Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Cincinnati Reds

Featured Replies

  • Author

Currently Elly is projected to return to the team on Tuesday, June 23.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    Jeff “The Cowboy” Brantley was named by Fanduel as the Ohio Sportscaster of the year. Congratulations!

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Reds sign Eugenio Suarez. One year $15M with a mutual option. Nice, needed signing.

  • theguru
    theguru

Posted Images

What's the status of Brandon Williamson?  I know he's on the IL, but just seems like he has dropped off the face of the earth.

Lance posted this, ugh:

A sad email from a Cincinnati Reds fan ?

From: Listener Rick

Lance,

I never thought I’d write something like this. I’ve been a Reds fan for nearly 40 years. I’ve spent countless nights at GABP, held season tickets, got engaged in that ballpark, and even have a brick outside commemorating that day. Our two kids have names inspired by the Reds organization. This team has been woven into the fabric of my life.

But I’m struggling now in a way I never have.

Four years ago, work took us away from Cincinnati. We still pay for MLB.tv every year just to keep up with the Reds from states away.

But for the past decade, the team has been so consistently bad, and so lacking in real hope, that my kids, despite our best efforts, have no desire to follow them.

They’ve gravitated toward the local Tampa Bay Rays because at least that team gives them something to root for.

I’m a level‑headed fan. I don’t give up easily. I stuck with UC through the Huggins fallout, the Brian Kelly drama, the Tuberville years. I love my hometown. But as we prepare to come home and visit Cincinnati in a few weeks, we’ve made a decision I never imagined: we won’t spend a dime to see this team in person. Not when this is the product ownership continues to insist is acceptable. This is the only way they can ever take us seriously. Enough is enough.

It breaks my heart to say that. But here we are.

Thanks for giving fans a place to voice what so many of us are feeling.

Best regards,

Rick

  • Author

The first game of the 4 game series between the Reds and Brewers start this evening with a 7:40pm first pitch with Nick Ladolo (2-2) with a 5.39 ERA for the Reds and Robert Gasser (1-3) with a 4.50 ERA. Go Reds!!

The Reds finish the first half of the season at 39/42, three games below 500.  They're off to a 0/2 start in the second half.

What should the Cincinnati Reds do at the trade deadline?

Here is the breakdown from today's episode of Chatterbox Reds.

shopping.jpg

20 hours ago, theguru said:

What should the Cincinnati Reds do at the trade deadline?

Here is the breakdown from today's episode of Chatterbox Reds.

shopping.jpg

I'm in total agreement with this, I also think you have to add Greene to the  have to move list, as he will be making 15 million next year.

From Lance:

Ferris Bueller once famously said “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

I present to you a window missed by the Cincinnati Reds, and a landmark case of organizational malpractice.

Three years ago today, Elly stole second, then he stole third, then he stole home. The Cincinnati Reds beat the Brewers, and they were 50-40 in 1st place in the NL Central.

The Reds had stolen our hearts. This city was in love with Reds baseball.

Since that day, this organization is 233-252 and is about to tear it down, sell off parts, and light the match. Again.

Rinse. Repeat. What a damn shame.

Top to bottom, this organization has failed. This window has slammed shut on our fingers.

This organization doesn't get any benefit of the doubt, or patience, or understanding. None. Why? Because they've done absolutely nothing to earn it.

They punted the Joey Votto era. They are drop kicked the Elly area.

They've sacrificed and scapegoated good men.

They have done the impossible. They took a Hall of Fame manager to be, dangled him like a shiny object to distract fans, and then reduced him to a losing manager.

What a damn shame.

I wonder if it bothers anyone at 100 Joe Nuxhall Way?

I am not a casual baseball fan.  It has always been my favorite sport and I am lucky to have MLB accessible to me in the area I live.   The Cincinnati Reds rarely dictate my desire to go to a game.  When they are playing well, yeah, I enjoy it and will go to be a part of the excitement.

But I also just enjoy going to be with family and friends.  Or, if I get a wild hair, I will go by myself for a variety of reasons.  Maybe to see my favorite team (Baltimore Orioles) or to see a particular player.  I've gotten to see Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, Aaron Judge, and in the past the likes of Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Barry Bonds and Junior.

