Open Job: Russell County

I always thought the Russell County job had/has potential. Being the only school in the city/county is a positive as it is much easier to get things done. However, Russell County district  with Boyle, Taylor, Wayne, and Lincoln is rough. If you do beat 3 of the 4 you get Corbin first round of playoffs.

2 hours ago, TheGameIsComplicated said:

At a quick glance, for a 10 year teacher at Rank 2, SW's district is actually around $300.00 more on the certified teacher salary schedule. I don't know Foley's certification credentials specifically but I thought that was a good gauge for salary comparison. I did not look up football money because that takes slightly more digging but It would be hard for me to imagine RC paying more than SW's district on the supplement side.

School systems, boosters, and parents can't get done whatever they want to get done in the grand scheme of things. 

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

School systems, boosters, and parents can't get done whatever they want to get done in the grand scheme of things. 

Agreed. But it would require those groups to actually do something substantially new to them and that is where I think the challenge lies. One horse towns can certainly move easier and faster making changes like these but is the desire among these groups truly there to go make these changes and spend the dough?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DearToday said:

Russell Co. HFC stipend is 10,000. Which, off the top of my head, is maybe $500 more than SW’s/Pulaski.

4 hours ago, StudRB said:

Just heard Steven French got the job. Anyone else hear this? If so, excellent hire for Russell County. 

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Thanks @StudRB!

Is anyone able to confirm?

I just heard the same thing.

Anyone have the official announcement?