Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LexCath 91 Scott County 83

Featured Replies

I just spoke to a friend that went to the game, and she said that Rebecca Gray acted horrible after the game. Flipping off the other team and ref's anyone have anymore details on this??

 

Hopefully she didn't end her great high school career like this. That would be too bad.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully she didn't end her great high school career like this. That would be too bad.

 

Wrong, we just told you she did! This is fact not fiction or I heard, she did and that is the bottom line!

First of all that was a great game. Very exciting. I really thought Scott County's defense was suspect at times. But I believe a big reason for that was the ticky tack fouls that Holly Wilburn was called for. She is their best defender and athlete. I thought the biggest play in the game was the 3 point play that Novosel had when LexCath was down 1. It could have very easily been called a charge. That play was huge and a close call.

 

Scott County had 4 girls foul out

LexCath had none.

 

#4 from LexCath I thought played a great game. As for the behavior by the Scott Co girls, I didnt see it because I left quick to beat the traffic, but obviously they should have behaved themselves better, but they are kidsthough and kids make mistakes.

How old is Rebecca Gray, My guess is 18. I just dont wont to be represented by that type of behavior.

What were the stats for the game? I heard Keyla Snowden, Natalie Novosel, and Briana Green all three put up 20+ in this one. I was a bit shocked at the free throw differential Catholic had over Scott Co. considering this was at Georgetown. However, I know the Lady Knights are good at driving to the hole and drawing fouls such as in the second LCA game this season.

My gosh I guess we are all perfect!! This board should not be used to be mean-spirited to a teenager and to personally harm her and influence how others think and may vote. Have people cut down the language used by a guy like OJ or many of his antics on the court over the years and said he should not be Ohio Mr. Basketball and so forth and so on? Let's be fair here and not pounce all over one of ours who we should give the benefit of the doubt to in a time of distress. I can see taking an adult coach to task, but I can't see using this board to so terribly berate a teenage girl. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Cut her some slack and remember how you felt when you played and when your high school career ended, if you actually played sports. My heart goes out to her, her teammates and to all their parents.

First of all that was a great game. Very exciting. I really thought Scott County's defense was suspect at times. But I believe a big reason for that was the ticky tack fouls that Holly Wilburn was called for. She is their best defender and athlete. I thought the biggest play in the game was the 3 point play that Novosel had when LexCath was down 1. It could have very easily been called a charge. That play was huge and a close call.

 

Scott County had 4 girls foul out

LexCath had none.

 

#4 from LexCath I thought played a great game. As for the behavior by the Scott Co girls, I didnt see it because I left quick to beat the traffic, but obviously they should have behaved themselves better, but they are kidsthough and kids make mistakes.

 

I hope you aren't talking about the play that was on the news for everyone to watch. That girl was falling down before Novosel even got to her.

How old is Rebecca Gray, My guess is 18. I just dont wont to be represented by that type of behavior.

 

Will this influence not only Miss Basketball votes but her selection to the Kentucky team at all?

My gosh I guess we are all perfect!! This board should not be used to be mean-spirited to a teenager and to personally harm her and influence how others think and may vote. Have people cut down the language used by a guy like OJ or many of his antics on the court over the years and said he should not be Ohio Mr. Basketball and so forth and so on? Let's be fair here and not pounce all over one of ours who we should give the benefit of the doubt to in a time of distress. I can see taking an adult coach to task, but I can't see using this board to so terribly berate a teenage girl. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Cut her some slack and remember how you felt when you played and when your high school career ended, if you actually played sports. My heart goes out to her, her teammates and to all their parents.

 

Do you mean West Virginia Mr. Basketball?

My gosh I guess we are all perfect!! This board should not be used to be mean-spirited to a teenager and to personally harm her and influence how others think and may vote. Have people cut down the language used by a guy like OJ or many of his antics on the court over the years and said he should not be Ohio Mr. Basketball and so forth and so on? Let's be fair here and not pounce all over one of ours who we should give the benefit of the doubt to in a time of distress. I can see taking an adult coach to task, but I can't see using this board to so terribly berate a teenage girl. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Cut her some slack and remember how you felt when you played and when your high school career ended, if you actually played sports. My heart goes out to her, her teammates and to all their parents.

 

I disagree. There is no place in High School Sports for this kind of behavior. The parents and administrators who permit such behavior are the root cause of what is wrong with high school sports today. Even Terrell Owens is better behaved than that. :thumb:

OJ Mayo plays in Ohio

 

Unless their has been a very recent change of address OJ plays for Huntington High School in West Virginia.

 

Sounds like this was a really good game to watch. I am also suprised to see the difference in free-throws but a guess a few of the 42 came in the closing minute. On the topic of Gray, I believe a kid of any age should be held accountable for their actions. This doesn't just make her look bad but it reflects on the entire program.

Unless their has been a very recent change of address OJ plays for Huntington High School in West Virginia.

 

On the topic of Gray, I believe a kid of any age should be held accountable for their actions. This doesn't just make her look bad but it reflects on the entire program.

 

 

:thumb:

My gosh I guess we are all perfect!! This board should not be used to be mean-spirited to a teenager and to personally harm her and influence how others think and may vote. Have people cut down the language used by a guy like OJ or many of his antics on the court over the years and said he should not be Ohio Mr. Basketball and so forth and so on? Let's be fair here and not pounce all over one of ours who we should give the benefit of the doubt to in a time of distress. I can see taking an adult coach to task, but I can't see using this board to so terribly berate a teenage girl. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Cut her some slack and remember how you felt when you played and when your high school career ended, if you actually played sports. My heart goes out to her, her teammates and to all their parents.

You must be a Scott County fan.

Great Game! Good Luck to the Knights and Congrats to Scott County on a Great Season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.