Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 45 Ryle 43 (9th Region)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    I don't think that is his point, Sixer.  

  • Looks like Newport committed 17 fouls, Ryle committed 19.  Newport was taking it to the basket a lot more than Ryle, there for more foul shots.  Ryle also committed about four fouls in the last 30 sec

  • Hollywood23
    Hollywood23

    The 16th region refs sure let them play very physical game. Big second half for Kinney makes all the difference in this one.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

Snapp over reacting to calls is nothing new. He looked like a total buffoon during the Highlands game Friday night on a couple calls. One where the official had to call him back to the front of the bench. Newport is very good and can overcome games where they have poor shooting.

I actually go to some of the Newport games just to be entertained by his antics.....  I think its very comical.

The issue I had was the players and fans were feeding off his antics. It was a decently close game still in the 3rd quarter. He needs to compose himself more if they’re going to make a run to the title.

25 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

The issue I had was the players and fans were feeding off his antics. It was a decently close game still in the 3rd quarter. He needs to compose himself more if they’re going to make a run to the title.

Didn't they just win the all A title?

Yes, he is emotional. But look at how he coaches the team. He did a great job coaching Newport through that game last night with the way he made adjustments and called his time outs.

Ryle executed the game plan well but just not quite enough to pull the upset. It was an interesting decision by Coach Snapp to foul Evan up by two with less than 20 seconds left since he have struggled from the line. Turned out to be a good decision rather than potentially losing by 1 on a 3-pointer. I don’t remember seeing that strategy employed before  in a 2-point game. Congrats to Newport for surviving and I was proud of the Raiders’ grit and effort.

6 minutes ago, StraightShooter said:

Ryle executed the game plan well but just not quite enough to pull the upset. It was an interesting decision by Coach Snapp to foul Evan up by two with less than 20 seconds left since he have struggled from the line. Turned out to be a good decision rather than potentially losing by 1 on a 3-pointer. I don’t remember seeing that strategy employed before  in a 2-point game. Congrats to Newport for surviving and I was proud of the Raiders’ grit and effort.

I don't remember that foul being on purpose. Wasn't that a reaching in foul by Covington on an attempted steal?

Thanks VOR. I was going by radio play-by-play commentary and not in attendance. A comment was made that the strategy worked. 

Very good article on this game on LINKy. I don’t know how to copy and paste it here.

  • Author

@Voice of Reason @StraightShooter the foul was on purpose, but Newport was up 3 and not 2. Ryle made first free throw missed 2nd on purpose down by 2 but did not get rebound. Newport got rebound was fouled missed both free-throws that gave Ryle another chance. Ryle turned ball over fouled again with 2 more misses than Newport got offensive rebound and clock expired.

  • Author

Ryle had 2 free-throws again with 13 seconds and down 2 but made 1 missed 1 I think that is one @StraightShooter was referring to and that one was not intentional. Both teams missed a lot of free-throws at crunch time. Newport was 2 for 8 in last minute from the line. I do not know how Newport won this game to be honest.

1 hour ago, LouHSJunkie said:

Ryle had 2 free-throws again with 13 seconds and down 2 but made 1 missed 1 I think that is one @StraightShooter was referring to and that one was not intentional. Both teams missed a lot of free-throws at crunch time. Newport was 2 for 8 in last minute from the line. I do not know how Newport won this game to be honest.

Yes, correct. That foul at 13 seconds is what I was talking about above. That foul by Newport was not on purpose.

The foul by Newport up 3 with 5 seconds left is the one that was on purpose.

 

16 hours ago, LouHSJunkie said:

Newport shot 32 freethrows Ryle Shot 14. Newport pressed Ryle played Zone. Smh. Make it make sense. Really sad to be honest.

Newport was much more aggressive going to the basket, which has more to do with getting fouls than the style of defense you play.  Many times zones, especially by teams that do not play them regularly leads to reaching on defense as players try to drive in seams.  While I was not overly impressed with the officials I do not think they favored one way or the other.  Some good calls and some bad calls both ways.

  • Author

@cincyswords I disagree which is fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Ryle only shooting 14 free-throws with as rough and physical that Newport was being in their press to me is not right. 

  • Author

Actually 18 is biggest margin of any game I have done this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.