AAU Basketball

Our AAU team may be looking for a player or two. The player needs to have a 1992 birthday to be eligible for our team. I can't promise anything, but if you (or anyone else reading this post) would like to learn more about our team you can call me at 859-760-9398.

Our AAU team may be looking for a player or two. The player needs to have a 1992 birthday to be eligible for our team. I can't promise anything, but if you (or anyone else reading this post) would like to learn more about our team you can call me at 859-760-9398.

Thanks for the information, CC24. However, her birth year is not in 1992. She is a little older than that.

AAU is a great experience. It gives kids the chance to play against much better talent on a regular basis rather than just the occassional regular season game when a team may have one or two superstars, at best. AAU takes as much, or maybe more commitment from the parents as the player. Be prepared to give up your weekends all summer, save your family vacation for travel dates, and keep your checkbook open. The AAU website is a great place to start. If you live in a more rural area, you may want to check out teams in the larger cities like LEX, L'VILLE, or CINCY. Even Huntington, WV has some good programs if you are in the eastern part of the state. Don't jump on the first team you talk to. Talk to the coach, other parents, and even go to a few practices before you commit to anyone. Your extra effort will reap the results you are looking for in the investment you are about to make. Good luck.

Ballermom, my daughter has played many seasons of AAU ball in the Cincy area now & it is a great experience! If your daughter wants to raise the bar on her level of play, than a good AAU program is a great way to do so! Go for it!

Unfortunately, my daughter's team disbanded & she is now looking for a new team. Because of KHSAA rules, she misses opportunities in the Cincy area for tryouts etc. She is a sophomore this year with a Sep 1991 birthday, which is young for a sophomore. In addition she also now has 3 years of Varsity high school (Grant Co) experience as she moved up as an 8th grader & was a starter this year at guard. If anyone out there is looking for a player let me know!

John Coffee and Steve Douglas are DLH most notible coaches, IMO

They are also great coaches and my daughter has played for Steve who was the coach who coached the team on the weekly Disney Channe TV series a few years ago. John Coffey my have the record for AAU National Championships and players love to play for him. Jerry Rex has coached National Championship teams also. Jerry's speciallty is that he can challenge and take a girl's game to the next level. He plays everyone but still wins the big games.