Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby bashers are more realistic...

Featured Replies

Most of the pointless posts in the thread are yours.

 

:lol: :lol:

 

Solid.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Great, great point. Even the legendary Adolph Rupp could not do that. I guess he was a failure also.:rolleyes:

 

Who in the world is saying Tubby needs to be as good as Pitino or Rupp??? If he only had half the success, he wouldn't be a failure. Look at the Loss-O-Meter thread. Three-fourths of the people predicted at least 10 losses...

Who in the world is saying Tubby needs to be as good as Pitino or Rupp??? If he only had half the success, he wouldn't be a failure. Look at the Loss-O-Meter thread. Three-fourths of the people predicted at least 10 losses...

You guys are the ones doing that.

 

And he has had the same number of national titles than Rick.

 

And he has had more wins over the last 5-6 years than only two other collegiate teams.

 

He did something, I don't believe Rupp ever did, go undefeated in the SEC.

 

People also predicted that Crawford, Bradley and Morris were McD's All-Americans that would turn this program around.

 

That being said, I do think the pressure on Tubby is mounting to the point, he does need to make a run to the Final Four and/or a national championship game in the next 3-4 years.

Who in the world is saying Tubby needs to be as good as Pitino or Rupp??? If he only had half the success, he wouldn't be a failure. Look at the Loss-O-Meter thread. Three-fourths of the people predicted at least 10 losses...

:lol: :lol: You are good.

  • Author
Really and how many are they at now?? Don't act like you have something special until they are at 10.

 

OK...I'll get back to ya.;)

OK...I'll get back to ya.;)

The 10th loss doesn't count if it comes in the Tourney.

  • Author
The 10th loss doesn't count if it comes in the Tourney.

 

You wish...

The 10th loss doesn't count if it comes in the Tourney.

Another ten-loss season will be complained about even if the 10th loss comes in the national championship game.:sssh:

  • Author
Another ten-loss season will be complained about even if the 10th loss comes in the national championship game.:sssh:

 

Yeah right.:rolleyes: Too bad we'll never find out just how ridiculous that statement is...

There's certainly a line between accepting some losing and being rational. If someone thought UK could continue the success Pitino had, that is being irrational. However, at some point you have to be fed up with the "slippage" and nobody knows exactly where that line is.

 

 

Some have got to that "slippage line" that you speak of. And the ones that have, we get crucified for it... But I agree with you, where is that line at? Some UK fans will never get there, some already are there, and others are just giving it a few more games. Continue the success that Rick had, is irrational, however who would have ever thought 10 years ago, we would be discussing UK having ANOTHER 10 loss season, and talking about UK maybe not getting in the tournament. (I DO beileve they will get in) But its not a definate at this point...

BRB, I think you are missing a point. To assume, that I am not disappointed is to assume wrong. I am disappointed.

 

Everyone wanted a top recruiting class and got it with the junior class. And they have been a huge disappointment. From Rondo's selfishness to Crawford's disappearing to Morris' thinking more of his ability than it was to Bradley's inability to step up his game at point guard. Add in Perry not performing 1/4 to the level he did in the tournament.

 

I was disappointed when he recruited what seemed to be a great talent in Carruth that turned out to be a great talent with a huge attitude problem.

 

Yes, I was disappointed in the loss to Michigan State as I was in the loss to Arizona a few years earlier. One was in the national championship game, one was in the Elite 8 but to me equally were disappointing. They had a chance to win and didn't.

 

And, I was disappointed in the loss to Marquette but seeing what DWade is doing now, I understand it.

 

To me, great coaches have great defensive teams and good offensive teams. Do I like Tubby's offensive game plan? No, too much dribbling. But as I have mentioned in another thread on my thoughts about this team, I think he is playing to this teams' strengths.

 

They are a horrible passing team. Can a coach make them a better passing team? Yes and no. You have to understand the concept of the game of basketball to be a good passing team. There were several incidents of someone being open in the lane last night where the pass was never made, made late, or too soft and a basket didn't result from a UK player open in the lane.

 

I think this is a team that is not very intelligent in understanding the game of basketball. And I had an administrator once who said, you can't make chicken salad from chicken poop.

 

The poor senior class has hurt KY for the past few seasons. But I think Tubby saw them as more of a role players in between strong classes rather than stars. And the class before and after did not live up to their advertised recruiting label. Azubuke left early and left a scoring void. Morris basically slept-walked through his freshmen year while Crawford moped till he tried to leave. It seems from rumors and innuendo that Sparks and Rondo were bigger problems for the team than they were help.

 

Disappointment, yes and definitely. But as I look at the coaches that are out there, I see none that don't come with their own baggage or have had their share of issues. Billy D is on top right now. But he is with a recruiting class that would have UK fans up in arms that they are not to the level UK expects until they would have seen the results 3 years later down the line.

 

A few years back, Billy D even said he wanted to model his program more like Tubby and less like he had been doing. He does that and look at the results. He stayed away from the McD recruits that leave or try and leave after just months and instead recruits the players that are going to stay awhile and he wins a national championship.

 

I think the key thing is between us who you say have our head stuck in the sand and those who are TBer's, is that we don't hold to the mistaken notion that UK has a pick and choose among who they want. I don't believe any has that anymore in today's collegiate world.

 

Today's athletes are too worried about immediate PT and looking good on national tv to worry about the name on the front of the jersey. If you think that school's can pick and choose, why is Durants or Oden not at Duke?????

Did Coach K not think they could play? Or maybe even Duke gets said no to.

 

UK has not been a name that people fawn over since Rupp was the only game in town. We saw in the 80's the recruiting came in Fed Ex/Emory packages. And Bobby Knight has alluded that was happening under Hall's watch also.

 

So why was it different for Pitino. He played a style of ball that others did not and they wanted to play that style. Now, most play that style. Couldn't have been Pitino or UL would be filled with the Durants and the Wrights. And they are not.

Some have got to that "slippage line" that you speak of. And the ones that have, we get crucified for it... But I agree with you, where is that line at? Some UK fans will never get there, some already are there, and others are just giving it a few more games. Continue the success that Rick had, is irrational, however who would have ever thought 10 years ago, we would be discussing UK having ANOTHER 10 loss season, and talking about UK maybe not getting in the tournament. (I DO beileve they will get in) But its not a definate at this point...

The ones who get crucified for it are the ones who talk about it in every single post of every single thread every single day. It's just annoying.

 

10 loss seasons are not the end of the world, when did that become a measuring stick? UK could play an easy OOC schedule like some teams and have less than 10 losses every year. I'd rather us go up against stiff competition every year before SEC play, maybe thats just me.

The ones who get crucified for it are the ones who talk about it in every single post of every single thread every single day. It's just annoying.

 

10 loss seasons are not the end of the world, when did that become a measuring stick? UK could play an easy OOC schedule like some teams and have less than 10 losses every year. I'd rather us go up against stiff competition every year before SEC play, maybe thats just me.

 

 

There are alot of measures, and I think that 10 loss seasons can be put in there. Along with NO final fours since 1998. Then there are other measures, Tubby has a great winning percentage, has dominated SEC play, excluding this year. UK definately plays a tough OOC schedule, but they also play their fair share of "cupcakes" like every team does. Which brings me to another measure, of this years team. NO wins over top 25 teams. They have played the top teams tough but that doesnt mean anything, I dont beileve in Moral victories whatsoever, because after those loses Im sure the team and Tubby were just as mad that they lost by 4 then if they would have lost by 25 pts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.