Johnson Central at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Johnson Central (9-3)
    • Covington Catholic (12-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, Valmet said:

Even though it would be a really tall order this year, Johnson Central has made 6 of the last 8 4a title games being one dimensional. It seems to work there.

This coincidentally occurred once CovCath and Highlands moved out of their class. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 6:07 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Can't imagine you can win at this level, against this kind of balanced opponent, being (virtually) completely one-dimensional.  

Teams across the country win at high levels running WingT/Wishbone/Flexbone/Single Wing offenses.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

I still have nightmares about the 08, 09, and 10 games. Chance of rain Friday night would benefit Johnson Central. CovCath needs to be ready for a physical game.

On the bright side, No JJ Jude to worry about. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 7:22 AM, TheConch said:

This coincidentally occurred once CovCath and Highlands moved out of their class. 

They're 3-4 all-time against Covington Catholic in the playoffs. Their record against Highlands (0-4) isn't quite a good.

With how well and efficient Cov Cath is playing on offense and at QB, I think if JC punts more than twice, the game is over. I’m sure they will rip off some big runs like Ashland did and have a nice day rushing, but they definitely have a lot of pressure on them not to go backwards on 1st and 2nd down and get in 3rd and long. 

I think Cov Cath wins something like 38-28. 

5 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

They're 3-4 all-time against Covington Catholic in the playoffs. Their record against Highlands (0-4) isn't quite a good.

With CovCath winning the last 3. Those 2 schools left, and then they started winning state. Just pointing out a fact. And now, CovCath has a far superior staff than CCH had when they beat JC the last 3 times, not to mention a far, far superior program and culture all together. 

Colonels win 4 straight with a 42-13 victory this Friday. 

On 11/14/2023 at 9:25 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

I think all 4 losses to Highlands was during Highlands' 6 titles in a row run. Man they were good.