NKY Preseason Top 10 Teams / Players

40 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

I just heard that a few of them have decided not to play to focus on other sports. I call doo doo on the other sports thing. I think it's something else.

I have heard that on the boys side at Highlands, but this is the first I'm hearing it on the girls side.  Any details?

19 hours ago, Hoops Junkie said:

I have heard that on the boys side at Highlands, but this is the first I'm hearing it on the girls side.  Any details?

Agreed, I was aware of the few boys that were leaving (and the unsubstantiated rumors of why), but I hadn't heard anything like that on the girls' side, and I can't imagine the reasons for that at this late hour.  Especially odd "losing a few more last week", which means they planned on playing up until the first week of practice and then bailed?  Shocking to me.

I saw Highlands this summer, they have / had some solid guards around Marissa, I'll be interested to see if there is anything to this when the dust settles.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:23 AM, Walter_White said:

Something else or someone else?

Lol. Probably hearing what you're hearing. The ole saying, our school has kids walking the Halls that could be helping our program rings true at Highlands. Especially maybe Girls Basketball. Weird how other Girls sports don't suffer. Or maybe they all suffer. Softball does well right? When was the last time the Girls Basketball team has won a Regional Title? I seriously have no clue.

8 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Lol. Probably hearing what you're hearing. The ole saying, our school has kids walking the Halls that could be helping our program rings true at Highlands. Especially maybe Girls Basketball. Weird how other Girls sports don't suffer. Or maybe they all suffer. Softball does well right? When was the last time the Girls Basketball team has won a Regional Title? I seriously have no clue.

2000-2001 they went back to back.

2000- lost in opening round to Manual

2001- lost in QF to Henderson County

Region Runner up in 2002

On 10/20/2023 at 3:08 PM, 1992Rebel said:

Let me guess…Conner and Hamilton need to be higher?

Go ahead and post your rankings! Love to see how bad mine were compared to the real answers. 

It’s obvious you don’t know me very well or at all, I have ZERO bias whether I have a kid on a team or not! Yes I’m a Conner fan but I’m more critical on my own than I am anyone else. Since you singled out Conner and Hamilton then I will comment on that.

In regards to Conner! They have huge voids to fill and will need several to step up to have an successful season! Anything inside top 10 would be surprise!

in regards to Hamilton, I think @doubleduece has preseason right!

My top 5 teams for 9th.

Cooper

Ryle- I don’t think gap is that far between 1&2

Holy Cross- I think have the pieces to beat anyone any given day!

Highlands- just like this young team

Notre Dame- everyone gained a ton of experience last year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1