Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arkansas at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

Arkansas vs. Kentucky 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Arkansas
      0%
      0
    • Kentucky
      100%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 02/02/2025 at 02:12 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As frustrating as Cal was towards the end of his tenure in Lexington, and I still cannot stand his arrogance, I hope he gets applause from the crowd Saturday night. He took over a program that was a dumpster fire after the Billy Clyde experiment and made it fun and successful for a long time and did A LOT, especially philanthropically, for the state and university. 

As for the game, I could see it being closer than expected; remember many of Cal's current players were wearing blue and white last year and are not just going to roll over and the current Cats are licking some wounds. I still think the Cats win comfortably but be closer than some predictions. 

  • Replies 94
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    I also hope Cal gets applause. He had a great run as coach; did some very nice philanthropic things for the state; he deserves applause. And if you don't like him, applaud because he is there and not

  • I think a modest golf clap would be sufficient. No need for hooting and hollering, although once he retires the university should put his banner up and the crowd should be loud for that.

  • Go back and watch the reception Pitino recieved when he came back with UofL. Cal is the coach of the opposite team, are any other coaches applauded? Why is this an issue. Went to the Florida game last

Posted Images

I expect a dog fight and I hope that Big Z doesn't go crazy.  All the pressure in on the CATS and I think they struggle when they have pressure (Louisville they struggled and most of their losses have been in tuff situations when they are clear favorites).  UK seems to like the under dog role and they clearly won't have that.  

Go back and watch the reception Pitino recieved when he came back with UofL. Cal is the coach of the opposite team, are any other coaches applauded? Why is this an issue. Went to the Florida game last year and that HC was booed. He's bringing a team in that is trying to hurt our chances on winning a game, a shot at the regular season championship, and hurt our chances at making the NCAA tournament.

I think most fans are waiting to see what Matt Jones tells them to do so they know if they should boo or cheer.  ?

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

I think most fans are waiting to see what Matt Jones tells them to do so they know if they should boo or cheer.  ?

Listening to him yesterday, he basically said do what you want. Outlined reasons to cheer, reasons to boo, reasons to be silent. All made sense.

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Go back and watch the reception Pitino recieved when he came back with UofL. Cal is the coach of the opposite team, are any other coaches applauded?

I'm curious what the reception for Tubby would have been had Kentucky played Minnesota that next year? Beyond the Gophers not being in the SEC, both Tubby and Cal had great success but the fans were happy to see both go. Personalities are night and day different, though, so that likely would play into the reception.

2 hours ago, okie1 said:

I expect a dog fight and I hope that Big Z doesn't go crazy.  All the pressure in on the CATS and I think they struggle when they have pressure (Louisville they struggled and most of their losses have been in tuff situations when they are clear favorites).  UK seems to like the under dog role and they clearly won't have that.  

While I understand your point, this is a unique situation. Clemson, Georgia, and Vanderbilt were all road games. Ohio State was a neutral site game. Alabama was a home game, but the opponent was clearly the superior team. This is a first.

This is a Kentucky team that is better than Arkansas, playing in Rupp Arena, in a situation where none of the players besides Travis Perry have any connection to the opposing staff. The crowd will be raucous but that's standard for big SEC games. Like you, I think the Cats have thrived in a underdog role, but I think they'll play well enough to win tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm curious what the reception for Tubby would have been had Kentucky played Minnesota that next year? Beyond the Gophers not being in the SEC, both Tubby and Cal had great success but the fans were happy to see both go. Personalities are night and day different, though, so that likely would play into the reception.

Yep. I think Tubby would have been a better comparison. Neither left in scandal and the only crime committed was that the program was not at the top of its game when it got turned over to a new regime.

I would say Tubby would’ve been a warmer reception. He was always gracious and humble. My feelings towards Cal are strictly do to the way he talked down to the fan base and then just played off losses like it’s a “whatever” thing no matter when they happen in the season. I am a fan that wants to see his team when games against big time programs and sec titles. He made his failures seem like we were insane bc we expected UK to just keep winning at a high clip year after year. Well yeah that’s why he came here in the first place. He could’ve gone back to the A10 if he didn’t think UK would help him as much as he helped UK.

3 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I would say Tubby would’ve been a warmer reception. He was always gracious and humble. My feelings towards Cal are strictly do to the way he talked down to the fan base and then just played off losses like it’s a “whatever” thing no matter when they happen in the season. I am a fan that wants to see his team when games against big time programs and sec titles. He made his failures seem like we were insane bc we expected UK to just keep winning at a high clip year after year. Well yeah that’s why he came here in the first place. He could’ve gone back to the A10 if he didn’t think UK would help him as much as he helped UK.

You might be right and don't fully disagree.

Though I will say there's been a lot of revisionist history and prisoner-of-the-moment type talk in the leadup to this game. Tubby was loathed when he was run out of town, so we see how far grace and humility got him after multiple first-weekend exits and lower seeds. Had BCG won a couple of titles, his flaws would have been excused. Breaking news, every one of these coaches is arrogant and has an ego. And I'm not hating on that, that's just the nature of the game. The Cal personality may be more to stomach when things go south so I will give you. Both seem like decent humans off the court (both very spiritual, etc.) who cared about the kids they coached.

Kentucky 90-76.

15 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Released this afternoon by Coach Pitino ahead of the Arkansas and Kentucky game.  See link. 
 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1BadpAfwhs/?mibextid=wwXIfr

Ricky should worry about his next opponent at St John’s, don’t really think anyone cares about his feelings concerning this matter.

  • Author
2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Ricky should worry about his next opponent at St John’s, don’t really think anyone cares about his feelings concerning this matter.

He did not do it on his own he was ask by Coach Pope to do it.  

Will UK do something promotional before the game at Rupp to soften the crowd against Cal?  Maybe video messages from some of Cal's great players professing love for him and loyalty to UK?  Have John Wall, Boogie, Bledsoe, Kidd-Gilcrest ect in the crowd/on the floor.

Cal did too much good (including leaving for Arkansas) to get boo'd at Rupp!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.