Scottie Scheffler Arrested at PGA

So looking at that above photo/scene of the collision, exactly who is going to be directing traffic other than a police officer?  And if there is some other authority directing traffic why would anyone feel that they have a right not to follow the directions of the person directing the traffic?  

47 minutes ago, theguru said:

So looking at that above photo/scene of the collision, exactly who is going to be directing traffic other than a police officer?  And if there is some other authority directing traffic why would anyone feel that they have a right not to follow the directions of the person directing the traffic?  

You've never been in a situation where someone other than a police officer was directing traffic?

Again, Scheffler (along with every other player going to Valhalla) had specific instructions/credentials to go into the course. It's not ridiculous to think one person in the mass of people could be misinformed on what the players were allowed to do. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

You've never been in a situation where someone other than a police officer was directing traffic?

Again, Scheffler (along with every other player going to Valhalla) had specific instructions/credentials to go into the course. It's not ridiculous to think one person in the mass of people could be misinformed on what the players were allowed to do. 

In a parking lot, but not on a main road (other than construction crews holding the big stop and slow signs) and certainly not anywhere near anything like that monstrosity. 

On the second point we have to agree to disagree. 

I can easily see looking at that photo how there could be confusion on Scheffler's part. However with Police, Fire and EMS present, anyone directing traffic should have been obeyed.

I've seen numerous times when Fire Fighters are directing traffic around accident sites just as a Police Officer would. Scheffler should have realized with EMS and Fire present this was a different situation than he pulled up to the previous day and proceeded a little more cautiously and followed and direction give to him by those directing traffic.

I don't know what direction the officer gave him or what he understood them to be. My biggest question with the officers behavior is how did he put himself in the position to take a ride on Scheffler's car?

Hopefully the video and corresponding investigation will clear up a lot of questions.

I think things are getting a little confused by where the accident happened (Gate 2) & where the Scheffler incident happened (main gate).  They are not one in the same.  They are close (400 yards), but not the same.

I think we'd have to go back to Jeff Darlington's live initial report on ESPN, even before they uploaded his video that's been posted in this thread.  I happen to get in to work early enough that I have ESPN on in the background starting at 6am, and when this story broke I stopped what I was doing to listen.  I remember JD stating that a bus/shuttle had gotten to a place where only players/caddies/media should be (as they were the only ones being let in at the time due to the accident) & they were trying to get it removed.

Based on what I've read & recall, accident happened around 5am, SS incident happened about 6am.  I'm not saying that LE would have the traffic totally under control, but they would have had a grasp on it to do what JD mentioned in his initial report in that the "main gate" would be accessible to only those who were allowed into the course at that time.

17 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I been searching for it all morning.  But I feel like I read somewhere that other players had gone the same way as SS was going to get into the course to get around the bus.

1 hour ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

I been searching for it all morning.  But I feel like I read somewhere that other players had gone the same way as SS was going to get into the course to get around the bus.

It was reported multiple times that morning that numerous other players had done the exact same thing that same morning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Hopefully the video and corresponding investigation will clear up a lot of questions.

We'll see if the video they are releasing this morning shows anything of substance, hopefully to clear some of it up.