Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Harlan

Featured Replies

Boy- Dragonbadattitude- if i knew it was going to tick you off i wouldn't of even ask the question.

Which post are you referring to? I'm not ticked...Sorry if you got that impression, I'm just posting. I don't know how my post got repeated. Anyway, I was just saying that unless you were there, you don't know either. I don't agree much with you, but I respect you. No dis intended.

  • Replies 233
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about public/private dragonpappy?

Your correct this isn't the place BUT since we agree to disagree on about everything i just need to know one thing. What is your position on the public/private debate?

 

I've hashed this out on other threads till I am blue. I'll give you the short version. I've said before that I think since my tax money goes to the public schools, I should have the option to send my kid to any public school I like. Now private schools, well I just don't think they should be competing in the playoffs with public schools. If they want to play public shools, fine, but not for a championship. They can have their own. I know a lot of folks don't agree, and I will not get into it again here myself ( you can if you like), but I'm pretty well set on it. And again LB and anyone else who mistakes my passion for bad attitude, you are mistaken. I do enjoy a good arguement though!:D

Wow, lots of new issues.

 

When you move from one parent to another, you lose a year of eligibility from what I've been told. You can't have two residences, as far as the KHSAA is concerned. I believe I remember J.B. attending a couple of hearings on the matter.

 

Harlan quit playing Cawood in the 70s. Several Cawood coaches tried to get the game going again. Chris Jones can tell you about Boyd Fox, and I've heard Jim Cullivan and Tim Saylor try and fail.

 

J.B. deserves a lot of credit for having the courage to get the series going and keep it going. I would hope Cawood never gets to the point of being afraid to continue the series.

Who do you think would benefit more if the game was played later in the year? I agree that the loser of this game is basically Done for the year. However, i don't know if its the lose that actually does it but it seems that way for the last several years.

 

 

I think this would benefit both teams. Hopefully, if played later in the year, both teams could have some wins notched on their belt, and despite a loss, either would still have momentum heading into the playoffs. If one of the teams were struggling, this game could keep players attentive and less likely to throw in the towel.

Wow, lots of new issues.

 

When you move from one parent to another, you lose a year of eligibility from what I've been told. You can't have two residences, as far as the KHSAA is concerned. I believe I remember J.B. attending a couple of hearings on the matter.

 

Harlan quit playing Cawood in the 70s. Several Cawood coaches tried to get the game going again. Chris Jones can tell you about Boyd Fox, and I've heard Jim Cullivan and Tim Saylor try and fail.

 

J.B. deserves a lot of credit for having the courage to get the series going and keep it going. I would hope Cawood never gets to the point of being afraid to continue the series.

Was it after the basket-brawl? What coaches refused to play Cawood (if indeed they did)? What was the reasoning? Anyone out there have the Harlan version? Not doubting you completely HDE, you are very reputable, My experience has just been that Harlan Ind. usually has more motivating its decisions than "fear".

The theory at one time was that Harlan couldn't compete with Cawood in football. I doubt that it came up every year. Fox tried and failed, then you didn't hear much about it for several years.

 

The series ended in 1973 after Cawood broke a losing streak against Harlan. I think there was a fight or some incident, among fans, around that time. Cawood had a tremendous amount of talent on the way at that point and Harlan went through several down years before Rick McCrary turned it around in the late 70s.

The fight was a basketball game. I was there and after that, the two teams stopped playing each other. Why it took so long to get restarted, we can all have theories. Most folks perspective comes from which team they support, or which district one graduated from. I guess the only facts we know is that they play each other now. Unless that game gets to be something that is bad for the programs, you play it. I hope they always play. As for Harlan's chances this coming season, it may be a tough road, with all the county schools looking to beat Harlan in their last year of their schools existence. I believe the Evarts game is at Evarts, but Cawood and Cumberland are at home. Again the big question marks are the younger linemen and the recieving corps.

Unless I have him confused, I'm guessing Mountain Pride 10 could supply from facts from the 1970s since I have the wrong perspective.

okay lets quit beating around the bush. With knowing a little bit about what both teams have coming back, how do you guys see the Harlan/Cawood game stacking up in August? To me it shapes up to be a fairly even matchup. What do you think?

okay lets quit beating around the bush. With knowing a little bit about what both teams have coming back, how do you guys see the Harlan/Cawood game stacking up in August? To me it shapes up to be a fairly even matchup. What do you think?

I think its very much a mystery. Harlan has lots of spots to fill. Cawood will be a mystery with a new coach. Cawood has to get used to winning. Harlan has to be able to score. Its a toss up as far as I can see.

Lungbuster,

 

Haven't you learned that dragonpappy is right. How is my little buddy dragonpappy doing?

Lungbuster,

 

Haven't you learned that dragonpappy is right. How is my little buddy dragonpappy doing?

Hey, where ya been? No, I'm not always right...gasp, shock! I'm waiting on Mountain Pride for some eye-witness info on this latest topic, I don't pretend to know what happened. How do you see next year's RAX Bowl, whyme?

Not sure as of right now. Too early for me to make a prediction on this game. I really don't know what either team has. With spring practice right around the corner we ought to be able to start getting some early reports on the local schools.

I'm glad to see others agree with me on the education topic.

 

From what I have seen of "little" Luttrell, he is around 5'8" - 5'9" and weighs anywhere from 155-165lbs. Putting him at 180lbs is stretching it a bit. He is small, but looks athletic. I played basketball with him once and he was kind of uncoordinated. I guess we'll see this fall.

 

actually..."little luttrell" is 5'8" 175 pounds benches 185, squats 300, power cleans 200, and has never played a lick of basketball in his day, therefore, it's imperitive. he's also all natural and has quite a bit of athleticism and potential, better yet discipline. a fine young man if i do say so myself, very CIVILIZED.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.