Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Harlan

Featured Replies

I just can't wait until we here from Whyme & Lungbuster they should be able to stir the emotions of the Harlan (City, County) faithful to an all time high considering this should be the last year of football for Cawood, Cumberland, and Evarts. I almost forgot Dragon-Pappy he can always give the City veiw point like nonother so let the fun begin.

  • Replies 233
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaquille Clark played middle school at Cumberland and I reckon played for them last year. He'll be a sophomore right? He has potential to be a great back. Are you thinking about transfer Garfield Wilson? The big kid that plays basketball that moved up from North Carolina with Johnson?

I know this is not the correct thread for this but Harlan Ind. 5th-6th grade football team is in need of two games one being on a saturday. If anyone knows of a team that could fill this void then please call coach Tony Saragas at 573-1794 for all of the open dates. Thanks MP 10

Shaquille Clark played middle school at Cumberland and I reckon played for them last year. He'll be a sophomore right? He has potential to be a great back. Are you thinking about transfer Garfield Wilson? The big kid that plays basketball that moved up from North Carolina with Johnson?

 

 

I think you're right. I believe Wilson is playing football.

Blake Polson, a junior, was the backup quarterback last year and will probably start this season if Blanton doesn't play.

 

Charles Howard is the other running back for Cawood.

Harlan and Cumberland should again be the two better teams in the county.

Harlan has a couple kids up front who has started for several years and Cole played alot of snaps on both sides of the ball. i Figure Harlan will be as good as they have been in the past few years with Jones coming back and the addition of Luttrell.

Cumberland will be right there with Harlan and for some reason i am thinking Cumberland will again get right vs Harlan in 07. I am thinking that Jon will not let another Fluke take place BUT again one never knows. I see Cumberland being able to match up with Harlan up front and with the return of Gilliam i am giving the skins the W.

I also see Evarts being much improved in the coming year. They have a good athlete at Qb who can make things happen. Since this is the last year of Evarts i see that as being the motivation that carries this team.

Cawood is just one big Question Mark. ???????????????????????????????????

I do think they will be improved but how much ??????????????

Glad to see that you are still with us LB, hope that you have had a good summer and are looking forward to what maybe a historic season in Harlan co. football. Time is upon us for the start of fall/summer practice and I can't wait until we can get a read on what the season holds for us old-timers to talk/agrue about.

Can't us young folks debate, too?

 

 

Someone merged the Harlan County thread with the previous Harlan thread. It's not the same thing.

yeah ------- i have been busy. Moved closer to I-75 , changed jobs and had major surgery all in a three month span.

I Have been all pumped up at the new Cawood Trojans with all the talk during the spring but man i must admit i am a little concerned as the season gets closer. This might be the biggest Question as far as a team goes in the history of my ole school. They have a lot going against them. A new Coach being 1 and the players mentioned by a previous post have got me confused.

I saw a torn ACL from one of the players in his junior year , another was mentioned that this is only his second year of football period. A sophmore QB who is new to the postion, another sophmore and a junior who played only defense. According to this ------Cawood looks to be very very young with many 1st year players being counted on to carry a huge load.

Now counting on 1st year players isn't always bad but do they have them?

I had to be in Harlan a day this week to tend to some banking and stuck around to check on some county football. All i got to see was the Trojans?

The other teams must be going in the morning. Anyway, Cawood was locked up like fort Knox and i had to look from the parking area. I can't see very well but well enough to know they had less than 40 players and i could only see 3 coaches. It was a big surprise with all the weightroom numbers talk and all the excitement from the new coach during the spring. who knows only time will tell.