Baseball is just fun.

The current Reds administration does as much as they can to make it not fun.  

A typical scenario for me was something like:

let's take in a game.  Buy a ticket, hop in the car drive into Newport, and cross the Taylor Southgate and park in the East garage in Cincy.  From there...short walk to the gate.  Buy a coke, dog and a pretzel then sit in and watch the game.

Now, the food is WAY to expensive (unless it's $2 dog night.). Was there last night and if you want a whole pizza to feed the family...$45.99.  But I know overpriced food is part of the deal.

What REALLY hacked me off is that the beloved East garage is now prepaid pass only.  Ended up parking at the Levee and walking, the bridge.   No huge deal for me...but I honestly think that Reds ownership is doing as much as they can to drive the casual fan away.

Put a bad team on the field, give them no way to park conviently near the park and bankrupt them for a meal.

But they stated their stance a couple years ago..."Where else you gonna go"

Edited by Tranquility Base

The Cincinnati Reds are the best team in baseball and I can prove it..........in ABS challenges.

  • Sal Stewart leads MLB in Batter ABS challenges with 23 Successful out of 38 Challenges for a 60.5% Success Rate.
  • Tyler Stephenson leads MLB in Catcher ABS challenges with 62 Successful out of 85 Challenges for a 72.9% Success Rate.
  • The Cincinnati Reds team are second in Batter ABS challenges with a 55.9% Success Rate, first in Catcher ABS challenges with a 73.1% Success Rate, and first in total ABS challenges with a 64.4% Success Rate.

With this kind of success, why do the Reds need to change anything?

11 hours ago, nkypete said:

The Cincinnati Reds are the best team in baseball and I can prove it..........in ABS challenges.

  • Sal Stewart leads MLB in Batter ABS challenges with 23 Successful out of 38 Challenges for a 60.5% Success Rate.
  • Tyler Stephenson leads MLB in Catcher ABS challenges with 62 Successful out of 85 Challenges for a 72.9% Success Rate.
  • The Cincinnati Reds team are second in Batter ABS challenges with a 55.9% Success Rate, first in Catcher ABS challenges with a 73.1% Success Rate, and first in total ABS challenges with a 64.4% Success Rate.

With this kind of success, why do the Reds need to change anything?

Can you incorporate these numbers into the big picture of wins and losses?

On 7/8/2026 at 9:23 PM, Tranquility Base said:

I am not a casual baseball fan.  It has always been my favorite sport and I am lucky to have MLB accessible to me in the area I live.   The Cincinnati Reds rarely dictate my desire to go to a game.  When they are playing well, yeah, I enjoy it and will go to be a part of the excitement.

But I also just enjoy going to be with family and friends.  Or, if I get a wild hair, I will go by myself for a variety of reasons.  Maybe to see my favorite team (Baltimore Orioles) or to see a particular player.  I've gotten to see Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, Aaron Judge, and in the past the likes of Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Barry Bonds and Junior.

Baseball is just fun.

The current Reds administration does as much as they can to make it not fun.  

A typical scenario for me was something like:

let's take in a game.  Buy a ticket, hop in the car drive into Newport, and cross the Taylor Southgate and park in the East garage in Cincy.  From there...short walk to the gate.  Buy a coke, dog and a pretzel then sit in and watch the game.

Now, the food is WAY to expensive (unless it's $2 dog night.). Was there last night and if you want a whole pizza to feed the family...$45.99.  But I know overpriced food is part of the deal.

What REALLY hacked me off is that the beloved East garage is now prepaid pass only.  Ended up parking at the Levee and walking, the bridge.   No huge deal for me...but I honestly think that Reds ownership is doing as much as they can to drive the casual fan away.

Put a bad team on the field, give them no way to park conviently near the park and bankrupt them for a meal.

But they stated their stance a couple years ago..."Where else you gonna go"

What about the parking garage at the banks? 

3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Can you incorporate these numbers into the big picture of wins and losses?

Absolutely...43-52.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.