Kentucky 95 South Carolina 89

DragonFire

If the cats come out and play like they did tonight the Gators will fall! They didn't play well the 2nd half because Teams tend to get bored when they are beating a team into next year.;)

Great basketball teams don't let 20 point leads dwindle to 9...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the cats come out and play like they did tonight the Gators will fall! They didn't play well the 2nd half because Teams tend to get bored when they are beating a team into next year.;)

Imo the Cats will have to play like they did in the 1st half the entire game on Saturday.

I will agree with your second statement but your first statement, Im not sure about. They have to play good, no they have to play GREAT for 40 minutes to beat a team like UF. Should be fun though!

Great basketball teams don't let 20 point leads dwindle to 9...

Many thought UK would come into the game looking ahead to Florida. They got up 28 and then started looking ahead. That coupled with phenominal play by Tre Kelly (going to miss watching him play) and thus you get the "close" game. The game was NEVER in doubt though. The Cats may be in trouble Saturday night, but I wouldn't look at this game as an indicator of that.

Solid win in somewhat of a trap game for the Cats. After the nice road win against Arkansas, and with Florida coming up this weekend, I was assuming the Cats would have a letdown tonight, and overlook the Gamecocks. Bottom line is UK put it in cruise control after the break and started thinking about Saturday. USC caught fire from behind the arc in the 2nd half and UK just didn't play that great after the break. Not that big of a deal, now on to the Gators.

BTW, Lukas Obrzut should never under any circumstances take the ball out of bounds ever again.

Many thought UK would come into the game looking ahead to Florida. They got up 28 and then started looking ahead. That coupled with phenominal play by Tre Kelly (going to miss watching him play) and thus you get the "close" game. The game was NEVER in doubt though. The Cats may be in trouble Saturday night, but I wouldn't look at this game as an indicator of that.

This game as a barometer is not what concerns me. UF is a daunting matchup for most teams and I think an extremely tough matchup in the front court for UK. Horford is tough enough to guard on his own, then add Noah to that and it is a serious matchup problem. Thomas or Perry is going to have to guard one of those guys. Not good. In order for UK to win, they will have to shoot it very, very, well.

Perfect post:thumb:

The fact that they won by over 30 @USC didn't help matters either....Anyone expecting that big of margin this time around was just fooling themselves.

This game as a barometer is not what concerns me. UF is a daunting matchup for most teams and I think an extremely tough matchup in the front court for UK. Horford is tough enough to guard on his own, then add Noah to that and it is a serious matchup problem. Thomas or Perry is going to have to guard one of those guys. Not good. In order for UK to win, they will have to shoot it very, very, well.

Definitely agreed. Florida is #1 for a reason.