Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ROCK23

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ROCK23

  1. Holy cow! Not sure I can think of a higher scoring game that I know of.
  2. The 5:00 pm tailgate is a disgrace. We'd go straight from school to the game since I was a child and they are some of my fondest memories. Some people wouldn't even go into the game. It felt larger than life.
  3. Missed listening to the whole first half, but in the postgame Cobb sounded pretty upset with the Rocks' performance. In any case, by my count Zane Johnson needs 5 to tie, 6 to break Brian Brohm's Trinity career passing TD record. Additionally, EBC is at 6 picks on the year, meaning he's 1 away from tying Anthony Wajda for what I believe is the Trinity single season record. By no means am I "stats' but that's what I have from a little side project that I keep tabs on.
  4. Bob Beatty called it the same thing.
  5. Trinity QB Zane Johnson is 9 Touchdown Passes away from tying Brian Brohm's Trinity career record. He has 110 currently with 10 of them coming this season so far.
  6. I've always wished that the teams would agree to have Trinity wear all green and St. X to wear all yellow for this game. I think it would give the game a real historic rivalry feel. Think UCLA/USC, Tennessee/Alabama, Lakers/Celtics when they play in LA. I think it was done once in 2009 but I wish it was a tradition.
  7. From what I heard when I was more in the loop a few years ago, (maybe 2023?) this was all but a done deal but fell through at the last minute. Soccer game during pride week was also going to be played there.
  8. Unfortunately I think the clock will be running either in or soon after the first half. First T-X game at UofL that I'm missing since I can even remember being alive but I don't think I'll be missing much this time. Seems X doesn't have a ton of speed which the Rocks have at every position. That difference will only be exacerbated by playing on college hash lines, which tend to favor speed. Wish this was streamed but I totally understand why it isn't. If you are in Kentucky and want to see this game, you should go. Unlike any other high school atmosphere in the country, especially when both teams are good.
  9. Unfortunate. Hope Male is back up as a program soon. There was a time not too long ago where this was the most fun game on the schedule.
  10. 30 minute weather delay
  11. Any word on when Sekou Kamara will be back?
  12. Every Trinity play/drive feels scripted with no situational awareness. No clue why they would go away from what was working.
  13. Pretty cool way to start
  14. Tush Push/Organized mass to get Zane into the endzone after getting bailed out on a roughing the kicker call on a Chris Kehdy FG attempt
  15. Ask and I shall receive. Great play call to fake that screen and catch the corner hesitating for the deep ball.
  16. Would like to see Trinity get it going in the quick passing game more. Took too many deep shots into coverage that first quarter.
  17. I just really don't understand the Centurions' scheduling philosophy this year. Certainly they had a way of roughly knowing how good they would be this year, and I can't imagine beating up on a schedule without a single remotely worthy opponent is making anyone better. I understand there is much speculation on why there isn't a game against teams like Trinity, but considering Kentucky 3A poses no threat and therefore RPI isn't as important for them this year I really don't grasp the stubbornness on playing out of state competition.
  18. This game has been circled on the schedule for a while for myself and many others. Prior to the season I didn't think Trinity had a great chance because Baylor seemed to be on another level and they have weapons all around, including a literal superhuman at running back. As the season has progressed and I've seen both teams play I believe Trinity is on the level of a top 10 team in the country and will make that statement Friday night. Everybody knows who Trinity needs to stop to win this game, and though it seems a Herculean task, I would pick Trinity as the team that could do it. My mind goes to a game played 10 years prior to my birth at Old Cardinal Stadium in 1994. In Dennis Lampley's final game as Trinity's head coach, they took on an equally Herculean task of trying to contain maybe the greatest player in the history of this state, Shaun Alexander. The Rocks held the future NFL MVP to under 100 yards en route to a victory, sending off the legendary coach who built Trinity into a national power into retirement with his fifth title. I'm not saying 2026 Baylor is 1994 Boone County, but it is fun to think about with the historical precedent of this Friday's game. I'm grateful that I get to see my alma mater make the most of this opportunity and win or lose it will always be Trinity Forever!
  19. What's brutal is I doubt the gap is that wide, and if Trinity wins those 2 very close, very winnable games (should have won and I am still salty), they would have been considered top 25 to start the season this year. So much is affected by preseason rankings which are affected by prior year's performance. I wouldn't be shocked if the players recognize that fact and feel the disrespect and end up taking it out on the Crusaders this Friday.
  20. Passing game had me really worried in the first half, but we are so lucky to have an elite run game to lean on, and an OL that seems to be exceeding expectations so far. Feeling great going into these next two in St. Matthews.
  21. I applaud your eagle eyes. Forgot to crop :)
  22. I want whatever the scoreboard operators are having.
  23. JB is one of my favorite Trinity players ever. Just a freight train who loves the contact. Grown man football since he was a freshman.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.