Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 85 Texas 80

Texas vs. Kentucky 14 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Texas
      0%
      0
    • Kentucky
      100%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Kam Williams broke his foot vs. Texas. He will be out for  a while.

Feels like every time something good happens for Kentucky there’s a little gut punch to go with it. 

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    What a fantastic win, grinded it out…. How about Chandler!?!?! Played huge Moreno played huge Well balanced and a lot of fun to watch GO CATS!!!

  • I would like to see UK make a statement tonight, basically dominate the game from start to finish.

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    A hard-fought win for the Cats especially after losing Williams early in the game. It was nice to see the Cats complete for the whole game and the most they trailed by in this one was 3. Next up at ho

Coach Pope, please take into consideration not subbing for Moreno or anyone else 3 minutes into the game!! Moreno got off to a great start last night with a dunk, a block, and moving up and down the floor well, here comes Garrison for Moreno!! Why? He is just now getting loose and playing well, over halfway through the season nobody needs a blow that early, don’t over coach and out think yourself please!

There were still some error filled spurts, but overall that was the most consistent I have seen UK be through an entire game this year. I am seeing progress. I think Pope is getting into a good rhythm with the roster. He is plugging players in at times when their strength best benefits the team.

Jelvic is playing very well. I can see his minutes growing. He led the team in rebounds last night, along with Chandler.

Dioubate is being used as a second half game changer. I like how Pope is using him. He brings strength, defense and rebounding. He makes plays at crunch time. He is an offensive liability and foul prone so you have to pick the right time to get him his minutes.

Aberdeen is developing very nicely at PG. 

Edited by Voice of Reason

Too many substitutions will end up hurting this team, the group that starts the game needs more time to get loose and play together, it’s that time of the season.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Jelvic is playing very well. I can see his minutes growing. He led the team in rebounds last night, along with Chandler.

Dioubate is being used as a second half game changer. I like how Pope is using him. He brings strength, defense and rebounding. He makes plays at crunch time. He is an offensive liability and foul prone so you have to pick the right time to get him his minutes.

Aberdeen is developing very nicely at PG. 

  • The length of the court drive and finish by Jelavic early was something we've not seen him do. He's finding himself a bit and with Williams out, may be required to shoot and score more.
  • I'm with you on how Pope is using Dioubate. He still drives me crazy, but he seems to better understand his role. Just stop the unnecessary fouls!
  • I think Aberdeen has played better since Lowe was ruled out for the year. The job is Aberdeen's, good or bad, and maybe he's been more comfortable without someone potentially there to take his minutes.
On 1/22/2026 at 7:45 AM, nikeman49 said:

Coach Pope, please take into consideration not subbing for Moreno or anyone else 3 minutes into the game!! Moreno got off to a great start last night with a dunk, a block, and moving up and down the floor well, here comes Garrison for Moreno!! Why? He is just now getting loose and playing well, over halfway through the season nobody needs a blow that early, don’t over coach and out think yourself please!

I agree with this, but I doubt he changes...I feel like he did the same thing with Williams last year.

I think he has to look at playing Jelavich and Mo together.  Mo and Garrison in the game together totally stalls the offense out...I would like to think Jelavic could play the high post passing big man like Moreno is currently doing a great job of...

I don't watch college basketball outside of UK...but Moreno has to be one of the most improved players from start of season to now in college basketball.  His feel for the game and IQ are really impressive.

  • Author

I hope the Cats can carry over from this game into tomorrow's game.

23 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Too many substitutions will end up hurting this team, the group that starts the game needs more time to get loose and play together, it’s that time of the season.

I was about ready to come in here and say something similar. I'm conditioned from watching more NBA and having structured substitution patterns, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why UK's starting five are mostly (if not all) seeing a break from action by the 16-minute mark of the first half.

By hook or crook, we got us a winning streak with a chance to wrack up some more dubs entering the mid-point of the conference slate. I still do not know that UK is all that good, but the conference strength (or lack of) is working in the Cats' favor.

21 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:
  • I think Aberdeen has played better since Lowe was ruled out for the year. The job is Aberdeen's, good or bad, and maybe he's been more comfortable without someone potentially there to take his minutes.

The Ewing Theory committee has been dispatched to study Kentucky without Lowe!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.