Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Harlan

Featured Replies

Dragon Pappy,

 

No matter how you look at the situation, whether the coach calls a kids, parent, or talks to him at Wally World, it is illegal for another districts or another schools coach to try and talk a kid into coming to play for him or her.

 

 

So does this mean that you are backtracking on your original posts about all of this contacting that is suppose to be happening? (I may be wrong but I don't think that Harlan has a her as a Head Coach.)

  • Replies 233
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that is what made the Blanton kid from harlan so successful in basketball. We as parents alot of the time send the wrong message to our kids. We look near and far to find a place for our kid to be the star. In my opinion, Jones and Thomas would of been the 2 main reasons my kid would of stayed at that school. To teach him what sports are all about. That its not about playing time as a Frosh or scoring 3,000 pts but instead about finding your place on a team. About hard work, dedication, sacrifice ect. About getting up at 5:30 and shooting 500 shots and working to be the best you can be. Doing whatever was ask of you - practice player or one who averages 20 a game. I don't think many will play on saturday and even less on sunday so what not gain from the game the true meaning. When the house burns down , the wife runs of with the mailman and the dog dies, i have my money on the kid who learned life lessons through sports not the one who's parents found him an easy way out.

 

 

 

This was one of the best posts that I have read since joining the BGP site. So many parents loose their direction when they are worring about little Johnny getting to play in college.The shear numbers of kids that get to play at the next level from this area are so small that it seems to me we should be spending most of our time drilling our kids in math and science these are two areas that most of them will really need when they go pro!

I agree with MP10 that Lungbuster has hit the nail on the head several times in this thread...

I know this is a Harlan thread, but would anyone know Cawood's schedule for the 2007 season? I'm curious to know if they had made any changes in their out of district schedule.

With talent seemingly lacking in the county in the past few years (in relation to other areas) is it reasonable to argue that transferring students dilute the playing field in the county as a whole?

 

BTW, Coach Donahue should be commended on the efforts of last years team. Had anyone said at the beginning of the year that Harlan was capable of winning 8 games, many would have laughed. I think that last years team was one of Coach Donahue's best coaching jobs and he and his staff should be commended for their efforts.

I agree with MP10 that Lungbuster has hit the nail on the head several times in this thread...

 

 

 

Lungbuster should be getting in touch with HDE about doing some writing for the HDE.

Dragon Pappy,

 

No matter how you look at the situation, whether the coach calls a kids, parent, or talks to him at Wally World, it is illegal for another districts or another schools coach to try and talk a kid into coming to play for him or her.

Hey, agree with you on that one! I'm saying a parent should have their choice if they pay taxes. That ain't the way it is, but I think its whats right. If the rule is no recruiting , thats the way it should be. No arguement from me on that one.:thumb:

This was one of the best posts that I have read since joining the BGP site. So many parents loose their direction when they are worring about little Johnny getting to play in college.The shear numbers of kids that get to play at the next level from this area are so small that it seems to me we should be spending most of our time drilling our kids in math and science these are two areas that most of them will really need when they go pro!

Yes, guys, thats why I think I should have the choice, not for sports, although you can't stop folks from considering that. I've said it before, if the best elementary school is Wallins, I should be able to send my kid there. If I want to switch to Rosspoint for middle, I should be able to. If I want them then to go to Harlan for High School, I should be able to choose that. Its about my control of how my tax money is spent for my child.

Lungbuster should be getting in touch with HDE about doing some writing for the HDE.

I wouldn't go that far. I do think though, he is having moments of lucidity. If we can only get whyme on board, lol!

I could have sworn that Cawood had both middle school teams up until the New Harlan team was formed? Anyone know for sure?

 

 

Not that it's any great achievement, but I'm pretty confident no one on the planet has followed things like this closer than I have the last 20 years.

 

The team was called Cawood, or JACHS, but it included Cawood, Hall, and sometimes Green Hills, players. It's basically the same as the Hall team in the 60s, 70s and 80s before the Cawood seventh- and eighth-graders moved back to Cawood Elementary School.

What is the word on Luttrell? What kind of football player is he? I played under his dad for a short while, and loved him. If he has the passion for the game that John had, he will be successful on that alone.

Dragon Pappy,

 

Thanks but no thanks. I think I will stay on my side of the road in regards to me coming on board.

Not that it's any great achievement, but I'm pretty confident no one on the planet has followed things like this closer than I have the last 20 years.

 

The team was called Cawood, or JACHS, but it included Cawood, Hall, and sometimes Green Hills, players. It's basically the same as the Hall team in the 60s, 70s and 80s before the Cawood seventh- and eighth-graders moved back to Cawood Elementary School.

 

 

Not to date myself or anything but JR. High Football as it was called, started in 1971 and each school , Loyall, Hall, Wallins, Evarts, Cumberland, Benham, Lynch, and Harlan all fielded teams. And this was a very good league. IMVHO!

What is the word on Luttrell? What kind of football player is he? I played under his dad for a short while, and loved him. If he has the passion for the game that John had, he will be successful on that alone.

 

 

 

 

Not many humans had the passion for the game as John had. Pure ANIMAL

 

But what do you expect he is from RIO!!! Loyall suburb. lol

The word out of Harlan Ind. today is that the Superintendent called the coaches in his office and told them that if any coach is caught recruiting a kid they will be fired. I do not want that, I just want our kids left alone. If a kid wants to go somewhere else and play then that is fine with me if they go on their own and not by a coach telling them that they will start next year as a freshman.

 

I do have a parent that is willing to sign a sworn affidavid (I am sure I spelled that wrong) but I will not pursue that if the coach backs off.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.