Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 50 Danville 7

Featured Replies

Danville's only score was on a kickoff return.  They never really got in a position to score offensively as the Somerset defense always tightened when the Ads would near midfield.  Ads only had around 100 yard of total offense.

Not sure what happened with the Breathitt-Leslie County game tonight but I have to think that Somerset won the district with this game.  Kudos to them on a good season.

Ads have lost 9 in a row now.  Onto Breathitt County next week.

Looks like the good ol’ boy decision by the DHS Principal isn’t working out quite like planned. 

I watched the game on Lake Cumberland Sports on YouTube and thought I was watching the John W Bate Middle School team. Danville is Bad, and Coach Clevenger is making the Danville Principal look really silly right now.  

Wow. Danville was a force in KY HS football for a long time. I guess the population has shifted and more kids attend Boyle. Many of us old timers remember when Boyle County was not today's Boyle County.

So surreal to see the Admirals humbled week after week. They have been a juggernaut for most of their history. I suppose maybe the school has lost enrollment.

5 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Can Somerset compete with the big 4?

They have some athletes and have looked good in games that I've watched them in it but I still think they are a few years away from getting back into that upper tier of 2A.  I think they'll be a tough out for someone in the postseason but I don't see them as a threat to the top 4.

12 hours ago, 9068 said:

Wow. Danville was a force in KY HS football for a long time. I guess the population has shifted and more kids attend Boyle. Many of us old timers remember when Boyle County was not today's Boyle County.

 

11 hours ago, The Professor said:

So surreal to see the Admirals humbled week after week. They have been a juggernaut for most of their history. I suppose maybe the school has lost enrollment.

They won a state title in 2017.  It has little to do with shifting demographics.  A terrible Superintendent and a baseball coach started this whole thing.  Terrible administrative decisions and a school board that sat on it's hands have decimated a once proud football program and SCHOOL.  Danville independent school district is on shaky ground.  It's next Superintendent hire, which is expected in the next few months, that may actually determine whether they exist in the same way as they have for over 100 years.  

13 hours ago, 9068 said:

Wow. Danville was a force in KY HS football for a long time. I guess the population has shifted and more kids attend Boyle. Many of us old timers remember when Boyle County was not today's Boyle County.

I’m very aware, even with living in NKY nearly all my life. My grandfather and his siblings lived between Boyle and Lincoln Counties a large part of their lives. I attended plenty Danville games with him long ago and know how big Danville football was to its fans just through my family and their several friends never leaving those areas alone. Other relatives/family were really into Lincoln County football from that time too.

As far as competing with the top 4 they are the #2 team in the East behind Beechwood all the other teams are in the west somebody is going to have to get beat I don’t think they can win it all but they can definitely knock somebody out of it. They have a young team with a couple of explosive RB one whom is just a sophomore they will be a hard out for somebody.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.