Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Rose Hill predictions Jan 23rd

Who wins? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The games outcome will depend on how physical the refs let the game get. The more physical the game the more advantage to the Tomcats. Whats with the ref's one game you cant touch anyone and the next you can mame and maul??? No consistency.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what is the route of this years edition of "transportation provided" to all Rose Hill students???? Is it truly a bus for ANY student?

 

Rose Hill runs a van to Grayson and has for years. There is a sign up list and the families that use the service provide the necessary financing.

 

Before everyone starts going down this road I think it is important to put things in perspective. According to today's local paper, some public schools in the area get more students from out of district than Rose Hill has students. Just food for thought.

 

http://www.dailyindependent.com/local/local_story_021005056.html

So, what is the route of this years edition of "transportation provided" to all Rose Hill students???? Is it truly a bus for ANY student?

 

I understand that it is. Do you know a student who needs a ride?

The games outcome will depend on how physical the refs let the game get. The more physical the game the more advantage to the Tomcats. Whats with the ref's one game you cant touch anyone and the next you can mame and maul??? No consistency.

 

So the best thing the refs can do is what? Let'em play, call every touch, bump...this would be a good "poll" "How would you like to see the games called?"

 

There is a good chance that consistancy will never happen on a game to game basis. There are thousands that officiate across the country and they all call different.

 

We must only hope that a game (singular) is called the same from start to finish. This is consistancy. The players and coach's see how the officials are calling the game (singular) in the beginning, then adjust to the officiating in hopes that it is called the same the entire game.

 

Some refs call it close, some make tic-tac calls and some just call the obvious, protect the shooters and keep the game under control and let the kids play.

 

If every bump was called, the Varsity Game would be played by the J.V. players...The fans probably don't want to see two J.V. Games...just an opinion.

Rose Hill runs a van to Grayson and has for years. There is a sign up list and the families that use the service provide the necessary financing.

 

Before everyone starts going down this road I think it is important to put things in perspective. According to today's local paper, some public schools in the area get more students from out of district than Rose Hill has students. Just food for thought.

 

http://www.dailyindependent.com/local/local_story_021005056.html

Now exactly why is that some of these public schools are complaining that the private schools dont have a TRUE district?

The games outcome will depend on how physical the refs let the game get. The more physical the game the more advantage to the Tomcats. Whats with the ref's one game you cant touch anyone and the next you can mame and maul??? No consistency.

I totally agree with this post! :thumb:

And she is precisely the one I had in mind when I posted. :D

 

I just couldn't resist...and I could have written the responses that I knew would be forthcoming. I'll try and do better.:sssh:

 

That Gerty - she's a pantaloon ruffler from way back. :thumb:

 

 

Frances

The poll was a wonderful idea because it brought a response from GIAT. We all miss GIAT. You can be sure that he has some strong opinions on the subject of the poll. On the other hand, he just may agree with me that the game is a mistake.

Scooter, no matter how hard you try, I really don't think your gonna get him to talk. :lol:

With or without pay? Seriously, I think I speak for a goodly number of rose Hillers when I say that we miss him. He adds a lot of color to BGP even though that color is always a disturbing shade of maroon.

 

Great question, my guess is with pay if you will stop by and get a I LOVE GIAT shirt from his work place.:banana:

 

Now that's funny Scooterbob...laugh with me just once please.

I guarentee you he still gets on here and reads.

I guarentee you he still gets on here and reads.

 

Or has someone read it to him. :D I will echo scooterbob in that I miss him being on here. I'm sure I will see him tomorrow and hopefully he will treat me with the proper hospitality.

I hope that all participants are healthy! I hope we get an evenly officiated contest. I hope there is a measure of civility out of both student sections. And I hope that the adults act likewise. I've often said of little league games, that if they were played under a bubble with the parents outside looking in but unable to "interject", the games would be better. I hope that after this one I don't have that same feeling. Good luck to both teams!:thumb: And since this is a prediction thread, I'll say it's a 3 pt. Rose Hill victory. If Rose Hill loses by 20+, I'll venture into Ashland Sporting Goods and ask them to make me a maroon t-shirt with "Wireman is a Genius" on the front.

I have agreed with scooterbob from the start. Rose Hill is at least a year away.:thumb: Elliott should win next year, if not this year.

 

Ashland by at least 7 and it could get ugly.:fire: :fight:

 

 

I'll stick with my pre-season picks:

 

1. Russell

2. Elliott

2. Ashland

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.