Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Harlan

Featured Replies

Pappy,

 

You are so funny. You are not bashing when you make a point but you say that Lungbuster is bashing even though he is making his points. That is just the way the city folk are, they do no wrong, their sweat don't stink.

  • Replies 233
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pappy,

 

You are so funny. You are not bashing when you make a point but you say that Lungbuster is bashing even though he is making his points. That is just the way the city folk are, they do no wrong, their sweat don't stink.[/quote

 

So I guess you don't have a point so you spend your time making personal attacks. Let it be on record that you started getting personal. Until now its been about districts and different points of view. Just so you know, I won't be attacking you back. Its not worth it.

I was just making the point that Lungbuster was just making his points. You made the statement that he was bashing and YOU were just making a point. I was just making the point that if he is bashing then so are you. There sure is a lot of points here. I am just trying to figure out how some of your comments are not personal about the county. Seems like to me you talk out of both sides of your mouth. To be honest I had no intentions of getting involved in all of this and keeping my mouth shut like HDE had suggested but it just burns me up when the county gets attacked ALL the time and the city never does wrong. I realize the county does have problems, but let me tell you brother, so does the city. And yes, if it was not for the county, then the city could not survive.

With this schedule, I can see Harlan winning 7 games, or as few as 3-4. The offseason will be crucial for Harlan, which obviously has alot of shoes to fill. The only team I see as a true favorite is Clay County, and maybe Lynn Camp. The games with Cawood, Evarts, Hazard, Cumberland and Perry Central could go either way.

You haven't been keeping up with high school football lately. Believe me, Clay Co will be the toughest team on Harlan's schedule. They are loaded for next two seasons. Leading passer in the state last season and two outstanding receivers will return. They did lose a very good RB but return some good linemen.

Mnt. 10 thanks for the clarification on the age thing. I agree that a rule is a rule and never meant that it shouldn't have been caught. I was just trying to give a few more facts about the situation and seemed to hit a nerve with one of the Harlan supporters on here. I never meant to BLAME anyone. I would like to sit down and discuss this with you sometime. I think its interesting. With what you seem to know i think we could have a good conversation about the old days!

I do believe I said that Clay County was the only team on Harlan's schedule that I considered a "true favorite" to beat the Dragons. I can see however, that my words may have been twisted to an extent

I was just making the point that Lungbuster was just making his points. You made the statement that he was bashing and YOU were just making a point. I was just making the point that if he is bashing then so are you. There sure is a lot of points here. I am just trying to figure out how some of your comments are not personal about the county. Seems like to me you talk out of both sides of your mouth. To be honest I had no intentions of getting involved in all of this and keeping my mouth shut like HDE had suggested but it just burns me up when the county gets attacked ALL the time and the city never does wrong. I realize the county does have problems, but let me tell you brother, so does the city. And yes, if it was not for the county, then the city could not survive.

thought for a minute you were going to try to make nice. Oh well. I guess its up to me to let you have the last word. Think you can resist?

Wow!

 

What a man can miss in just a few short weeks! I have not been on this site in some time because of other obligationsbut what I have read this morning makes me sick!

 

Most of you know who I am so I'll give you my view which is a rather unique one. I have two children that attend Harlan City and two step-children that attend County so I have a VERY clear view of the situation from both angles. While I do agree & understand rooting for one'ss team and own Children I do not understand what is going on this this community. It is truly a sad time in Harlan county when people we all know cannot get along better than this. What bothers me most is that most of us live within 15-20 miles of each other and we are CONSTANTLYat each other's throat.

 

I will say this with the early reference to recruting by a certian Harlan coach, I have a pretty good idea who the premier athletes in Harlan County are in all sports, and I have a pretty close relationship with one of the top two or three in a particular sport that plays within the county system, and I can tell ya catagorically that kid has never been contacted by ANYONE in the City district.

 

With that said, I think I'll ride off into the sunset and let you guys continue with whatever it is that you do.

Anybody know how spring practice is going? How is their turnout?

Pappy,

 

I think you have done your share of blasting too.

 

It sickens me to see Cawood getting pumped up for Harlan. It should never even get to that point. As a Cawood fan or a Harlan County fan, I am looking for bigger fish to fry than just beating Harlan. I feel that Cawood can compete for a district title or at least a home play-off game. The Harlan game is a no win situation for Cawood and everything for Harlan. If Cawood wins then woopdeedo, they should. If Cawood loses then shame on Cawood. If Harlan wins then they have beaten a larger school and if Harlan loses, that is what should happen.

