Question for Tubby Haters...

Hangman

Do you cheer against UK because of your dislike for Tubby Smith?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cheer against UK because of your dislike for Tubby Smith?

Do you cheer against UK because of your dislike for Tubby Smith? Would you like to see the team lose because it means they would replace him with someone else if he loses enough?

I just want to have a little idea of the mindset it takes to discredit every W and... Well... Actually seem a little excited when they lose.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that they want Tubby fired.

I don't think they take into account that if Tubby were to leave, not on his own terms, that over 50% of the team would not be back next season, and that guys like Patterson, Lucas, Stewart, and anyone else we are recruiting would go elsewhere.

FWIW, I answered no in the poll question, although I like Tubby, so the question doesn't really apply to me.

Glad to see the no's so far...

I'd just hate to see people root against their favorite team just because they don't like the coach... Just a survey to see if any of that was going on here. :D

Not saying I thought it was the case, just making sure it wasn't.

This question would be better if posted right after UK loses. I don't see many replies tonight. Seems like some people are too busy to post unless UK comes up short.
You can bump it back to the top after their next loss. When's the 1st Florida game? Feb. 10? Even as much as I hate the Gators, I'm thinking that's going to be one.

Ive questioned some of Tubby's moves in the past, but I would NEVER cheer against my beloved Cats. I would wasnt us in the championship game every year regardless of whether I liked Tubby or not. I'm not saying we should fire Tubby, but I would say that there are a handful of coaches out there I think would be a better fit for our program. I have said all along, Tubby is a great teacher, disciplinarian, gets the most out of his players. However, his recruiting, game situation decision making, and handling of high profile athletes (Rajon Rondo) is what makes him a liability to our program sometimes. He alone is not at fault, but a lot of things coming from Tubby Smith has led to a very noticable downfall in our program. Hopefully he can get things back on track and restore our rich tradition. I will always route for the C-A-T-S even though I feel Tubby can sometimes be more of a problem in the program than the answer.

I do not think a lot go out of their way to root against UK, but I feel a lot of people view games, win or loss, as a win/win situation because they can 1) be happy for a win, or 2) be happy when they lose because they can say "I told you so."

I'm not a big Tubby guy. But I want the Coach of the Wildcats to do well. If it is Tubby great! If it is somebody else then thats okay too. I never would root against UK for any reason that I can think of.

Bottomline- Tubby is not getting fired unless the 'Cats just fall completely apart and end up missing the NIT several seasons in a row or something equally as bad. That is not going to happen ever, so when he leaves it will be on his terms.

I dislike Tubby Smith because he has a hard time putting together any team chemistry, doesn't recruit that well and the level of UK has fallen over the years he's been here. I'm not asking that he must win a national championship every year but a final 4 would be nice every once in a while. And to the question, NO I don't root for UK to lose, but when they do I think that maybe they'll soon realize he's not the guy fo rthe job!

I'm not a big Tubby guy. But I want the Coach of the Wildcats to do well. If it is Tubby great! If it is somebody else then thats okay too. I never would root against UK for any reason that I can think of.

Bottomline- Tubby is not getting fired unless the 'Cats just fall completely apart and end up missing the NIT several seasons in a row or something equally as bad. That is not going to happen ever, so when he leaves it will be on his terms.

I agree................ only just making the NIT or "Not In Tournament" as I call it instead of the NCAA a few times would do it. I don't look for that to happen though. I agree that Tubby is at U.K. for as long as he wants to be at U.K..