to her in mere seconds. When I reached her, I picked her up off the floor, and helped her toward the locker room. On the way, she recived hugs and pats on the back from several Lex Cath players and Keyla Snowden in particular came over and told her to keep her head up that she was a great player. She also received a BIG HUG from Tony the LC Assistant coach and he told her that she was a heckuva player. When we reached half court, 3 SC Assistant coaches helped her the rest of the way to the locker room. She was the last player off the floor and by no means "left for the locker room and refused to shake hands". She simply went to the end of the bench, out of the line of firw of the cameras, so she didn't have another picture to remind her of the pain that she will feel for a long time. She acknowledged their team and coaches and she was NEVER unattended. By the way, I was the one in the red hooded sweater having to practically drag her across the floor because she was so distraught!!!

 

Rebecca did speak with the referees with 4 seconds left and LC on the foul line, she said she asked them " how they were going to sleep that night because of the foul descrepency". A kid just wanting an answer to something she felt had occured. I assure you, had she "carried on" the way it has been told, she would have been T'd up and I probably would have marched on the floor and dealt with her myself. This was much different from the tale of her yelling at them that they were horrible!!!! She would never and has never disrespected anyone in this manner. Even when she has been provoked by other teams fans and at times players. She has always remained level-headed and would never call negative attention to herself, school, or teammates.

 

I have been a frequent reader of this site, but have never posted myself. It is a shame that a kid who has given her heart and soul, never taken one day off since the 7th grade, other than Thanksgiving and Christmas, and has to play 32 minutes every competitive game, has to endure this type of misleading commentary from adults. I don't get on here game in and game out and post all of the horrible things that are said and done to her by players and fans. And, she handles it with class at a level much greater than most of us could ever do. She is a super young lady on and off the court and has the softest- biggest heart I know. None of us could ever imagine the hurt and pain she must be going through right now. It is really easy to sit back, far removed from the whole thing, at a computer and make these comments about a kid you know nothing about. I would be more than glad to talk to any of you about the facts and what really happened last night, as I had a birdseye view for the entire thing. It was as I said it happened and if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (859) 230-5102.

 

She has many friends on that lex Cath team, some she has played with in the summer for years. She would NEVER do anything to hurt them or take anything away from them. They won the game and did what they needed to do at crunch time. Rebecca knows that she did all she could and her only regret is that she couldn't do more. She played the ENTIRE game being face guarded at all times, double-teamed when she had the ball, and at the end with the other 4 starters fouled out, triple-teamed, and still had 32 points. She was physically exhausted and wringing wet with sweat and tears when I got to her at the end. It is very unfortunate that a great game and an even more stellar career has to come down to these petty comments from adults. Especially regarding such a wonderful kid, which everyone who knows her can attest. By the way, she has played her entire career without one technical foul, or so much as a warning. That is the kind of player she is..... Thank you for listening. Amy Gray

Congrats to Lex Cath on the win. Great season Lady Cards! Rebecca keep your head up you played a great game. Best of luck in college! There is no reason why you shouldn't be Miss Basketball!

This is Rebecca's mom here. It is really a shame that I am having to get on here and state the FACTS to defend my child, who happens to be hurting terribly right now. My time would be much better served attending to her at this moment. But I cannot just let this go.

 

Anyone who knows Rebecca, knows that she does not behave in this manner. She takes every team and every team's fans best punch game in and game out and does it with grace and class. In the closing seconds of the game, I was on the floor, out of bounds, ready to attend to my baby as soon as the game ended. I did not want a repeat of last year where she was left crying on the floor in the middle of the Catholic celebration, and had a large color picture of it in the paper the next day. This is tough for a BARELY 17 year old KID to deal with!

 

As soon as the buzzer sounded, Rebecca pulled her jersey over her face and went to the end of SC's bench and collapsed on the floor in front of the water cooler. I had my eyes on her the entire time as I was making my way to her. I was on the same end of the floor that she was as the game ended and was to her in mere seconds. When I reached her, I picked her up off the floor, and helped her toward the locker room. On the way, she recived hugs and pats on the back from several Lex Cath players and Keyla Snowden in particular came over and told her to keep her head up that she was a great player. She also received a BIG HUG from Tony the LC Assistant coach and he told her that she was a heckuva player. When we reached half court, 3 SC Assistant coaches helped her the rest of the way to the locker room. She was the last player off the floor and by no means "left for the locker room and refused to shake hands". She simply went to the end of the bench, out of the line of firw of the cameras, so she didn't have another picture to remind her of the pain that she will feel for a long time. She acknowledged their team and coaches and she was NEVER unattended. By the way, I was the one in the red hooded sweater having to practically drag her across the floor because she was so distraught!!!

 

Rebecca did speak with the referees with 4 seconds left and LC on the foul line, she said she asked them " how they were going to sleep that night because of the foul descrepency". A kid just wanting an answer to something she felt had occured. I assure you, had she "carried on" the way it has been told, she would have been T'd up and I probably would have marched on the floor and dealt with her myself. This was much different from the tale of her yelling at them that they were horrible!!!! She would never and has never disrespected anyone in this manner. Even when she has been provoked by other teams fans and at times players. She has always remained level-headed and would never call negative attention to herself, school, or teammates.

 

I have been a frequent reader of this site, but have never posted myself. It is a shame that a kid who has given her heart and soul, never taken one day off since the 7th grade, other than Thanksgiving and Christmas, and has to play 32 minutes every competitive game, has to endure this type of misleading commentary from adults. I don't get on here game in and game out and post all of the horrible things that are said and done to her by players and fans. And, she handles it with class at a level much greater than most of us could ever do. She is a super young lady on and off the court and has the softest- biggest heart I know. None of us could ever imagine the hurt and pain she must be going through right now. It is really easy to sit back, far removed from the whole thing, at a computer and make these comments about a kid you know nothing about. I would be more than glad to talk to any of you about the facts and what really happened last night, as I had a birdseye view for the entire thing. It was as I said it happened and if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (859) 230-5102.

 

She has many friends on that lex Cath team, some she has played with in the summer for years. She would NEVER do anything to hurt them or take anything away from them. They won the game and did what they needed to do at crunch time. Rebecca knows that she did all she could and her only regret is that she couldn't do more. She played the ENTIRE game being face guarded at all times, double-teamed when she had the ball, and at the end with the other 4 starters fouled out, triple-teamed, and still had 32 points. She was physically exhausted and wringing wet with sweat and tears when I got to her at the end. It is very unfortunate that a great game and an even more stellar career has to come down to these petty comments from adults. Especially regarding such a wonderful kid, which everyone who knows her can attest. By the way, she has played her entire career without one technical foul, or so much as a warning. That is the kind of player she is..... Thank you for listening. Amy Gray

Great Post! nuff said. I fell your pain as a parent.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.