Christian County has named Ethan Atchley head football coach.

Per YourSportsEdge, Ethan Atchley was named head football coach at Christian County this afternoon, replacing interim head coach Zach Self, who took over the program during the 2022 season and remained in the role this past season.

Congratulations and good luck to Coach Atchley and the Colonels!

I still think this is a good job, especially after consolidation as long as you can get guys in the hallways onto the field. 
County has had some good teams over the years. 
Best of luck Coach Atchley!

7 hours ago, Westernside said:

Where did he coach last year?

1 hour ago, barrel said:

Frankfort I believe. Bullit East and LCA before that if I’m thinking of the same person. 

28 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

You are correct.  

I thought 2022 was his only season at Frankfort. It was my understanding that instead of coaching for the past year he was working for a company that helped athletes make NIL deals.

• Like 1

I get that this guy can coach and has built some programs to be extremely successful but it seems like there are some issues that he has.  Hopefully he has learned from them because I believe in 2nd chances but he seems to be on his 4th or 5th at this point.  Good luck to him going forward.

2 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I get that this guy can coach and has built some programs to be extremely successful but it seems like there are some issues that he has.  Hopefully he has learned from them because I believe in 2nd chances but he seems to be on his 4th or 5th at this point.  Good luck to him going forward.

I'm sure Christian County did their reference checks.