Logan County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Logan County at Paducah Tilghman   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Paducah Tilghman
    • Logan County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2023 at 12:00 AM

Tilghman will finish up this 3 game homestand with a 5-1 Logan County team who is also 2-0 in district play, the same as PT. 

The last meeting between these 2 was in the 2003 playoffs.

Logan has some skilled offensive players and should be looking for Davin Yates, the teams second leading rusher and leading receiver, to make a big impact. He has 13 total tds so far to lead the team and is also the 4th leading tackler, notching 6 TFL's and a couple sacks. 

Ridge Holman is a really good qb for Logan and will have some guys (Elijah Hawkins/rb and Jack Delaney/wr) besides Yates who can make a big impact as well. Hawkins is also the teams leading tackler. 

I feel like this game doesn't go the way of the Allen County-Scottsville game, at least no so quickly. PT will be the favorite, I just think Logan has enough pieces to stay in this one a lot longer. 

Logan County's lone loss was a 21-13 defeat to Greenwood. Greenwood lost by 34 to South Warren and 29 to Owensboro Catholic, two teams who can hang with just about anyone. 

Not that comparing scores works all that often, but I feel like they can at least make this game interesting if some things fall their way, and honestly I hope it does. PT by 21-28 sounds about right to me. It just feels they match up a little better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Tilghman will finish up this 3 game homestand with a 5-1 Logan County team who is also 2-0 in district play, the same as PT. 

The last meeting between these 2 was in the 2003 playoffs.

Logan has some skilled offensive players and should be looking for Davin Yates, the teams second leading rusher and leading receiver, to make a big impact. He has 13 total tds so far to lead the team and is also the 4th leading tackler, notching 6 TFL's and a couple sacks. 

Ridge Holman is a really good qb for Logan and will have some guys (Elijah Hawkins/rb and Jack Delaney/wr) besides Yates who can make a big impact as well. Hawkins is also the teams leading tackler. 

I feel like this game doesn't go the way of the Allen County-Scottsville game, at least no so quickly. PT will be the favorite, I just think Logan has enough pieces to stay in this one a lot longer. 

Logan County's lone loss was a 21-13 defeat to Greenwood. Greenwood lost by 34 to South Warren and 29 to Owensboro Catholic, two teams who can hang with just about anyone. 

Not that comparing scores works all that often, but I feel like they can at least make this game interesting if some things fall their way, and honestly I hope it does. PT by 21-28 sounds about right to me. It just feels they match up a little better. 

Without saying their names will any of the injured players return for this game?

You can't say enough about the job Adler has done at Logan County. They'll compete and make Tilghman earn whatever they get, but the Tornado should take this by at least a couple of scores and maybe a lot more if their superior athletes can get loose.

This Tilghman team has a different feel. The week to week consistency has improved leaps and bounds this year. 

• Like 5

@DevilMayCare touched on the job HC Todd Adler has done in his time at the helm of this Cougars program, who many may remember being one of the worst programs in the state of KY just a decade ago. It cannot be stressed enough how great of a job he has done in his 8 years.

Big fan of the Cougars WR/DB Davin Yates (SR) it takes a special kind of leader to change from being a 2 year starting QB of your team who had success and take on the challenge to move positions to help benefit his team and excel the way he has the first half of the season. This will be another big test for the Cougars starting QB Ridge Holman (SO) who has looked great all season long and underperformed the one game against Greenwood who was easily the toughest match for this Logan County team yet, I see another shaky performance incoming.

Tilghman has been dominant all season long and I don’t see that changing this Friday night, speed kills and they have a plethora of options to matriculate down the field.

PT 44 LC 14

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KingDeuce said:

Is Logan the 2nd best team in PT's schedule? 

As of today, yes.

Warren East is a shell of what most, including myself, thought they would be this season. Attest that to their coaching change, inability to establish any sort of identity, and overall lack of consistency. Could that change over the course of a few games? Sure. But I see PT handling both Logan and East similarly in the 42-14 range.