Skip to content

Is this Rock Bottom for St. X (no pun intended)?

Featured Replies

Three consecutive blowout losses. This one to a 4A team. I am projecting Manual will get them in their District matchup which would then require the Tigers to face Trinity in Round 2 of the playoffs for a 4th consecutive whipping from the Shamrocks. Is this Rock Bottom? No need to ask Mike Glaser. He is happy the last 13 years were the problem.

Yes!! They look Terrible. I don't see no studs on this year's team. They are very undisciplined and not well coached.

When St. X senior class were freshman they went 2-7 but was hoping would improve but seemed to have regressed. I knew this would be a tough year but didn't think it would be this bad. I advocated for Coach Wolfe to be hired but I wasn't on hiring committee.

  • Author
36 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

When St. X senior class were freshman they went 2-7 but was hoping would improve but seemed to have regressed. I knew this would be a tough year but didn't think it would be this bad. I advocated for Coach Wolfe to be hired but I wasn't on hiring committee.

A program like the one that X claims to have should never be defined by only one class. If the senior class is not a strong class there should be enough in the sophomore and junior classes where they are not THIS BAD.

I was shocked how bad the crowd was. Whenever the music cut off it was silent.

Tough to say. I would say it's rock bottom in that I doubt it gets worse from here. Let's not forget in Jay Cobb's first season as Trinity head coach he started 0-5, albeit against a better schedule. He wasn't left with much talent after Trinity had just graduated one of its all-time classes and a whopping 1 returning starter. X is in a similar situation after graduating 3 studs from last year. I think when Landis gets his guys and gets settled they will be back to competing at the top of 6A. I hope this is the case as the Trinity-St. Xavier rivalry is a big part of what makes being a student and alumni at either school so special. It also is one of the Crown Jewels of the Kentucky high school football experience. That being said, even with this monstrous class from Trinity graduating I don't see them letting the rest of 6A breathe anywhere in the near future.

Transfers Between High Schools Policy

BGP does not permit general discussion or commentary regarding transfers of student-athletes between high schools.

The use of the terms “transfer portal” or “portal” to describe high school student-athletes is prohibited in all high school forums.

The only transfer-related information permitted on BGP is basic factual information confirming that a student-athlete has transferred from one high school to another. Such information may include the student-athlete’s name, sport/position, former school, and new school.

Other than the basic fact of the transfer itself, no discussion, commentary, analysis, speculation, opinion, comparison, explanation, or reference to transfers is permitted.

This prohibition includes, but is not limited to:

  • Discussion of why a student-athlete transferred or may have transferred.

  • Discussion of the effect of transfers on a school, team, program, coach, or community.

  • Comments suggesting that transfers are the reason a team or program is successful or unsuccessful.

  • Comments suggesting that a team, school, or program has benefited from, been harmed by, gained from, or lost because of transfers.

  • General statements or opinions about transfers, transfer activity, or the impact of transfers on high school sports.

  • Comparisons between schools, teams, or programs based on transfers or transfer activity.

  • Comments using transfers to support, explain, criticize, or otherwise make a point about a school, team, program, coach, player, or high school sports generally.

  • Any speculation, inference, or commentary regarding the circumstances or reasons for a transfer.

  • Any discussion, suggestion, or implication of recruiting, inducement, eligibility issues, or rule violations in connection with a transfer.

  • Attempts to indirectly discuss, question, interpret, or characterize a transfer or transfer activity.

A transfer may not be used as a subject, example, explanation, justification, comparison, argument, or supporting point in any discussion on BGP.

For purposes of this policy, the fact that a transfer has occurred does not make the transfer itself an acceptable topic for general discussion. The permitted exception is limited to reporting the basic factual information that the student-athlete transferred from School A to School B.

No discussion of rumored, possible, anticipated, or unconfirmed transfers is permitted. No additional discussion is permitted simply because a transfer has been officially completed or publicly confirmed.

This forum is not the venue for reporting or debating KHSAA violations. If you believe a violation has occurred, report it directly to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA).

No false, unverified, or misleading information may be posted.

56 minutes ago, ROCK23 said:

Tough to say. I would say it's rock bottom in that I doubt it gets worse from here. Let's not forget in Jay Cobb's first season as Trinity head coach he started 0-5, albeit against a better schedule. He wasn't left with much talent after Trinity had just graduated one of its all-time classes and a whopping 1 returning starter. X is in a similar situation after graduating 3 studs from last year. I think when Landis gets his guys and gets settled they will be back to competing at the top of 6A. I hope this is the case as the Trinity-St. Xavier rivalry is a big part of what makes being a student and alumni at either school so special. It also is one of the Crown Jewels of the Kentucky high school football experience. That being said, even with this monstrous class from Trinity graduating I don't see them letting the rest of 6A breathe anywhere in the near future.

I think it is fair to evaluate Landis after next year. It was going to be a rough year. I was not sure the Tigers would win any of the last 3 games, but I did think they would be more competitive in them.

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

When St. X senior class were freshman they went 2-7 but was hoping would improve but seemed to have regressed. I knew this would be a tough year but didn't think it would be this bad. I advocated for Coach Wolfe to be hired but I wasn't on hiring committee.

Landis is a disaster. He seemed good on conditioning up to spring ball. But the X's and O's are just not there. Looking at his resume I cannot figure out how he was hired. X's AD had a year to find a coach and flubbed it, badly. Landis hasn't been anywhere for more than 4 years in the last 15 years. He was 2-8 last year in Georgia. What screamed "this is our guy'?

The senior class has some talent and did improve. There are talented juniors and sophomores who have been playing. Six games in and there has been no improvement. The roster is certainly not one that is so low on talent that being out scored 117 to 13 in 3 games is conceivable. It's not one offensive touchdown in your 4 losses talent. The defense has out scored the offense in the 4 losses. It's not being subjected to multiple running clocks talent. There are kids with talent standing on the sideline. The 4th team quarterback is a 6'4' athlete and fast. No attempt to move him to receiver or DB. The best receiver who is a great athlete and whose Dad is an assistant coach quit after the Owensboro game. How does that happen? Landis focused the preseason press and offense on his kid who has never played a down at X. Just bizarre to happen at St X. Shoptaw was great at Hazard but struggling at X. Why? At camps last summer college coaches loved him. The offensive scheme is just a joke. It's more predictable and less complex than oatmeal. Three quarterbacks have struggled to make it work. It doesn't.

The constant penalties show a complete lack of team discipline and coaching.

It's just bad football and it's not acceptable.

And it's not the kid's fault

T has all the infinity stones. What can help X recover, when T is playing against national teams and clocking everyone. Kids want to be a part of winning, and there has been a ton of ground lost by X to T recently.

H has lost a lot to Manual, and it won't be back for years. I've never seen an H sideline look as young and small as I saw tonight. Louisville high school football has a new look for sure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.