Ashland/Rose Hill predictions Jan 23rd

Who wins?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I just deleted a post because I'm not going to let you pull me down to that level.

Good luck to both teams and I'm glad we're playing Tuesday!

Strange post- even from onetoya. What do "levels" have to do with anything? Your overreaction would lead me to believe that I have hit a nerve which really is of no surprise.

As for the game, I am a realist with a good knowledge and memory of history. When you seek something that you think is something of value, you bargain. You do not surrender your principles.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will remain consistent and again state that the game is a mistake on the part of Rose Hill. I have stated my reasons before and they have not changed. The percentages are not by any stretch of reality favorable to Rose Hill.

I normally agree with Rickyp's posts. However, I absolutely disagree with his #2 post above. Recent history, at all levels, indicates that his euphoria is wishful thinking and ill-advised.

If somehow Rose Hill manages an upset win, it will not change my opinion whatsoever.

I've been trying to decide who you remind me of the most. Lou Holtz or Digger Phelps. :sssh:

Dont panic just because the YOUNG royals had a minor set back. We all knew that this was going to be a season where they can beat anyone, and get beat by anyone. They are making progress faster than any of us thought they would at this point. I believe they will bounce back and have a good game at Ashland. Although a win would be great, I think a strong showing would be just as good at this point in the season on Ashlands floor. Russell didnt panic when they got beat by Boyd Co. and the royals shouldnt now. It is disappointing not to get to go to EKU but they will have many more chances. Keep your head up and play the game. young teams dont have pressure its the teams with the seniors that have all the pressure. :thumb: :thumb: They have been plenty of good teams that lost a game they felt they shouldnt have. Ashland Beat Greenup County by I believe 54 in 1975 in regular season but guess who knocked of the Tomcats in the Region Semifinals. Anything can happen, thats what makes the game what it is.

Strange post- even from onetoya. What do "levels" have to do with anything? Your overreaction would lead me to believe that I have hit a nerve which really is of no surprise.

As for the game, I am a realist with a good knowledge and memory of history. When you seek something that you think is something of value, you bargain. You do not surrender your principles.

New coach new view.....Lets leave it at that and stop being so negative:thumb:

Fraley will have the troops a rockin'...this game comes down to the following:

1. Rose Hill's weapons vs. Ashland's weapons = advantage R.H.

2. Ashland's experience vs. R.H. experience = adv. Ash.

Final Score R.H. 55 Ash. 54. Two FT's at the end...that's the difference

I predict the following

1. It will be a big crowd with a great atmosphere

2. There will be a lot of crying about the refs

3. There will be a lot of turnovers

4. Coach Biggs will play Rose Hill straight up and if he has any Junk Defense, he will save it for when it really counts

5. If 4 is true, that will give Rose Hill a shot to win, but in the end, I think Mcdavid and Thomas"s experience will give them the edge over the young Royals- this time

Ashland by 5-7 in a fairly high scoring game unless Dakota and Chad combine for 50+

Please show me a basketball game where there isn't a lot of crying about the refs.

Rickyp, consider the source of the thread. Its easy to crow when you are high on the Mountain Top. Has he now become a basketball guru? Dont let this poster get under your skin.

Nothings under my skin but you might as well predict that the goals will be 10' high.

Fraley will have the troops a rockin'...this game comes down to the following:

1. Rose Hill's weapons vs. Ashland's weapons = advantage R.H.

2. Ashland's experience vs. R.H. experience = adv. Ash.

Final Score R.H. 55 Ash. 54. Two FT's at the end...that's the difference[/QUO

This post doesn't make sense. First of all Ashland has more "weapons" than Rose Hill. Rose Hill has 2 really good players that score 80 % of their points, and Fuller gets the leftovers. While Ashland has more than 3 players that can score. While Rose Hill's "main" players may be better than Ashland's "main" players the supporting cast is not even close.

Second of all bith teams have just as much experience as the other. Chad and DAkota have played in so many AAU games it's rediculous. I doubt Ashland's gym and crowd will scare them. It will be a good game though.:sssh: