Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby bashers are more realistic...

Featured Replies

Darn that Tubby...He missed 20 of those 23 3 pointers UK put up against UF...Doesn't he know he can't shoot...

 

Darn that Tubby...Can't he guard anybody? He let Lofton roll off those picks so easily...

 

Darn that Tubby... He was only 2 of 8 from the foul stripe against UF...And someone told me he was the top FT shooter in the league...

 

Darn that Tubby...I don't know why he dribbles the ball off his hip and out of bounds so much...I always thought he was a good ball handler...

 

Darn that Tubby, Darn that Tubby, Darn that Tubby...He's got to go...;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's amazing isn't it?

  • Replies 122
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next year isn't here...You said recruiting was the problem. So that's why they lost last night?

 

You can ask billyray I argue with him alot when it comes to Tubby, but he is right about the recruiting. Recruiting is one of the things Tubby hasn't done that great of a job at as of late, he has been very inconsistent with it. This years senior and sophomore classes are not very good at all, and probably shouldn't be at UK. Yeah we got two very good classes in the freshman and junior classes, but kind of brings them down when you have NOBODY at all in the sophomore class, and the senior class has nobody that really should start on a top notch basketball program. That senior class I could see bringing in like a Perry and a project like Orbzut, but then you should also have 2 top notch guys with them coming in. You shouldn't have another project in Alleyne and another role player at best in Thomas coming in as well. Then the sophomore class we have another project in Carter, and the other guy already transferred. There should be atleast 3 more top notch basketball players on the team, and something like that makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Also before you say anything I also would like you to know that I am a Tubby supporter not basher, but recruiting definitely is a problem for the team we have right now if you would like to believe that or not...

You can ask billyray I argue with him alot when it comes to Tubby, but he is right about the recruiting. Recruiting is one of the things Tubby hasn't done that great of a job at as of late, he has been very inconsistent with it. This years senior and sophomore classes are not very good at all, and probably shouldn't be at UK. Yeah we got two very good classes in the freshman and junior classes, but kind of brings them down when you have NOBODY at all in the sophomore class, and the senior class has nobody that really should start on a top notch basketball program. That senior class I could see bringing in like a Perry and a project like Orbzut, but then you should also have 2 top notch guys with them coming in. You shouldn't have another project in Alleyne and another role player at best in Thomas coming in as well. Then the sophomore class we have another project in Carter, and the other guy already transferred. There should be atleast 3 more top notch basketball players on the team, and something like that makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Also before you say anything I also would like you to know that I am a Tubby supporter not basher, but recruiting definitely is a problem for the team we have right now if you would like to believe that or not...

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Senior class doesn't suprise me so much. Kinda sad, but in todays college BB if your a Sr., and are really good, you are a select few. In fact, in one of the NBA prospect raitings, there are only about 10 SR's listed out of 100. I still believe the recruiting class a few years back, set the program back, and also changed the way Tubby recruits. Not sure exactley the year...but that class with Parker, Carruth, and a couple others didn't pan out to well. I guess what I'm saying is, I believe Tubby doesn't want anyone who may have character issues for one. Nor do I think he wants to bring in a one and done player who only once to showcase himself.

 

Here is that list of the 100 NBA prospects. Alondo Tucker from Wisconsin is 36th on the list.

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/rank?draftyear=2007

The Senior class doesn't suprise me so much. Kinda sad, but in todays college BB if your a Sr., and are really good, you are a select few. In fact, in one of the NBA prospect raitings, there are only about 10 SR's listed out of 100. I still believe the recruiting class a few years back, set the program back, and also changed the way Tubby recruits. Not sure exactley the year...but that class with Parker, Carruth, and a couple others didn't pan out to well. I guess what I'm saying is, I believe Tubby doesn't want anyone who may have character issues for one. Nor do I think he wants to bring in a one and done player who only once to showcase himself.

 

Here is that list of the 100 NBA prospects. Alondo Tucker from Wisconsin is 36th on the list.

