Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Cincinnati Reds

Featured Replies

Rockies are up 2-0 in the 2nd and from Matt Hong on Facebook.

rockies.jpg

  • Replies 140
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    Jeff “The Cowboy” Brantley was named by Fanduel as the Ohio Sportscaster of the year. Congratulations!

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Reds sign Eugenio Suarez. One year $15M with a mutual option. Nice, needed signing.

  • theguru
    theguru

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think so. Not soon that is. Wait till Greene is in the last year of his contract. Then you trade him. 

With his injury history, you dump him for the first good offer that comes along. Holding him until the end of his contract does you no good if he is on rehab assignments all the time, which would make him next to untradeable when the time comes. 

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

With his injury history, you dump him for the first good offer that comes along. Holding him until the end of his contract does you no good if he is on rehab assignments all the time, which would make him next to untradeable when the time comes. 

What season are trying to win? 2027? 2028? Beyond?

If I am the Reds, I am making trades to win next year. That means keep Greene. He is under contract at a bargain price. Trade Singer and other players who won't be here next year.

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What season are trying to win? 2027? 2028? Beyond?

If I am the Reds, I am making trades to win next year. That means keep Greene. He is under contract at a bargain price. Trade Singer and other players who won't be here next year.

So you firmly believe Greene is over all of his injury problems and will make 30 starts next year?  If this is the case I agree, keep him, but past history doesn't show that happening.

More from Lance McAlister:

Here we are...on the doorstep of a another Cincinnati Reds rebuild.

Sitting in last place, 16.5 games behind the Brewers, 6 back of the 3rd Wild Card, behind six teams, the Reds are left with one option: Start over.

Here are my three obvious concerns:

1. How'd the last rebuild work out?

What have they accomplished since tearing it down in 2022? They've won 82-77-83 games, and are on pace for 74 this year. They finished 3rd-4th-3rd-and are headed for 5th this year. With help from a historic collapse by the Mets, they earned the 3rd Wild Card last season, as the 6th best team in the NL. They got swept by the Dodgers in the postseason.

2. Lack of ammo to rebuild.

In 2022, they had high demand trade chips like Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, Jesse Winker, Eugenio Suarez, Tyler Mahle. They can't stack as many quality chips to deal, this time.

3. Why should I trust Nick Krall?

What has he accomplished? He's given us the likes of Jeimer Candelario, Ke'Bryan Hayes, Frankie Montas, Wil Meyer, and Mike Minor. He's certainly not hitless, with additions of Spencer Steer to Brady Singer to JJ Bleday. But in a plus/minus game, his ledger is a minus. The farm system is thin. The player development stunted. He handed one of the top prospects in baseball, Mike Sirota, to the Dodgers for Gavin Lux. He rebuilt the bullpen in the offseason, and it's one of the worst in MLB. What on his resume, that dates back to 2003 with the Reds, makes anyone feel confident he'd get this rebuild right?

Summation:

At the trade deadline of 2023, a young, exciting, hungry Reds team was 59-49 and in 1st place.

The Reds are 20 games under .500 since (228-248).

As the trade deadline of 2026 nears, we are waiting for the next tear down.

How is any fan supposed to feel good about that?

The only thing worse than rebuilding after just four seasons, is allowing the same person to try it again.

And yet...........

On 7/19/2026 at 11:22 AM, 4 Quarters said:

So you firmly believe Greene is over all of his injury problems and will make 30 starts next year?  If this is the case I agree, keep him, but past history doesn't show that happening.

As I have said previously, healthy Hunter Greene is a top 10 NL starter. That is the value I want if he is traded. That value isn't coming in July 2026.

Two, I adamantly oppose the tear it down rebuild strategy. I favor rebuild for next year. Greene gives the Reds a better chance to win next year than any players we get for him in a trade now.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

As I have said previously, healthy Hunter Greene is a top 10 NL starter. That is the value I want if he is traded. That value isn't coming in July 2026.

Two, I adamantly oppose the tear it down rebuild strategy. I favor rebuild for next year. Greene gives the Reds a better chance to win next year than any players we get for him in a trade now.

I totally agree with you on Greene's value, if he's heathy.  I just think you're really rolling the dice thinking he will make 30 starts next year.

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

I totally agree with you on Greene's value, if he's heathy.  I just think you're really rolling the dice thinking he will make 30 starts next year.

What is the downside? His value is at a low point. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is the downside? His value is at a low point. 

The downside is you're paying him big bucks for no production.

On 7/20/2026 at 7:56 PM, 4 Quarters said:

The downside is you're paying him big bucks for no production.

Not true.  According to spotrac.com.  67 major league pitchers will be paid more this season, including the $12.5M Brady Singer will earn.  Greene is making $8.3M this year and the team has control through 2029.  Reds are more interested in running business than winning.  Keeping Greene with this contract is good business, healthy or not. 

55 minutes ago, FatNate said:

Not true.  According to spotrac.com.  67 major league pitchers will be paid more this season, including the $12.5M Brady Singer will earn.  Greene is making $8.3M this year and the team has control through 2029.  Reds are more interested in running business than winning.  Keeping Greene with this contract is good business, healthy or not. 

He will be making 15.3 million next year.  If next year is a repeat of this year, that's about 1 million for each start.

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

He will be making 15.3 million next year.  If next year is a repeat of this year, that's about 1 million for each start.

And I still prefer keeping him.  After/during 2027 is when I would consider trading.  But, even then, I would want a lot, especially considering he would still have two more years of team control on his existing deal.  

1 hour ago, FatNate said:

And I still prefer keeping him.  After/during 2027 is when I would consider trading.  But, even then, I would want a lot, especially considering he would still have two more years of team control on his existing deal.  

With his history, it's just a tough decision what to do with him.

3 hours ago, FatNate said:

And I still prefer keeping him.  After/during 2027 is when I would consider trading.  But, even then, I would want a lot, especially considering he would still have two more years of team control on his existing deal.  

I agree no trade now. I say not before 2028 unless it is an overwhelming offer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.