Kentucky 95 South Carolina 89

DragonFire

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK was up 24 points with 14 minutes to go and then went to sleep.

Give USC credit, they hung tough.

Tre Kelley is a solid little point guard and has been the lone bright spot for USC this year.

UK did a terrible job of containing him all night. He is a crafty little fellow with the ball and kept allowing him to dribble left and right. He started nailing some shots, many of them contested.

Offensively, UK was not as crisp moving the ball and started settling for jumpshots.

USC made a run then UK bumped the lead back out to 16 and had in hand again, then Obrzut allows a layup and throw it away 2 straight times in 5 seconds, and the lead is back to ten.

USC went 9-18 from behind the 3 point line in the second half.

Id almost rather have this type of ending then having the players all fat with a 20 point blowout heading into Saturday.

Saturday isnt looking good for the Cats...

And why is that exactly? The second half defensively was terrible, but we also know that is something that is usually not a problem for UK, and most likely wont happen again. I know I liked seeing how well the offense played tonight, because to beat UF were going to have to score points, because UF definitely is going to score their fair share...

Good win tonight by the Cats, and well I am going to make a point again on what I been saying and arguing with people about. Did you all notice who was running the point when the SC cut it to 12 the first time. Yes it was Bradley and had Crawford and Meeks in with them. Then the score got back up to 20 real quickly, then Tubby put Jasper and a couple of other back in and the score got straight back down to 10 again. Then we put Bradley back in at point and we were just fine and held on...I just bring this up again, because all year I have had people arguing with me about Bradley and the pg position, and you always like to point out when he messes up. But I just wanted to show you all once again that usually we are at our best with a lineup of Bradley running the point and also Meeks in the game as well...

I got a question for alot of you all. Do you all think that Tre Kelly is not a good point guard, since he is more of a shoot first point guard?:sssh:

Wow you really need to get over this Bradley at the point thing. He's played much better at the 2 and the Cats as a team have been better since Jasper took over.

Also, Kelly is only shoot first now because he has to be... nobody around him can score. That wasn't the case the past couple years.

USC fought hard but UK played well tonight. Loved the way the pushed the tempo, played a bunch of guys and most showed well. I thought UK would look past USC with UF on deck but they brought it tonight and that is a good sign. Huge game against UF, not a make or break game but we'll see were we sit after Saturday night. Tre Kelly is the most underrated player in the SEC, he's a major force.

UK was up 24 points with 14 minutes to go and then went to sleep.

Give USC credit, they hung tough.

Tre Kelley is a solid little point guard and has been the lone bright spot for USC this year.

UK did a terrible job of containing him all night. He is a crafty little fellow with the ball and kept allowing him to dribble left and right. He started nailing some shots, many of them contested.

Offensively, UK was not as crisp moving the ball and started settling for jumpshots.

USC made a run then UK bumped the lead back out to 16 and had in hand again, then Obrzut allows a layup and throw it away 2 straight times in 5 seconds, and the lead is back to ten.

USC went 9-18 from behind the 3 point line in the second half.

Id almost rather have this type of ending then having the players all fat with a 20 point blowout heading into Saturday.

Only one of those turnovers was Woo's, Jasper allowed the USC player to slap it away from him on the first one.

It was a good win that should have been a great win. The story on UK this year has been inconsistency. They don't play games, they play halves. This is what will end their season eventually, and what holds them back from being a team that could truly make some noise. Not final four or national championship by any means, but they could scare some teams with full games like the first half of this one, the first half of the Georgia game, the last stretch of the UT game, etc., etc., etc. Will they ever do it?