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/rank?draftyear=2007

 

 

Your point to all of this is? Yeah some of those guys didn't pan out to well, but you still can get top ranked players who aren't punks. You dont have to get 4 guys in a class where the best player is a role player at best. Do you see any other top team in the country who brings in 4 players who at best wont do anything for a couple of years. We had 2 projects in that class, and two role players at best. Yeah I know coaches take chances on projects but they usually have a big time player to go with that project in that class. We however got two projects, and two guys in Perry and Thomas who shouldn't be starting at UK. Who if anything should be coming off the bench. That class right there is really hurting UK. Then throw in the fact we have NO SOPHOMORE class. We have another project in Carter, and the other guy left and well he wasn't that good anyways. So you can twist it anyway you want, but recruiting right now has been a problem for Tubby. As I said at best we should have probably atleast 2 more big time players on this team. If we have that, then this team is probably a top 5 team right now....Now I think this years team is going to so some special things in the NCAA tournament, but it could be EVEN better if it wasn't for two horrible recruiting classes on the team right now...

I gave an opinion, that was the point. Read the post a little better. Not once did I say the Sr. class or Sophomore class was good.

You can ask billyray I argue with him alot when it comes to Tubby, but he is right about the recruiting. Recruiting is one of the things Tubby hasn't done that great of a job at as of late, he has been very inconsistent with it.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree with this also. I have said numerous times that I question the recruiting end of it but certainly not the X's and O's end. Tubbby is one of the best coaches/ in game bench coaches in the country and I woud have to question anyone that doesn't think so on their knowledge of the game, JMO. A lot of the recruiting failures imo fall on Rigot and Hansen. I believe that this years freshman class is VERY good and things on the recruiting front are going in the right direction. A couple of recruits that imo destroyed the team and all concept of "Team" were Rondo and Carruth. Obviously great talent and I can certainly see where and why he took him but he ended up setting the "Team" concept back. JMO

Darn that Tubby...He missed 20 of those 23 3 pointers UK put up against UF...Doesn't he know he can't shoot...

 

Darn that Tubby...Can't he guard anybody? He let Lofton roll off those picks so easily...

 

Darn that Tubby... He was only 2 of 8 from the foul stripe against UF...And someone told me he was the top FT shooter in the league...

 

Darn that Tubby...I don't know why he dribbles the ball off his hip and out of bounds so much...I always thought he was a good ball handler...

 

Darn that Tubby, Darn that Tubby, Darn that Tubby...He's got to go...;)

 

So Tubby's players can't shoot 3's, shoot FTs, play D, or hold on to the ball.

 

So can he not coach or can he not recruit??????

Ther was a day and a time when watching UK lose in basketball would give me a warm fuzzy that could pick me up for a good week or two. Those days are behind us now.

 

I watched all of the UK Tenn game and felt dissappointed. There was no joy, there was no happiness. There was no Kentucky team that needed to get knocked down a few notches. There was a blandness to that loss that made me realize Tubby is cheating me by letting the program slip into normality.

 

I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I just know it isn't the same. It is no longer a proud or feared program, still a good one, but only a good one.

Ther was a day and a time when watching UK lose in basketball would give me a warm fuzzy that could pick me up for a good week or two. Those days are behind us now.

 

I watched all of the UK Tenn game and felt dissappointed. There was no joy, there was no happiness. There was no Kentucky team that needed to get knocked down a few notches. There was a blandness to that loss that made me realize Tubby is cheating me by letting the program slip into normality.

 

I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I just know it isn't the same. It is no longer a proud or feared program, still a good one, but only a good one.

 

 

And this is where people need to realize that the landscape of college sports, but especially college basketball has changed. More programs have raised thier levels to where UK, Duke, UNC, are. In the grand scheme of things, the period of time that Tubby Smith has been the coach has been no different from the decades of the 60's, 70's, or 80's. No three year period with two championships. UK has 7 championships and four of them came in a four year period and a three year period. UK has always been a dominant SEC team, and overall during the last 10 years still is. A Tubby Smith UK team has the best EVER SEC record (19-0, counting the tournament). If people don't FEEL that this UK team is as strong, or feared based on feeling, then that's their opinion, but the rest of the country would love to have this as a down time. UK has more victories over the past few years than all other programs other than Duke or Illinois. Seems pretty consitent to me. UK has not dissapeared like UCLA did for a while. It is harder to have the dominant program(some will argue that UK has never been as dominant as some say). Ohio State, Wisconsin, Butler, Texas A&M are all examples of the changing nature of college hoops, but see who is consitent for the next 5 years. UK will be up or near the top, and I am willing to bet that most of those teams are not.

