Preached my last sermon Sunday

After 13 years I decided to leave the ministry. Not sure where God wants me to go, but am hoping I hear the call. 

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

Would you like to share why you decided to leave?

Nothing scandalous. Membership had kind of plateaued and there was a small conflict amongst some people about a year ago. I should have been able to squash it but it drug on a little bit, then this spring weekly attendance was up and down despite my teachings and appeals. Then I found myself kind of going through the motions a little bit. This led me to believe that I probably stayed two years too long. Not many Christian preachers stay at the same church for 13 years. Catholic priests do, but not typical evangelicals. 

I just prayed about it and thought it was time.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PP1 said:

After 13 years I decided to leave the ministry. Not sure where God wants me to go, but am hoping I hear the call. 

Prayers out thanking God for inspiring you to serve your mission of the past 13 years and for all you did in furthering His work and sharing His word. Praying that same inspiration and calling that led you to preaching the past 13 years now comes upon you and shows you your next path.