Michigan 34 Washington 13 (CFP Championship)

• 16thBBall Fan changed the title to Michigan 34 Washington 13 (CFP Championship)

Michigan was just flat out too physical on both sides of the ball, which I thought was likely going to happen before the game. Kudos to 
Michigan though, they proved there are clearly and unanimously #1. Washington was by no means a slump and a solid #2, no worse than #3. Michigan was the real deal this season, congratulations to them and their fans on getting the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

All the more reason I am glad the playoffs are expanding. 

Yes and looking forward to it. After tonight and beating Alabama, I do believe Michigan is clearly the #1 team though.

• Like 1

Washington missed a handful of opportunities to make this a great game, they just didn’t execute any of them. Michigan was pretty clearly the much better team, even if they did cheat to get there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Yes and looking forward to it. After tonight and beating Alabama, I do believe Michigan is clearly the #1 team though.

I would like to see Michigan play Georgia but yes we have to hand it to Michigan with no strings attached, they are the champs and they earned it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Washington missed a handful of opportunities to make this a great game, they just didn’t execute any of them. Michigan was pretty clearly the much better team, even if they did cheat to get there. 

I am so tired of hearing about cheating and Michigan.  Not from you Deuce, just in general. 

• Like 3

Not a shocking outcome, in the least. I was perplexed going into the game by how small the spread was and how many people believed Washington had a chance. The Huskies missed out on some opportunities (much of that was caused by UM's pressure), but I think they played as well as they could defensively. Once they settled in after the first quarter, Michigan only had one drive on them of any consequence.

9 hours ago, theguru said:

I am so tired of hearing about cheating and Michigan.  Not from you Deuce, just in general. 

Same, lol. 

The fascination with Michigan "cheating" is what happens when someone outside of the "usual" group succeeds. In sports and in life. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is how good Michigan was this year.

1. They did not trail at halftime in a single game all year.

2. They only trailed in a game a total of 41 minutes all season.

Play somebody! 😂

• Haha 2

I did find the game a fun watch. It didn't feel decided till the 4th quarter. Penix and the offense were just missing on several big play opportunities so it felt like it could happen at any time. Such a contrast in style between the teams and the way the game was playing out that it was interesting from that aspect.

• Like 2