 

I could say a lot about your post pappy on the bball game and how the Harlan kids acted and about how you bash our district but I will respect HDE's request and keep it to myself.

I suppose its been pretty easy competing for a district title when there's only been like 4 teams in the district. And about the basketball game, ask someone who was apart of it....me. Now, "heckling" the players is just fun innocence and can be observed at any high school. However, when the students are screaming profanities so loud that the coach has to move the bench out on the floor, and when they start chanting "overweight" to certain players (who actually had a better game than other players, and DIDN'T shoot the ball around 40 times), that's just too much!

I realize I'm in danger of loosing life and or limb but here I go. Harlan's future and LB's predictions.

CAWOOD-- I'll take Harlan in a game somewhat better than years past. I don't see any reason to pick Cawood until they do something on the field. Harlan by 14

 

Lee---- I see this being very competitve. It will depend on who gets a call or two- I'll take Harlan by 6

 

Evarts- - County Kin meet again, It doesn't matter who has what in this game. It will be physical and competitive until the second half. I see Harlan pulling away late and winning by 17

 

Hazard--- Harlan will be 3-0 going into this one. They might be a little to high and Hazard is stilling feeling the effects of last year. Hazard wins by 8

 

Pineville-- Halan gets happy this week. Harlan by 21

 

Lynn Camp-- Hard, physical game. If the Camp is still a one man show i will go with Harlan by 7

 

Cumb- I think Cumb will be much better than Harlan but in this game it really doesn't matter. I will say harlan plays above their heads but Cumb wins by 1

 

Jekins-- Harlan by a bunch

 

Perry ----- Harlan plays the best game of the year. Harlan by 14

 

Clay--- Harlan is ready and stands toe to toe but clay pulls away in the end by 17

 

Harlan goes 7 and 3 and meets Hazard in the 2nd round. They rename main Street in Harlan to Donahue Drive and after a successful football year Dragonpappy isn't mad at the world anymore and life is great in Green Dragon Land. lol

I hear that there are three homes for rent on Donahue Drive right in the heart of the city district, anyone see any moving vans in the area? Dragon Pappy you better get on and defend your honor before this thread is final.

I realize I'm in danger of loosing life and or limb but here I go. Harlan's future and LB's predictions.

CAWOOD-- I'll take Harlan in a game somewhat better than years past. I don't see any reason to pick Cawood until they do something on the field. Harlan by 14

 

Lee---- I see this being very competitve. It will depend on who gets a call or two- I'll take Harlan by 6

 

Evarts- - County Kin meet again, It doesn't matter who has what in this game. It will be physical and competitive until the second half. I see Harlan pulling away late and winning by 17

 

Hazard--- Harlan will be 3-0 going into this one. They might be a little to high and Hazard is stilling feeling the effects of last year. Hazard wins by 8

 

Pineville-- Halan gets happy this week. Harlan by 21

 

Lynn Camp-- Hard, physical game. If the Camp is still a one man show i will go with Harlan by 7

 

Cumb- I think Cumb will be much better than Harlan but in this game it really doesn't matter. I will say harlan plays above their heads but Cumb wins by 1

 

Jekins-- Harlan by a bunch

 

Perry ----- Harlan plays the best game of the year. Harlan by 14

 

Clay--- Harlan is ready and stands toe to toe but clay pulls away in the end by 17

 

Harlan goes 7 and 3 and meets Hazard in the 2nd round. They rename main Street in Harlan to Donahue Drive and after a successful football year Dragonpappy isn't mad at the world anymore and life is great in Green Dragon Land. lol

LOL here's hoping all your predictions come true, LB!

I hear that there are three homes for rent on Donahue Drive right in the heart of the city district, anyone see any moving vans in the area? Dragon Pappy you better get on and defend your honor before this thread is final.

I'm not sure I have any left!

Well friends and close relatives, its time once again for another analysis for the county teams' up-coming seasons. We'll start with my favorite, the Green Dragons!

