Kobe suspended one game

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2748084

Kobe Bryant was so stunned and angered by his one-game suspension, he took the extraordinary step Tuesday of asking NBA commissioner David Stern to convene an immediate appeal hearing.

"I'm blown away by it. It makes no sense."

-- Kobe Bryant on his suspension

As of 3 p.m. ET, the NBA Players Association was still awaiting a response from the league office.

Bryant was staying at the Lakers' team hotel just a few blocks from NBA headquarters in Manhattan, and he was on call to dash down Fifth Avenue to Stern's office if the request was granted. But barring the unlikeliest turn of events, Bryant was officially banned from Madison Square Garden for the Los Angeles' Lakers only visit of the season to play the Knicks.

The suspension, for elbowing Manu Ginobili of the Spurs while Bryant was attempting a jump shot late in the Lakers' game against the Spurs on Sunday, caught Bryant completely off-guard.

His appeal was denied. He won't be playin tonight.:mad: :mad:

Actually I heard his appeal wasn't denied there was just not enough time to have the appeal heard before the game tonight. The report said he still have the right to have the appeal heard and if the decision is set aside he will get the money back for the game he was suspended.

Actually I heard his appeal wasn't denied there was just not enough time to have the appeal heard before the game tonight. The report said he still have the right to have the appeal heard and if the decision is set aside he will get the money back for the game he was suspended.

I don't think the money is the point. He was 15 minutes away from NBA headquarters they could have made time if they wanted.

This suspension was a joke. But, it's over and done with now and I feel comfortable in saying it cost the Lakers a W...I think Kobe could have made a 5 point difference against the Knickerbockers. Oh well...I hope Manu is still alive after that vicious attack...maybe Kobe can go to UFC if his NBA career falls apart. I mean if you can KO a guy on accident, imagine what you could do if you tried...

With Kobe's past transgressions in the league, its hard not to get hit with this suspension. Two fights and the cheap shot on Mike Miller, and some of you think he's not capable of this? Maybe without those things, it appears inadvertent. With them, you know he's capable and IMO, guilty as charged.

With Kobe's past transgressions in the league, its hard not to get hit with this suspension. Two fights and the cheap shot on Mike Miller, and some of you think he's not capable of this? Maybe without those things, it appears inadvertent. With them, you know he's capable and IMO, guilty as charged.

Kobe must have some Neo-like abilities from Matrix...in a matter of about 1 second...he made the decision to KO Manu Ginobli in the face (even though he wasn't looking at him, so he must have a sixth sense to tell him where his opponents head is), and then grab the ball out of the air and shoot it again...sorry if I'm a little skeptical that he intended to whack him in the face.

Bottom line: If the NBA is going to start handing out one game suspensions for something like this, then there are going to be a lot of guys missing games in the future. And the suspension for other more blatant acts should go up.

What about the guy who grabs a rebound, swings an elbow and catches someone in the face? Is this going to result in a one-game suspension every time it happens? Give me a break. This was ridiculous. Period.

5Wide, I'm assuming you've shot your share of jump-shots; ever follow through in that manner? He was ticked Manu deflected his shot and got frustrated. Did he mean to catch him in the face? Maybe not, but he certainly meant to back-hand him. There is no other explanantion for that type of arm movement.