Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Harlan

Featured Replies

Whyme,

 

I have no idea where you get your info but none of the coaches were called in on the carpet today or any other day. You might as well either bring it or drop it because one coach would welcome your challenge.(Probably all)

  • Replies 233
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word out of Harlan Ind. today is that the Superintendent called the coaches in his office and told them that if any coach is caught recruiting a kid they will be fired. I do not want that, I just want our kids left alone. If a kid wants to go somewhere else and play then that is fine with me if they go on their own and not by a coach telling them that they will start next year as a freshman.

 

I do have a parent that is willing to sign a sworn affidavid (I am sure I spelled that wrong) but I will not pursue that if the coach backs off.

 

Whyme, we meet again....

 

 

I think Mtn is right on with his comments. I think people in this thread are ready to let this stuff go and focus on what the thread is meant to be about (not recruiting voilations). If you have a problem with Casey Lester, then go find Casey, I'm sure you all could talk about this stuff all day long. Also, if your life is so rule based then maybe you should follow rule #4 here at BGP...

 

4. No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact http://www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

 

I think I, and everyone else would like to keep this thread going so that we can talk about football and not rumors which have questionable "truths" behind them.

Is it just me or can anyone else believe this thread has not been closed or anyone has not been kicked off the site?

Not that it's any great achievement, but I'm pretty confident no one on the planet has followed things like this closer than I have the last 20 years.

 

The team was called Cawood, or JACHS, but it included Cawood, Hall, and sometimes Green Hills, players. It's basically the same as the Hall team in the 60s, 70s and 80s before the Cawood seventh- and eighth-graders moved back to Cawood Elementary School.

I'm sure you are right

Dragon Pappy,

 

Thanks but no thanks. I think I will stay on my side of the road in regards to me coming on board.

:ylsuper: great! who would I fuss with?

I wouldn't know what to do without me and you on the opposite sides

Harlan has a pretty decent corps of seniors returning, led by Howard and Jones up front. Johnson and Heck have some experience at running back and I'm guessing Luttrell will be eligible to take over as the featured back. Jones had a great junior season and will be back at quarterback. The big question I have is who replaces Pope, Sheffield and Goodin as the receivers.

 

Harlan's schedule

 

Cawood

Lee, Va.

Evarts

Hazard

Pineville

Lynn Camp

Cumberland

Jenkins

Perry Central

Clay County

 

 

 

 

With this schedule, I can see Harlan winning 7 games, or as few as 3-4. The offseason will be crucial for Harlan, which obviously has alot of shoes to fill. The only team I see as a true favorite is Clay County, and maybe Lynn Camp. The games with Cawood, Evarts, Hazard, Cumberland and Perry Central could go either way.

I don't think I'd put Lynn Camp any higher than Cumberland or Hazard.

 

It's extremely early, but I'd put Harlan as the underdog against Clay and the favorite against Jenkins and Pineville.

 

The other seven (Lee isn't that bad) should be competitive.

 

I'll go with 5-5 at this point.

Dragonpappy,

I would like to know what criteria you would base this decision as to the best school. You have beat the drum about your tax dollars to death. Are you going by test scores, location, teacher quality, curriculum, size, free-reduced

numbers, act scores, color of the school or what? Reminds me of the old ford and chevy debate. You could be saying that you would just go on opinion but again we all know about opinions. if you could prove with facts that the city is so much superior to the county then i would be the first to pack my bags and move outside of harlan county in search of and education that would meet or exceed that of the city. Boy, i sure would miss ole harlan county!

No offense to anybody, but I thought this was a thread for football, not cross-county political and educational debates, or maybe I'm just too young to understand the importance your all's conversation. However, concerning Luttrell, he's CRAZY, and having to sit out last season just pushed him over the edge. He's probably as close to John Luttrell as you can get, and is pretty fast which is just the icing on the cake. However, the strong point of Harlan should once again be the line. (Not saying this in being biast.) But they have 5 solid offensive, and 2 solid defensive linemen coming back. Alot of young talent will be forced to step in with a lot of weight on their shoulders, however, from the work the younger players have put in during the offseason, it should be an exciting year for the Green Dragons.

HDE, my reasoning for placing Lynn Camp above the likes of Cumberland and Hazard was for the Roscoph (sp?) kid alone. If he is returning, then I think he alone is that much of a difference. That, with Lynn Camp's physical nature, in my opninion puts them ahead of the other two. Though they didn't put many points on the board against Harlan last year, their offense physically took it to Harlan. I can see Hazard as being very good, or very average, depending on their ability to stop the run in this new district. Cumberland will be very dangerous, and could be the best of the three, if they can stay focused and play disciplined football

LB, I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but in today's HDE, Harlan IND. comes in 1st. in the governors cup for the 52nd district with a score that beat all of the county high school's combined. Before you come back with test scores are not the only measuring stick, this is what our leaders look at when they are assessing our schools.

No offense to anybody, but I thought this was a thread for football, not cross-county political and educational debates, or maybe I'm just too young to understand the importance your all's conversation. However, concerning Luttrell, he's CRAZY, and having to sit out last season just pushed him over the edge. He's probably as close to John Luttrell as you can get, and is pretty fast which is just the icing on the cake. However, the strong point of Harlan should once again be the line. (Not saying this in being biast.) But they have 5 solid offensive, and 2 solid defensive linemen coming back. Alot of young talent will be forced to step in with a lot of weight on their shoulders, however, from the work the younger players have put in during the offseason, it should be an exciting year for the Green Dragons.

 

 

NG shouldn't you be in class at this time? And by the way stop correcting your elders because this is all we have left. lol

My deepest appologies, however, I am in class, and boy what a luxury the internet in school is! lol.

My deepest appologies, however, I am in class, and boy what a luxury the internet in school is! lol.

 

 

 

 

What sort of research could you be doing on BGP?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.