Ashland/Rose Hill predictions Jan 23rd

Who wins?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

An in-county rival is quite a bit different than Doss on a neutral court. I don't have anything against Rose Hill, that's just my prediction.

What was your prediction on the Raceland/Rose Hill game?? Did you even have one?

It will be interesting to see if a healthier/different Chad Jackson shows up for this game!! Also, IMO Ashland does not have anyone that can do the job that Matt Phillips of Raceland did on Euton.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that all participants are healthy! I hope we get an evenly officiated contest. I hope there is a measure of civility out of both student sections. And I hope that the adults act likewise. I've often said of little league games, that if they were played under a bubble with the parents outside looking in but unable to "interject", the games would be better. I hope that after this one I don't have that same feeling. Good luck to both teams!:thumb: And since this is a prediction thread, I'll say it's a 3 pt. Rose Hill victory. If Rose Hill loses by 20+, I'll venture into Ashland Sporting Goods and ask them to make me a maroon t-shirt with "Wireman is a Genius" on the front.

I surely believe that you are expecting too much out of the Ashland student section. The kids and fans may want to think that being loud, rude and sometimes vulgar is "school spirit", but truly it is offensive.:argue: :fight:

And it definitely will take away from what I consider is a "highly anticipated" game that many fans may be able to watch and enjoy basketball if not for a few idiots making everyone else from that school look as bad.

Again, let me reiterate my thoughts and hope that the fans do the same.

Do the words CIVIL and STUDENT SECTION go hand in hand? I don't believe so. However, I think it is fun. Honestly, I don't think a student section should be civil!! Let the student sections have their fun. At least they are showing their school spirit. My advice to those who don't like what they do is to sit far from them.

What was your prediction on the Raceland/Rose Hill game?? Did you even have one?

It will be interesting to see if a healthier/different Chad Jackson shows up for this game!! Also, IMO Ashland does not have anyone that can do the job that Matt Phillips of Raceland did on Euton.

I would have predicted a good close game at Raceland, but would have expected Rose Hill to win. That being said, that would've been based on what I have seen on here because I haven't had a chance to watch either team play yet. I have watched Ashland play.

I surely believe that you are expecting too much out of the Ashland student section.

Back during the "OJ days" the Ashland student section was actually pretty respectful to the RH players and fans. Sure, they were rowdy, ESPN was there for a game or two, but there was nothing vulgar said and the chants were nothing like they were for the boyd, russell etc. games. I expect the same this year.

That was my resolution. I think we actually made it two weeks or so, which might be a new record on here during the season.

I have in my possession a new Royal Blue shirt, XL in size, anxiously awaiting some screenprinting.