Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby bashers are more realistic...

Featured Replies

Ky fans want (and should want) to be in the top ten and get a 1 or 2 seed 7 out of 10 years. That would keep them happy. Isn't that what you want for UC?

I'm not a UC fan.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a UC fan.

 

 

I thought it said Gametime, not HammerTime.....Either way it's the Time family!!

I thought it said Gametime, not HammerTime.....Either way it's the Time family!!

:p :thumb:

  • Author
Okay, that is what I was hoping for. "Not tolerating slippage..." could be taken a lot of ways.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
So if UK beats Alabama Sat night, will you come on here and admit that you were wrong?

 

If I pick Alabama I will. Haven't thought about that game yet.

I know I predicted a win over UT, but not over UF. The thing is, watching UK our recruiting has come up 1 good, tough, athletic powerforward short of really being a great basketball team right now. What you have to understand is that we have 4 conference losses. Several other really good teams have 3 or 4 conference losses as well. Look at UNC.

The Im seeing with a lot of the fans, and its probably this way everywhere, is people get way to excited about a lot of our wins and when we lose the bashers take the sky-is-falling mentality.

Hey we are definitly much better than last year. If we were that bad then we would have problems.

Please let the answer be yes. Please let the answer be yes. Please let the answer be yes. Please let the answer be yes.:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumb: :thumb: :ylsuper:

No, it just means I won't like it. It means I won't lower my expectations. It means I won't call a loss good. It means I won't look for moral victories. It means I won't tell someone to find another team when they point out that our program has fallen.

All great points.

Please let the answer be yes. Please let the answer be yes. Please let the answer be yes. Please let the answer be yes.:D

 

UK has enjoyed one of the largest fan bases because of their commitment to excellence. Now if you aren't ready to accept mediocrity you are asked to move on to another team. This is really some "Fall of the Roman Empire" type of stuff.

So Billyrayjoebob you are claiming to know what UK will do in each of their games? Please let me cash in on this.

UK has enjoyed one of the largest fan bases because of their commitment to excellence. Now if you aren't ready to accept mediocrity you are asked to move on to another team. This is really some "Fall of the Roman Empire" type of stuff.

There's certainly a line between accepting some losing and being rational. If someone thought UK could continue the success Pitino had, that is being irrational. However, at some point you have to be fed up with the "slippage" and nobody knows exactly where that line is.

Well Billy... in 30 seconds I've found that you picked Arkansas to beat Kentucky... thanks for being realistic in that game. Should I continue the search and keep pointing out how pointless this thread is?

UK has enjoyed one of the largest fan bases because of their commitment to excellence. Now if you aren't ready to accept mediocrity you are asked to move on to another team. This is really some "Fall of the Roman Empire" type of stuff.

Absolutely not. It is realistic; where contrary to the thread of this title the Tubby Bashers are the unrealists.

 

Let's say KY had experienced the years that another university has experienced.

 

Let's say that the recruiting classes are field with McD's All-Americans and consistently top 5 classes.

 

Let's say we have lived in the top spot or at least the top 5 for much of the past 6 years.

 

Let's say during that time we have not won the national championship. Even though we have had arguably the best team in years and won the MOST games of all teams during the last 6 years. Teams that now see the players littered through the NBA.

 

Let's say despite year-in and year-out you were one of the favorites to win the title but could only manage 3 Sweet 16 appearances and 1 Final Four appearances.

 

The TBer's would be calling for Tubby's head because he can't win the big game. They would hold the position that his style of play is not conducive to doing well in the tournament.

 

He has all this talent but falls in the tournament when it counts. He is not a tournament coach.

 

That would be the position of most of the TBer's.

 

The realism is that no matter what Tubby does besides win national titles every 3rd year, the TBer's will not be happy. That is the unrealistic expectations from the TBer's.

 

If you have not figured it out, the team I am talking about is Duke, and it sure seems UK has had more or equal success in the NCAA tournament from the 2001-02 season to present than Duke has had.

There's certainly a line between accepting some losing and being rational. If someone thought UK could continue the success Pitino had, that is being irrational. However, at some point you have to be fed up with the "slippage" and nobody knows exactly where that line is.

Great, great point. Even the legendary Adolph Rupp could not do that. I guess he was a failure also.:rolleyes:

  • Author
Well Billy... in 30 seconds I've found that you picked Arkansas to beat Kentucky... thanks for being realistic in that game. Should I continue the search and keep pointing out how pointless this thread is?

 

Most of the pointless posts in the thread are yours.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.