Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands looking for JV game 9/6

Featured Replies

Saw this on Twitter just now. Thought I'd share. 

Screenshot_20250904_170425_X.jpg

Coach Haddix was looking for JV games on his Facebook page. 

Does there have to be a legit excuse to cancel a game? Is there some type of penalty if cancelling? Isn't that the 2nd game HHS JV that teams cancelled? So many questions!

Darn it I want answers!!!! 
 

On a curious note, how easy or difficult is it to get a JV scheduled and accepted in 36hrs? 

1 minute ago, Breds82 said:

Darn it I want answers!!!! 
 

On a curious note, how easy or difficult is it to get a JV scheduled and accepted in 36hrs? 

No one game plans for JV do they? Should be just a matter of saying let's play.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No one game plans for JV do they? Should be just a matter of saying let's play.

No clue just curious as to how easy or difficult it would be. Is there any paperwork involved or not.

45 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Darn it I want answers!!!! 
 

On a curious note, how easy or difficult is it to get a JV scheduled and accepted in 36hrs? 

 

It was only a matter of time!  Love it every time. Good luck tomorrow night.

Can’t imagine there’s a lot of teams standing in line to accept that game.

A 6A team is not able to play a JV game?  Come on Campbell.........However I guess before I start throwing stones I am assuming that there is no unusual circumstance that created this cancellation.  Perhaps there is........

In any event with most of the state playing the team they played on Friday night in the JV game Sat. morning, it leaves few teams available.  Add to that it being Highlands, I suspect its going to be a tough get this late in the week.

11 hours ago, tdyballgame said:

Does there have to be a legit excuse to cancel a game? Is there some type of penalty if cancelling? Isn't that the 2nd game HHS JV that teams cancelled? So many questions!

No penalty that I know of, except for teams not wanting to even try to schedule you in the future. I have heard of coaches canceling Saturday JV games in the Friday handshake line after being on the losing end of a lopsided win on Friday nights before. 

10 minutes ago, AC Slater said:

No penalty that I know of, except for teams not wanting to even try to schedule you in the future. I have heard of coaches canceling Saturday JV games in the Friday handshake line after being on the losing end of a lopsided win on Friday nights before. 

And that’s usually due to the JV playing the 2nd half of those games. No need to bring those kids back out 12 hours later to do it again. I wonder what Campbell’s reason is for this cancellation.

2 hours ago, cincyswords said:

A 6A team is not able to play a JV game?  Come on Campbell.........However I guess before I start throwing stones I am assuming that there is no unusual circumstance that created this cancellation.  Perhaps there is........

In any event with most of the state playing the team they played on Friday night in the JV game Sat. morning, it leaves few teams available.  Add to that it being Highlands, I suspect its going to be a tough get this late in the week.

Two 6A teams in the first 3 weeks of the season have cancelled JV games vs. Highlands. Frederick Douglass also cancelled week 1 although they did it early enough to give enough time to find another game. 

46 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Two 6A teams in the first 3 weeks of the season have cancelled JV games vs. Highlands. Frederick Douglass also cancelled week 1 although they did it early enough to give enough time to find another game. 

Wow.......

13 hours ago, tdyballgame said:

Does there have to be a legit excuse to cancel a game? Is there some type of penalty if cancelling? Isn't that the 2nd game HHS JV that teams cancelled? So many questions!

There is no penalty for cancelling JV games other than if you do it too often, some teams won’t schedule you going forward.  Overall, it’s not hard to fill a JV game because there is no contract signed like out of district varsity games.  I will say that most of the state plays JV games on Mondays for the most part, so Saturday JV games in Kentucky limits your pool of teams.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.