HDE, your within the same decade as the rest of us so you are considered old-timer also. Cawood got started a little eariler than the rest of the county schools, no other reason than they needed as much work under the new coach as possible. Soph. TJ Green looks to be the early choice at QB in the new offence, with SR. Bradly Howard at one back both have good size and decent speed, they look to be teamed with Shadow Westfelt and Charlie Howard at the other backs, both of these are small but pretty fast and tough. This rotation gives the Trojans a little bit of everything but my concern for them is a soph. QB running the option without very much time under center. The young kids mostly freshman have a great deal of talent but will they get quality minutes in a new system for a school that as it seems will playing their last season as JACHS. Only time will tell !!!

well after a couple of sleepless nights I got in contact with an old buddy who is much closer to the team than i am. He told me that the night i saw Cawood they must of had them split into two groups. He told me they have 61 as of Friday. That they have 7 coaches ( 3 of which i didn't recoginize) and that the players really like Coach Perry! He told me that they are starting to buy into the new coach and that the attitude is completely changed for the better. NOW ALL THIS IS COMING FROM A MAN WHO HAS A LITTLE ONE PLAYING BUT THESE ARE HIS EXACT WORDS. He says Cawood will have more team speed than they have had in a long time with a couple of 4-5's and several 4-6's -------- that they will have some men up front who are very strong 400 plus bench and 350 power cleans and he went on an on about this bunch of kids. He talked about a combine the seniors to be went to down here around Corbin.

So i called a college buddy who i figured might of had his team in this thing.

He told me that Cawood probably had the overall best looking kids at the meet. He told me that they had 2 of the 3 strongest kids at the whole thing.

Said they had some backs that had very very good times and that the lineman they took had some of the best feet there. So knowing that Cawood 's stronger in both the fresh and soph classes this really was some exciting news for all Cawood supports. Go Trojans and keep working hard

now i think i can get some sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's going from too depressing to too upbeat in one night.

 

I think they'll be better, but many of the key players are freshmen and sophomores.

 

I was joking in the earlier post. I know I'm an old-timer, but it's comforting to know that I'm not the oldest old-timer with Mountain Pride still around.

Not to put a negitive spin on LB's post but, I spoke to one of the coach's and he said that they had 51-53 depending on what day it was, there have been some 8th graders out running drills with the high school and that might be why they thought the #s were a little higher. anything over 45 and you have got some serious depth to work with. I also question that they are any 4.5 fourties that is very rare in this part of the state, but as I have stated since spring ball the Trojans will be a whole lot faster than we have seen in recent years, and that in itself will allow them to be better.

Good reply Moutain Pride 10..and about the 400 lb benches and the 350 lb power cleans, they should recheck what they heard. At the recent weight lifting competition the highest bench press for Cawood was Royal Bargo with maybe 350-360...and the strongest powerclean for Cawood was 265...so...thats astonishing if they've improved their strength that much since then, but it doesn't sound probable.

Harlan and Cumberland should again be the two better teams in the county.

Harlan has a couple kids up front who has started for several years and Cole played alot of snaps on both sides of the ball. i Figure Harlan will be as good as they have been in the past few years with Jones coming back and the addition of Luttrell.

Cumberland will be right there with Harlan and for some reason i am thinking Cumberland will again get right vs Harlan in 07. I am thinking that Jon will not let another Fluke take place BUT again one never knows. I see Cumberland being able to match up with Harlan up front and with the return of Gilliam i am giving the skins the W.

I also see Evarts being much improved in the coming year. They have a good athlete at Qb who can make things happen. Since this is the last year of Evarts i see that as being the motivation that carries this team.

Cawood is just one big Question Mark. ???????????????????????????????????

I do think they will be improved but how much ??????????????

Again with the "fluke" play. Just give back the touchdown taken away by the line judge with no guts and replace it with the "fluke" play and we are even to start the season! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND PUFF DADDY. I said in my post those were the words of a parent. You of all people should realize how much stock people put into what parents say about their own kids and how the truth is somewhere between all the bull. For once why don't you give us something besides smart responses ----------- How many did the Dragons have out tonight. Who is filling in on JB's staff--------- who looked good ------- who didn't show ------who was a surprise ----------- what did JB have on and all those things we all want to know

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.