Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Wildcats 2025-2026

Kentucky Basketball 2025-26? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you see the Cats 2025-2026 Season Ending?

    • National Championship
      8%
    • Final 4
      28%
    • Elite 8
      28%
    • Sweet 16
      28%
    • NCAA 2nd Round
      8%
    • NCAA 1st Round
      0%
      0
    • N.I.T or College Basketball Crown Tournaments
      0%
      0
    • Losing record (No Postseason)
      0%
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/03/2025 at 01:24 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Not shocked to see Lewis decommit. He likely would've been fighting with Noah and Perry for minutes and they wouldn't have been fighting for many minutes. 

He probably was going to be the backup point guard, so he probably would have got at least 10 to 15 minutes a game. Which with him not coming now, UK is back to not having a true backup pg. 

  • Replies 107
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • In this era, I believe every team in America is now in this mode. I do not pretend to understand recruiting, roster construction, or who mid-major transfers are. Trust the process, and hope you strike

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    My awesome wife got me this and it was delivered this afternoon. She’s a keeper I think I’ll keep her even after 38 years.?

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

Posted Images

6 hours ago, futurecoach said:

He probably was going to be the backup point guard, so he probably would have got at least 10 to 15 minutes a game. Which with him not coming now, UK is back to not having a true backup pg. 

Still plenty of time left in the transfer portal to find another PG. If Lewis felt it wasn't going to work out at UK, then I'd rather him decide now rather than being upset with how things play out during the season. Better for everyone. 

If Lewis is afraid to compete for playing time, probably don’t need him anyway.

On 4/11/2025 at 1:32 AM, futurecoach said:

He probably was going to be the backup point guard, so he probably would have got at least 10 to 15 minutes a game. Which with him not coming now, UK is back to not having a true backup pg. 

 

On 4/11/2025 at 9:45 AM, nikeman49 said:

If Lewis is afraid to compete for playing time, probably don’t need him anyway.

According to the KSR crew, Lewis was expecting to get some playing time as a freshman behind a senior portal pick up then take over the point as a sophomore. When UK signed the guy from PITT who is only a junior, that changed what Lewis was expecting, with the PITT signee potentially starting the next 2 years.

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

According to the KSR crew, Lewis was expecting to get some playing time as a freshman behind a senior portal pick up then take over the point as a sophomore. When UK signed the guy from PITT who is only a junior, that changed what Lewis was expecting, with the PITT signee potentially starting the next 2 years.

Maybe?  Or really sad to say, but maybe the money wasn’t right in his mind (see UT’s QB entering the portal.  Hate it!

3 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Maybe?  Or really sad to say, but maybe the money wasn’t right in his mind (see UT’s QB entering the portal.  Hate it!

There were rumors on X floating around that his father is facing a 5-10 years prison sentence. No idea if that's the case or not but I could definitely see that playing a part if true. 

With Garrison back, the addition of Quantenance and the Croatian, I feel much better about Kentucky's front court. Mark Pope seemingly handling his first off-season very well IMO. 

59 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

With Garrison back, the addition of Quantenance and the Croatian, I feel much better about Kentucky's front court. Mark Pope seemingly handling his first off-season very well IMO. 

Agreed it’s been a very good off season. Still need a true backup pg, preferably one that can shoot as well. 
 

I like Travis Perry and he should improve. However, I don’t want us having to rely on him as the backup pg this year like we did some this year. 

32 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed it’s been a very good off season. Still need a true backup pg, preferably one that can shoot as well. 
 

I like Travis Perry and he should improve. However, I don’t want us having to rely on him as the backup pg this year like we did some this year. 

Agreed that another backup PG would be great. But I also think that Pope will once again utilize his bigs to help distribute the ball this season. That's something that Garrison has shown glimpses of and should probably try to really work on this year. I think the Croatian and Quaintance are both capable of attacking the basket off the dribble from the 3 point line, so if those guys can distribute the ball as well that will be a big help.

We won't truly know until next season, but on paper, UK looks to have some solid depth right now. 

7 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed it’s been a very good off season. Still need a true backup pg, preferably one that can shoot as well. 
 

I like Travis Perry and he should improve. However, I don’t want us having to rely on him as the backup pg this year like we did some this year. 

I think TP is going to improve leaps and bounds.  Very optimistic about our guard situation as long as OO comes back.

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed it’s been a very good off season. Still need a true backup pg, preferably one that can shoot as well. 
 

I like Travis Perry and he should improve. However, I don’t want us having to rely on him as the backup pg this year like we did some this year. 

 

9 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Agreed that another backup PG would be great. But I also think that Pope will once again utilize his bigs to help distribute the ball this season. That's something that Garrison has shown glimpses of and should probably try to really work on this year. I think the Croatian and Quaintance are both capable of attacking the basket off the dribble from the 3 point line, so if those guys can distribute the ball as well that will be a big help.

As it stands now, I look for Pope to work hard on Chandler being the back up point guard. Perhaps work with Oweh also on being more capable at point.

I am not sure Perry is ever going to get there. He needs big improvement on defense and ball handling. At this time, I see his peak as being similar to Cameron Mills.

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

With Garrison back, the addition of Quantenance and the Croatian, I feel much better about Kentucky's front court. Mark Pope seemingly handling his first off-season very well IMO. 

I think that gives Quaintance a little more runway to get healthy. Now you don’t have to have him in the starting lineup for the first game. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.