HARLAN: could be a shocker team this year. The loss of 13 talented seniors is always a hard blow to any team, but this year's senior stock isn't too shabby. The talk of the town (Chase Jones 6'4 180) will return as the starting QB. With an impressing 1400 passing yards last year (really good for a running team) Chase is expected to do big things this year. Kenny Pennington could also be seen taking some snaps in the event of Jones' "absence." While the loss of talent receivers like Pope, Sheffield and Goodin, Harlan returns some equivilent talent at the WR possition. Sen. Bradford Marsili (6'1 170) will be Jones' primary target this year. Marsili saw some time at receiver last year, but didn't play as much considering Pope was the main target. However, Marsili posted a 4.7 forty during the offseason, and had a good showing at each of Harlan's 7 on 7's. Two other prospects at the receiver position could be Soph. Kenny Pennington (6'1 165) and Allen Hensley (6'0 160). At running back, Sen. Hunter Luttrell (transfer from South Oldham, 5'9 180, 4.62 forty) will be expected to carry the load for the Dragon's running game. Replacing Jon Lundy will be no easy task for Luttrell, but after sitting out his Junior season, Luttrell is ready as can be to where a green jersey. Sen. Jon Heck (5'9 195) will see time at both runningback and fullback possitions. Other candidates include: Soph. Andrew Link, Soph. Josh Ball. The "hogs" this year will be lead by Sen. Westley Howard (6'3 235) and Aaron Jones (6'0 275). Howard will remain in the tackle spot, and Jones is expected to fill in for All State center Blake James. Joining Howard and Jones will be returning Junior Jacob Cole (5'10 205) at guard, Soph. James Hill (6'0 215), and Evan Dugger (5'10 200). Also, Soph. Bryan Cloud (6'2 265) didn't play last season but attended lifting and spring practice. Also, Frosh. Zach Allen (6'1 260) could very well find himself in the starting line up for the dragons. And at the Tight End possition, Ben Cornett (6'1 185) will be expected to excell in both blocking and receiving for the dragons this season. As far as defense is concerned, the dragons are without their usual defensive cordinator Eric Perry, but have Frank Shope to fill in. Therefore, its untelling what type of defense teams can expect to see from the dragons this season.

CAWOOD: The trojans could also be another shocker team in the mountains this season. With the addition of Eric Perry as head coach, the trojans could have a season to remember. Now, understand that I play for Harlan, and that's why my description is so thorough, so I'll do the best I can for the rest of the county. T.J. Green will more than likely be taking snaps in Perry's offense, which from what everyone in town has said will be option based, similar to Middlesboro's. Running backs will include Bradley Howard, Shadow Westfelt, and Charlie .... (don't know the last name). With that talent back there, look to see a similar back field to that of Belfry's when David Jones ran the show. At receivers, its untelling. Bradley Howard was one of the main targets last season, but with his move to running back its untelling who Perry has for the spot (hopefully not John Cole). Rick Clem will be one of Green's main targets at the tight end possition. The front five will be powered by two returning starters from last season: Royal Bargo, and Jamie Ball, both are very big kids.

EVARTS: The term shocker is being overused, so we'll say this could be a year for Canady comparable to his 2005 run. After seeing his offense in 7 on 7's, it appears as if Evarts will be a shotgun team this year!!??!! (They ran it well in the 7 on 7's). Derek Cochran will be the starting QB for the wildcats, and Trevor ... and Clifton Robbins will be carrying ball, along with Jimmy Langly. Robbins will more than likely play the fullback possition (deadlifted 600lbs in a recent lifting meet!) The front five is unknown to me. James Shephard will be the main hog up front, on both sides of the ball. Receivers will include Derek White and probably Jimmy Langly. Replacing Adam Helton and Jimmy Pike will be the struggle for Ovie this season, but, Canady always has talent unheard of until the season starts.

CUMBERLAND: This is the team I know least about. Some local "hear-say" caught my attention the other day, and it said that Zach Blanton won't be playing this season. If so, I have no idea who Reynolds? would find for a QB. Junior Nathaniel Gilliam had an outstanding season last year, so I find myself expecting him to be the Redskin's main weapon next season. Josh Jones and Jonathan Fields and William Marshall will be part of Cumberland's HUGE front five next year. Also, transfer Shaquiell Clark? will also be a part of the team from what I've heared.

Once again, I appologize for not having a thorough analysis of each county team. I do what I can. However, espionoge might be used to provide you all with more info.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.