And this is where people need to realize that the landscape of college sports, but especially college basketball has changed. More programs have raised thier levels to where UK, Duke, UNC, are. In the grand scheme of things, the period of time that Tubby Smith has been the coach has been no different from the decades of the 60's, 70's, or 80's. No three year period with two championships. UK has 7 championships and four of them came in a four year period and a three year period. UK has always been a dominant SEC team, and overall during the last 10 years still is. A Tubby Smith UK team has the best EVER SEC record (19-0, counting the tournament). If people don't FEEL that this UK team is as strong, or feared based on feeling, then that's their opinion, but the rest of the country would love to have this as a down time. UK has more victories over the past few years than all other programs other than Duke or Illinois. Seems pretty consitent to me. UK has not dissapeared like UCLA did for a while. It is harder to have the dominant program(some will argue that UK has never been as dominant as some say). Ohio State, Wisconsin, Butler, Texas A&M are all examples of the changing nature of college hoops, but see who is consitent for the next 5 years. UK will be up or near the top, and I am willing to bet that most of those teams are not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great Post!!:ylsuper:

Darn that Tubby...He missed 20 of those 23 3 pointers UK put up against UF...Doesn't he know he can't shoot...

 

Darn that Tubby...Can't he guard anybody? He let Lofton roll off those picks so easily...

 

Darn that Tubby... He was only 2 of 8 from the foul stripe against UF...And someone told me he was the top FT shooter in the league...

 

Darn that Tubby...I don't know why he dribbles the ball off his hip and out of bounds so much...I always thought he was a good ball handler...

 

Darn that Tubby, Darn that Tubby, Darn that Tubby...He's got to go...;)

Getting the best out of players is part of coaching. And that sure is not happening at Kentucky these days.

Getting the best out of players is part of coaching. And that sure is not happening at Kentucky these days.

Duke has some of the best players in the nation and I don't hear anything bad about the coaching.:creepy:

And this is where people need to realize that the landscape of college sports, but especially college basketball has changed. More programs have raised thier levels to where UK, Duke, UNC, are. In the grand scheme of things, the period of time that Tubby Smith has been the coach has been no different from the decades of the 60's, 70's, or 80's. No three year period with two championships. UK has 7 championships and four of them came in a four year period and a three year period. UK has always been a dominant SEC team, and overall during the last 10 years still is. A Tubby Smith UK team has the best EVER SEC record (19-0, counting the tournament). If people don't FEEL that this UK team is as strong, or feared based on feeling, then that's their opinion, but the rest of the country would love to have this as a down time. UK has more victories over the past few years than all other programs other than Duke or Illinois. Seems pretty consitent to me. UK has not dissapeared like UCLA did for a while. It is harder to have the dominant program(some will argue that UK has never been as dominant as some say). Ohio State, Wisconsin, Butler, Texas A&M are all examples of the changing nature of college hoops, but see who is consitent for the next 5 years. UK will be up or near the top, and I am willing to bet that most of those teams are not.

:thumb:

I predicted wins over UF and UT and I am predicting a win over Alabama on Saturday and one over LSU Tuesday night. I am standing up and being held accountable for supporting Tubby Smith and the CATS and have NO PROBLEM at all saying it!

 

For the record, I DO NOT predict wins just b/c Tubby Smith is the coach and I support him and like him. I look at the games, the match-ups, the scenarios that could play out, the %'s, etc. and I felt UK would win their last two games and I feel very confident that they will win the next two games.

 

The thing to remember is w/the right bounce of the ball and a small piece of luck this team beats UCLA, Vandy, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. We are that one small thing away from being really good and being more consistent. We just cannot seem to get it when we need it, but I strongly feel we are really knocking on the door!!!!

I love your post, in 100% totally agreement on this brother.:thumb: :thumb:

^^It's recruiting that is the problem, not Tubby's coaching. Good points made on another thread.

 

Its been days. We all still want to know - who are the ELITE?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.