Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/03/2023 at 10:45 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1st round of the playoffs are here. Danville (0-10) travels 116 miles north to clash with Beechwood (9-1). Who wins this game and why? Can Danville slow down Beechwood’s high powered offense and get the upset? Beechwood’s journey for Title #4 in a row begins this week. 

  • Replies 81
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DanvilleFan
    DanvilleFan

    I miss the Admirals-Highlands games.  Under Harp there were some barnburners that went into multiple OTs and were just amazing to watch.

  • Sheaarnold08
    Sheaarnold08

    Its sad to think that in my lifetime this is now a first round matchup. What's even sadder is the combined number of wins is 9... All thanks to Beechwood!!  What should be a very late round playoff, o

  • I think if Danville won this game it would be one of the biggest upsets in state history.

Posted Images

Its sad to think that in my lifetime this is now a first round matchup. What's even sadder is the combined number of wins is 9... All thanks to Beechwood!!  What should be a very late round playoff, or state title game, is now a first round matter of fact win for Beechwood.  Not a happy time to be an Admiral alum! 

Also weird to see as a first round game!  Beechwood names their score to move to round 2.

This season has been hard to watch as a Danville fan but I saw it coming in the spring.  Still not easy to stomach.  I feel bad for the athletes.  Never seen such low energy around the program.  I wonder how it's affecting other sports programs at the school financially because football is always what drove that.

I hope the next Danville superintendent holds those accountable who created this mess.

Seems fitting the the worst season in Danville's long history would end playing one of the best teams in it's class in round 1.  Echo everything DFan said it's sad that the only people NOT responsible for this mess, the players, are the ones paying for it.  Their season can't end soon enough. 

Danville historically bad, and losing their tempers to boot. Bardstown took out all of their starters at the half last night because they were starting to retaliate for grossly late hits, etc. Be mindful.

2 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

Also weird to see as a first round game!  Beechwood names their score to move to round 2.

This season has been hard to watch as a Danville fan but I saw it coming in the spring.  Still not easy to stomach.  I feel bad for the athletes.  Never seen such low energy around the program.  I wonder how it's affecting other sports programs at the school financially because football is always what drove that.

I hope the next Danville superintendent holds those accountable who created this mess.

Unfortunately energy, enthusiasm, and motivation isn’t the same with many in several other programs now too and I believe it’s more of a widespread thing everywhere, including outside of Kentucky. It’s definitely broader with the community supports outside of coaching too. I’ll always remain a high school football fan and a supporter of my team, regardless of the ups and downs. We need far more of this as a whole now more than ever.

This has to be the weirdest looking first round matchup ever. Who would of thought it.

Beechwood would have to try really, really hard not to hang 60 on Danville.

Feel bad for the Ads. 10 years ago they were playing Highlands this late in the season for a game that actually made a difference in playoff standings.

2 minutes ago, Weasbird91 said:

Feel bad for the Ads. 10 years ago they were playing Highlands this late in the season for a game that actually made a difference in playoff standings.

I miss the Admirals-Highlands games.  Under Harp there were some barnburners that went into multiple OTs and were just amazing to watch.

So I am not an expert on seeding, but I do recall that, back in the 1990s when I was in school, there were teams that did not make the playoffs. How has Danville, with a record of 0-9, qualified for the playoffs? 

8 minutes ago, PP1 said:

So I am not an expert on seeding, but I do recall that, back in the 1990s when I was in school, there were teams that did not make the playoffs. How has Danville, with a record of 0-9, qualified for the playoffs? 

They qualify because the KHSAA has their sports (all sports, not just football) set up as post season tournaments that every team possible qualifies for. Everyone is in with a few exceptions.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:54 PM, Weasbird91 said:

Feel bad for the Ads. 10 years ago they were playing Highlands this late in the season for a game that actually made a difference in playoff standings.

You don't even have to back 10 years. Just 6 years ago, the 2017 2A state champion was the Danville Admirals.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

They qualify because the KHSAA has their sports (all sports, not just football) set up as post season tournaments that every team possible qualifies for. Everyone is in with a few exceptions.

So, if you know, how does one not qualify for the playoffs?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.