Johnson Central at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Johnson Central (9-3)
    • Covington Catholic (12-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

8 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

1) So Johnson Central held Breathitt County's offense to 10 yards in their game?? Breathitt had almost 120 yards against Beechwood this past Friday. 10 yards? TEN??

2) I'm shocked that Johnson Central allowed Dohn Community to have as many yards as they did.

3) Cov Cath's defensive performance last week wasn't their best. I'm sure Coach Brown and company have been doing plenty to let the team know that and to correct mistakes.

4) If I'm Coach Eviston, I may well be logging onto Hudl and studying both of the Boyd County games. Boyd County passed above their average in both games against Johnson Central, and they managed to cut down JC's scoring margin by 25 points in the rematch. 👀

5) If I'm Coach Peck, I'm spending some time reviewing film from the Cov Cath/Highlands game. Highlands is the only team this season that had an above-average rushing game against Cov Cath. 

10 yards in a game? I'm gonna go ahead and assume JC didn't pull their starters. Kinda crazy considering the 41 point shutout.

The first rain shower of the day finished up here in Ft. Wright about an hour ago. I'm just over a mile from the stadium. It wasn't much...the pavement is already dry outside of my house.

The Weather Channel shows rain setting in at about 10am and letting up around 6pm, with chance of rain dropping to 10% starting about an hour before kickoff. Channel 5, Channel 9, and Channel 12 news all shows basically the same. Looks like we ought to be more or less dry come game-time.

I'd assume Coach Harpo will have his Easybake Oven fired up over on the Cov Cath sideline along with a big ol pile of towels to keep the footballs nice and dry for the Colonels.

Cjx5rMR.jpg

From CovCath Football Alumni on Facebook:

We've got a big football game coming up tomorrow night in Park Hills! The Golden Eagles from Johnson Central are making the 3-hour trip up from Paintsville to take on our Colonels. These are some tough mountain boys who really know how to run the ball hard - they're the #1 rushing team in 4A football, and the #2 rushing team overall in the state. Let's pack the house at Dennis Griffin Stadium and cheer the Colonels onward to victory!

It's a blackout night in Park Hills, so be sure to come decked out in your black Cov Cath gear!

#WithASpiritThatWillNotDie

#WASTWND

#RollColonels

7:30pm

Art's Rental Field at Dennis Griffin Stadium

covcath.org/athletics/athletics-tickets ($4/$8)

colonel-athletic-network.mixlr.com/ (Free)

covcath.org/athletics/can ($10)

SERIES RECORD:

2006 Cov Cath beat Johnson Central 38-14

2008 Johnson Central beat Cov Cath 49-14

2009 Johnson Central beat Cov Cath 51-32

2010 Johnson Central beat Cov Cath 41-28

2012 Cov Cath beat Johnson Central 45-15

2013 Cov Cath beat Johnson Central 42-14

2014 Cov Cath beat Johnson Central 19-7

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

I do have a question about that.  How fast would a bus have to travel to make it from Johnson Central High School to Covington Catholic High School in 3 hours. 

They'd have to average 62 mph, which by bus seems ambitious. 

I've ridden with a team to and from Paintsville - seemed like it took forever. I don't remember Mountain Parkway, though it was a lovely drive during Apple Festival season; this was back in the mid 70s.

Screenshot_20231117-132726__01.jpg

2 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

They'd have to average 62 mph, which by bus seems ambitious. 

I've ridden with a team to and from Johnson Central - seemed like it took forever. I don't remember Mountain Parkway though; this was back in the mid 70s.

Screenshot_20231117-132726__01.jpg

I guess I would want to break down how long it takes to get from JC to the interstate and then how long it takes to get from the Kyle's Lane exit to CCH.  I think when you add those two in you are probably looking at 70mph + which is super ambitious. 

• Like 1