Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LexCath 91 Scott County 83

Featured Replies

First of all I am not a Scott Co. fan nor Lex Cath fan. I was reading the posts on the incident with this young lady after the game. She acted out of emotion. Losing in the district championship is different than losing in the regional tournament. If you lose a district championship, like Lex Cath girls or Tates Creek boys, even though it still hurts you are guaranteed at least one more game. When you lose in the regional it is over. Should we throw stones at this young lady as so many have on here? No. Should the behavior be tolerated? No. Let her coach, parents, administrator or somebody close to her tell her what she done was wrong and that she has to learn to face adversity.

 

Once again she acted out of frustration and hurt. If anyone of us on here has never done anything out of emotion that we have looked back on it and had no remorse for what we done, than please post that you are perfect and you and only you who are perfect have the right to judge her. Let the girl be...She will look back someday and realize what she done, she doesn't need us correcting her behavior....

Very good post these are kids were talking about still.
  • Replies 48
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough in high school to make the regional tournament all 4 years. We never did win it and two of our losses came in the championship game. At no time did I see any actions like this in public. Of course emotions run high and it is kids that are involved but I don't think that any of these are reasons for such actions to be excused.

Mrs Gray, I feel your pain and fully understand how upset you are about all this. I surely don't blame you for sticking up for your child, we are parents and that is what we are suppose to do.

 

I was sitting in the front row of the game and I am not just blowing smoke, your daughter, who in my opinion is the best player in the state no matter what, did make gestures towards the ref by pointing right at him and said you all are all terrrible. This was after, as you put it, walked up to the ref and asked a question. She preceded to stare down this ref during the FT. At the end of the game right infront of me after taking the last shot did indeed flip the LC crowd off. This was witnessed by my daughter, who admires everything about your daughter, and also a very well known coach. She was shocked. Unfortunately, this did happen and numerous people saw it. Is it a big deal, to me, NO. If that was the worse thing I did while playing athletics I would be a saint. I for one am not condeming her, she is a great talent and acted out of frustration and disappointment.

 

It is over and nothing can be done about it. She will continue her career at a great University and I am sure she has learned a great lesson from this and her entire high school career. She is a great kid from what everyone has told me about her. On Rebecca's behalf, she was approached a few times by parents while warming up to have her picture taken w/some of the handicapped kids, thats huge and very flattering for someone to want their picture taken w/a high school athlete. She very graciously walked over and sat w/these kids and had her picture taken w/them. She is no longer a kid as we all may think. She is a very nice young lady w/a tremendous love for basketball.

This is a good place to end this one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.