NKY Preseason Top 10 Teams / Players

20 hours ago, UCME said:

It’s obvious you don’t know me very well or at all, I have ZERO bias whether I have a kid on a team or not! Yes I’m a Conner fan but I’m more critical on my own than I am anyone else. Since you singled out Conner and Hamilton then I will comment on that.

In regards to Conner! They have huge voids to fill and will need several to step up to have an successful season! Anything inside top 10 would be surprise!

in regards to Hamilton, I think @doubleduece has preseason right!

My top 5 teams for 9th.

Cooper

Ryle- I don’t think gap is that far between 1&2

Holy Cross- I think have the pieces to beat anyone any given day!

Highlands- just like this young team

Notre Dame- everyone gained a ton of experience last year!

Sounds good. We will get to see the battles between Cooper, Ryle, Holy Cross and NDA. Unfortunately we won’t get to see NDA and Highlands play until possibly a Regional matchup. Bummer 

Does Ryle have a lot of young talent to solidify your stance that they are that close with Cooper?  Cooper won the JV region last year and have a ton of experience IMO compared to Ryle. 

Holy Cross and NDA went 1-1 last year in 2 tight games but I believe NDA is returning more.  So we will have to agree to disagree and enjoy how it plays out. 

for the record I love watching Anna Hamilton play and I did not mean to show any disrespect to her by ranking her 4th in the scorers. That’s a talented group. 

On 10/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, 1992Rebel said:

Sounds good. We will get to see the battles between Cooper, Ryle, Holy Cross and NDA. Unfortunately we won’t get to see NDA and Highlands play until possibly a Regional matchup. Bummer 

Does Ryle have a lot of young talent to solidify your stance that they are that close with Cooper?  Cooper won the JV region last year and have a ton of experience IMO compared to Ryle. 

Holy Cross and NDA went 1-1 last year in 2 tight games but I believe NDA is returning more.  So we will have to agree to disagree and enjoy how it plays out. 

for the record I love watching Anna Hamilton play and I did not mean to show any disrespect to her by ranking her 4th in the scorers. That’s a talented group. 

Ryle does have some young talent , but lack experience. Coach Haitz is known for not going very deep on her bench. With the help of a couple transfers and 6'4" Jayden McClain they should be able to have a solid run in the region.

• Like 1

The Battle of the Borders at Ryle and The Lady Cat Jamboree at Henry County are both this Saturday, the 11th, with terrific scrimmages lined up at each for many of the state's (and area's with other states involved) best teams participating.  If anyone attends either, please do share thoughts, results, and anything else of note from the various scrimmages at these and other locations this Saturday.

We're getting closer!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that!  Manual was my favorite team to watch last year, and I know they lost some key components, but I'll be interested to see how far back they've slid from their magical year in 2022-23.

So many good match-ups in Union on Saturday!!!  I definitely will be there for part of the day.  

• Like 1

Here is the line-up for the Lady Cat Jamboree at Henry County on Saturday.  Not as deep as the Battle of the Border (posted above), but some solid pre-season basketball.

9:00 AM Western Hills vs Danville Christian (Big Gym)

9:00 AM Trimble County vs Collins (Aux Gym)

11:00 AM Conner vs Nelson County (Big Gym)

11:00 AM Gallatin County vs Grace James Academy (Aux Gym)

1:00 PM  Henry County vs Frankfort (Big Gym)

3:00 PM Holy Cross (Cov) vs Montgomery County (Big Gym)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the Hooperama scrimmage this past weekend at Bullit East, Ryle won 3 of the 4 quarters against Butler...Interesting match ups with Butler's commit to UK and Ryle's Baker and McClain. In the fourth quarter Ryle's inexperience showed up drastically as Butler's press kept the Raiders from getting the ball up the court multiple times. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ovrlkd said:

In the Hooperama scrimmage this past weekend at Bullit East, Ryle won 3 of the 4 quarters against Butler...Interesting match ups with Butler's commit to UK and Ryle's Baker and McClain. In the fourth quarter Ryle's inexperience showed up drastically as Butler's press kept the Raiders from getting the ball up the court multiple times. 

How much did McClain play, and how would you describe her play / effectiveness against girls up to 5 years older than her?

1 hour ago, Ovrlkd said:

In Ryle’s defense they pulled their starters with a few minutes left and Butler kept their starters in. 
prior to that Ryle had the 4th period solidly in hand. 

9 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

How much did McClain play, and how would you describe her play / effectiveness against girls up to 5 years older than her?

She can have an immediate impact with her height and wing span. Right now her role is small but she is getting some good minutes behind Baker.

• Thanks 1

Sneaky good game tonight to kick-off NKY Girls Hoops with Grant County visiting St. Henry.

Please make sure each Game's Final Score gets its own thread.

Beginning next Monday morning we'll release our Top 10 (and others) for Girls' NKY Hoops, so I appreciate that those that will be following along, chiming in, and mostly those that support these hard working young ladies all season.

Here we go!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Sneaky good game tonight to kick-off NKY Girls Hoops with Grant County visiting St. Henry.

Please make sure each Game's Final Score gets its own thread.

Beginning next Monday morning we'll release our Top 10 (and others) for Girls' NKY Hoops, so I appreciate that those that will be following along, chiming in, and mostly those that support these hard working young ladies all season.

Here we go!!!

St. Henry will visit Holy Cross tomorrow night in Latonia. Holy Cross Radio will be there to cover the game.

Good luck to all teams this year in the 9th region. Hoping for a healthy season for all teams!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

St. Henry will visit Holy Cross tomorrow night in Latonia. Holy Cross Radio will be there to cover the game.

Good luck to all teams this year in the 9th region. Hoping for a healthy season for all teams!

Forgive me for never tuning in but how do you tune in to HC Radio?  Would love to listen to some games....big Julia fan!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Forgive me for never tuning in but how do you tune in to HC Radio?  Would love to listen to some games....big Julia fan!!!

https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/holycross/widget?I'd=145

* We will be broadcasting (audio only) all home games for the girls and boys as well as some big road games, the All "A" Tournament along with 35th district and regional tournaments. 

• Thanks 1