Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Rose Hill predictions Jan 23rd

Who wins? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

An in-county rival is quite a bit different than Doss on a neutral court. I don't have anything against Rose Hill, that's just my prediction.

 

What was your prediction on the Raceland/Rose Hill game?? Did you even have one?

 

It will be interesting to see if a healthier/different Chad Jackson shows up for this game!! Also, IMO Ashland does not have anyone that can do the job that Matt Phillips of Raceland did on Euton.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show me a basketball game where there isn't a lot of crying about the refs.

No one does more crying then RUSSELL!!!

I hope that all participants are healthy! I hope we get an evenly officiated contest. I hope there is a measure of civility out of both student sections. And I hope that the adults act likewise. I've often said of little league games, that if they were played under a bubble with the parents outside looking in but unable to "interject", the games would be better. I hope that after this one I don't have that same feeling. Good luck to both teams!:thumb: And since this is a prediction thread, I'll say it's a 3 pt. Rose Hill victory. If Rose Hill loses by 20+, I'll venture into Ashland Sporting Goods and ask them to make me a maroon t-shirt with "Wireman is a Genius" on the front.

I surely believe that you are expecting too much out of the Ashland student section. The kids and fans may want to think that being loud, rude and sometimes vulgar is "school spirit", but truly it is offensive.:argue: :fight:

And it definitely will take away from what I consider is a "highly anticipated" game that many fans may be able to watch and enjoy basketball if not for a few idiots making everyone else from that school look as bad.

 

Again, let me reiterate my thoughts and hope that the fans do the same.

Do the words CIVIL and STUDENT SECTION go hand in hand? I don't believe so. However, I think it is fun. Honestly, I don't think a student section should be civil!! Let the student sections have their fun. At least they are showing their school spirit. My advice to those who don't like what they do is to sit far from them.

What was your prediction on the Raceland/Rose Hill game?? Did you even have one?

 

It will be interesting to see if a healthier/different Chad Jackson shows up for this game!! Also, IMO Ashland does not have anyone that can do the job that Matt Phillips of Raceland did on Euton.

 

I would have predicted a good close game at Raceland, but would have expected Rose Hill to win. That being said, that would've been based on what I have seen on here because I haven't had a chance to watch either team play yet. I have watched Ashland play.

Should be a great game. I give Ashland the nod due to home court and experience, but a Rose Hill win would not surprise me at all.

I surely believe that you are expecting too much out of the Ashland student section.

 

 

Back during the "OJ days" the Ashland student section was actually pretty respectful to the RH players and fans. Sure, they were rowdy, ESPN was there for a game or two, but there was nothing vulgar said and the chants were nothing like they were for the boyd, russell etc. games. I expect the same this year.

I put racist comments in with vulgar language.

Looks like yet another 16th region thread that will be closed. There's goes my New Year's resolution.

Looks like yet another 16th region thread that will be closed. There's goes my New Year's resolution.

 

Well, they have only suspended about 3 people over the game so far,

anyone know what the record is?

Just like the good 'ole days:jump:

Well, they have only suspended about 3 people over the game so far,

anyone know what the record is?

Just like the good 'ole days:jump:

 

I didn't realize that, but I see it now. Not sure what the record is.

Your New Years Resoluton was to not have a 16th thread locked this year? That's a mistake. :eek:

Can't wait for the game tonight, should be a great game and great atmosphere. I'd expect to see the tomcat student section out in full force after they silenced themselves with ducktape against Fleming county.

Your New Years Resoluton was to not have a 16th thread locked this year? That's a mistake. :eek:

 

That was my resolution. I think we actually made it two weeks or so, which might be a new record on here during the season.

That was my resolution. I think we actually made it two weeks or so, which might be a new record on here during the season.

I have in my possession a new Royal Blue shirt, XL in size, anxiously awaiting some screenprinting.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.