Open Job: Russell County

Had a little birdie tell me today that it is in fact Foley and will be announced tomorrow. While I trust the person that this information is coming from it wouldn't be the first time that I had reliable information that ended up being false. So I guess time will tell but hold on to you seats this may be getting interesting.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheGameIsComplicated said:

Can anyone think of one reason Foley would leave SW for Russell at this point? I have genuinely tried all morning and can't come up with one.

$$$$$$$.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheGameIsComplicated said:

Can anyone think of one reason Foley would leave SW for Russell at this point? I have genuinely tried all morning and can't come up with one.

Coe's in Russell Springs has the best Catfish in the state, that could be a strong reason on its own!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DearToday said:

$$$$$$$.

At a quick glance, for a 10 year teacher at Rank 2, SW's district is actually around $300.00 more on the certified teacher salary schedule. I don't know Foley's certification credentials specifically but I thought that was a good gauge for salary comparison. I did not look up football money because that takes slightly more digging but It would be hard for me to imagine RC paying more than SW's district on the supplement side.

Just now, TheGameIsComplicated said:

At a quick glance, for a 10 year teacher at Rank 2, SW's district is actually around $300.00 more on the certified teacher salary schedule. I don't know Foley's certification credentials specifically but I thought that was a good gauge for salary comparison. I did not look up football money because that takes slightly more digging but It would be hard for me to imagine RC paying more than SW's district on the supplement side.

Russell Co is a one district town, they can pay people whatever they want.  SW has to pay what the PCBOE sets for both SW and PC.  

Now RC has to be willing to make those moves, but it can and has been done to hire people you want.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Russell Co is a one district town, they can pay people whatever they want.  SW has to pay what the PCBOE sets for both SW and PC.  

Now RC has to be willing to make those moves, but it can and has been done to hire people you want.  

I would be very surprised, and excited for RC, if they decided to make these moves. I could be wrong, but I don't recall a time that RC has really sold out for a coach. They have made strong investments with facilities upgrades recently and it would be a great time to really go get a guy worth some money, Foley or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGameIsComplicated said:

The mighty dollar could be one? The fact that he is from there maybe? Not saying they are good reasons but they are reasons to leave SW for Russell.

• Like 1