Kevin Harvick wins Daytona 500

Royal Uncle

They're not gonna flag a race on the last 1/2 mile for a wreck behind the leaders and I'm glad because it would have changed the ending of the race. I was pulling for Martin, but Harvick made a heck of a move and deserved the win.

I agree. They should not have thrown the yellow...that is only done for safety purposes putting the yellow out at that time would not have changed anything, except who won the race. In my heart of hearts, I did want Martin to win (after Jr was taken out!).

I, too, only had one driver (Burton) finish in the top 10...and I had a lot of mighty strong picks!

I agree. They should not have thrown the yellow...that is only done for safety purposes putting the yellow out at that time would not have changed anything, except who won the race. In my heart of hearts, I did want Martin to win (after Jr was taken out!).

I, too, only had one driver (Burton) finish in the top 10...and I had a lot of mighty strong picks!

Not sure if all the wrecks at the end would have occurred if they hadn't thrown up the yellow flag earlier. As Waltrip pointed out, they (entire field) were racing to the finish line through the wreck and even after the race was over.

Right there with you True blue!

It was funny that since I don't have a favorite on the circuit, I just decided to pull for whomever was driving the #7 car. Turned out to be Clint Bowyer, a second year driver.

He managed to avoid all the big crashes and his car was in near perfect condition. Til that last lap when he flips and crosses the finishes line upside down on fire. lol

I guess it's good he made it through the crash AND finished the race. Just amazing. I know how to pick em. : )